ANOTHER Muppet T-Shirt Design Contest

theprawncracker

Reaction score
The ones you showed off, Jamie, are about the only ones I like. Most of the entries are absolutely hideous. 90% of the entries are either poorly drawn, poorly/obviously Photoshopped, or just plain ugly or stupid. The Tiki-style Mayhem is my absolute favorite, but I also adore this one...

Drtooth

Reaction score
The ones you showed off, Jamie, are about the only ones I like. Most of the entries are absolutely hideous. 90% of the entries are either poorly drawn, poorly/obviously Photoshopped, or just plain ugly or stupid. The Tiki-style
Hey! I'll take poorly drawn over cheaply photoshopped anyday. At least that means they're not willfully stealing anything.

I DO love the beaker with Beaker's face on it. That's just ingeniously weird.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Okay, these two are my new, new favorites. They both elegantly embody the heart of muppetyness without trying too hard to be gimmicky. I'd easily wear both of these. They aren't only strong graphics, but also strong graphic tees. Both are examples of some gorgeous work! The Muppet Mob edges out Animal Kong for my top spot only due to its nearly-white tee base. I don't wear white and a darker color would really make that graphic pop. Otherwise, these are both tied for my faves unless something amazing comes in the next 12 hours. :flirt:

barkerbird

Reaction score
Thanks man! The styling on the muppet mob is fantastic! I hear you about the white tshirt on mine and I sympathize. Especially because of my near transparent complextion I don't often wear light shirts but i wanted to get the feel of the original kong and with the shades of grey I wanted to use with the line art any darker base would have muddied it up. Best of luck to all the entries!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Thanks man! The styling on the muppet mob is fantastic! I hear you about the white tshirt on mine and I sympathize. Especially because of my near transparent complextion I don't often wear light shirts but i wanted to get the feel of the original kong and with the shades of grey I wanted to use with the line art any darker base would have muddied it up. Best of luck to all the entries!
If it wins i hope there are two base-tee options. I'd proudly wear the darker one as i too have a translucent complexion. :wink: Great idea!!

I'll spill my pseudo-parody concept once the entries are in. Sadly, it never advanced to the sketch stage. If only we'd had another week...but it's kind of fun watching the contest without last time's jitters. :cool:

barkerbird

Reaction score
Yes the deadline came fast this time. I would have loved to see what you would come up with this time. Congrats on the last win! Well deserved however confusing the experience might have been with all the back and forth...

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Yes the deadline came fast this time. I would have loved to see what you would come up with this time. Congrats on the last win! Well deserved however confusing the experience might have been with all the back and forth...
Aw, thanks. It played out just like a Muppet movie. :smile: My favorite photo of the shirt is my buddy Kev with Sesame Street veteran Fran Brill. Love it!

MrTheFrog

Reaction score
After alot of back and forth, I decided to submit a design for this contest. As luck would have it, when I went to submit it, the site was acting up, so I e-mailed it to them instead. I'm not sure if it went through or not, but either way, I had fun doing it. Here it is: