1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

ANOTHER Muppet T-Shirt Design Contest

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by TheMonsterAteMe, Sep 12, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Seriously... Disney should hire you to do more Muppet stuff. You and the rest of the Muppet comics bunch.

I'm just glad that the winners weren't all pilfered style guide photos. That stuff's for official mass merchandise releases.
    frogboy4 likes this.
  2. MUPPETMONKEY

MUPPETMONKEY Active Member

Thank you. At least I won ah....uh...100 buck certificate:smirk: which I'm planning to spend in my other fellow competitors designs
  3. frogboy4

frogboy4 Inactive Member

You know, I could easily see Alvarez' design repeated in a design for Muppet wrapping paper. I second Tooth's remark! :)

Edit: By the way, wasn't there supposed to be up-to-$3000 in cash for prizes? I guess the 3x larger number was used to draw people in. I mean, $1000 is very generous, but it's less than the Threadless contest. Hmmm....
  4. MUPPETMONKEY

MUPPETMONKEY Active Member

I was wondering about the same thing. Wasn't the prize supposed to be $3,000?
    frogboy4 likes this.
  5. Jasonzilla

Jasonzilla New Member

The prize was "UP TO" $3000, depending on how many people voted. The more votes, the more prize money. Guess not that many people voted. Maybe somebody should have done a My Little Pony/Muppets mashup! Judging by all the MLP shirts on there, it would have gotten TONS of votes!
    frogboy4 likes this.
  6. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

"Up TO $3.98 a piece! How 'bout that?" (valueless points for whoever knows what I'm referencing).

Yeah, I see certain merchandise with different interpretations of characters. There's a real slant for a retro late 60's Peanuts look. I've seen different versions of Looney Tunes on various things (though mostly their 90's redesigns)... and there's even stylized Mickey and Co stuff all the time. Why not have shirts with Langride, Alvarez or Paroline looking Muppets on there? Much more interesting than the same Animal heads.
    Jasonzilla and frogboy4 like this.
  7. Psammeadboi

Psammeadboi Active Member

Congratulations to the winners! :D

I'm not sure I'm entirely clear on the point of a theme for these contest if there is no reason for it whatsoever. Any one have information about that at all?