ANOTHER Muppet T-Shirt Design Contest

muppetperson

Reaction score
After alot of back and forth, I decided to submit a design for this contest. As luck would have it, when I went to submit it, the site was acting up, so I e-mailed it to them instead. I'm not sure if it went through or not, but either way, I had fun doing it. Here it is:
I like this design, but somehow it seems there is too much going on for a T shirt design.It would make a great poster, though.:smile:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
:flirt: My Personal Top 10 :cool:

It seems that all 174 entries are in. If that’s the case then these are my personal faves. I picked these due to their strong graphic quality, their muppetyness and their ability to translate that onto a shirt. Please note that there are many other beautiful entries that I enjoyed a lot. These are 10 of them. I'll be thrilled for the winner of this contest even if they aren't in this assortment.
“It’s Time”
Wonderfully and fluidly drawn mob of Muppets with just the right amount of artistic interpretation by Kenny Durkin. I’m still thinking this is my front-runner.

“New York! New York!”
Beautiful and elegant design in every way. I support this on a darker colored tee. I think Brian Kesinger also did that fantastic Bunsen and Beaker “Friendship = Trust” tee for Threadless.

“The Muppets”
The more I look at these renditions by Jerry Regan, the more I love them!
(Darker tee, please.)

“Ride Kermit Ride”
Simple is good. A clean, elegant A+ shirt by Steve Palmer that any Muppet fan would buy!

“The Show Must Go On”
I love how these characters are drawn, particularly Miss Piggy, by Muppets comic artist Tanya Roberts. Great graphic!

“The Muppies”
Beautifully drawn characters by Patrick Johnson, an artist who has mastered the Muppet design. This one is more of a poster than a shirt, but I’d wear it! GOONIES!

"Dr. Tiki"
Gorgeous! Another solid graphic by Patrick Johnson.

“Muppet Toons”
I love this artist’s work so much! It doesn’t need that large Muppets logo. This work by Dave Alvarez speaks for itself.

"Koozebane"
Funny Star Trek reference and nicely drawn characters. Yet another strong graphic by Patrick Johnson! This shirt pops!!

“Muppet & Peanuts”
The Muppets in Peanuts style by Henk de Nijs. While this is not my first fave, it definitely gets an enthusiastic mention. I love Kermit’s Snoopy dance!

Slackbot

Reaction score
I would buy "It's Time" or "The Muppies" in a Koozebane minute. The former makes me want to hum "Yakety Sax," better known as the Benny Hill chase music.

rowlfy662

Reaction score
well good luck to who ever wins sadly didn't get my submission in on time oh well but i really love the koozbane one

Drtooth

Reaction score
“Muppet Toons”
I love this artist’s work so much! It doesn’t need that large Muppets logo. This work by Dave Alvarez speaks for itself.

You know... I wish Disney would hire as many of the Muppet Show/Classics comics artists as possible to do merchandise like T-Shirts and baseball caps and notebooks and stuff like that. So much better than stock footage and style guides. Seems like the only way I can get a Roger Langridge Muppet Show T-Shirt is to get someone to scan in a picture of the comics and make an iron on...

That stuff WOULD sell better than the standard Animal head.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
You know... I wish Disney would hire as many of the Muppet Show/Classics comics artists as possible to do merchandise like T-Shirts and baseball caps and notebooks and stuff like that. So much better than stock footage and style guides. Seems like the only way I can get a Roger Langridge Muppet Show T-Shirt is to get someone to scan in a picture of the comics and make an iron on...

That stuff WOULD sell better than the standard Animal head.
I agree. Licensing art kind of works in a boring way.

Incidentally, there were two concepts I was pursuing, but didn't have the time:

One was drawing the Electric Mayhem bus in the same style as the artwork on the classic GMC glasses from McDonald's.

The other was having a tight group of Muppets shooting out of a rainbow and toward the viewer in classic DC Super Friends action poses (likely without the costumes, but maybe with them). Both of these would look active and adventurous.

MUPPETMONKEY

Reaction score
Well, I was about to make some shameless self promo, but I see my design already made it here. Yaay! Well, voting is out there already, folks!

Psammeadboi

Reaction score
Here's the design I submitted! It was all done by hand in pencil, then inked, then digitally colored. Since the theme was adventure, I figured nothing said adventure more than traveling across the country and how the Muppets first met!

Happy voting everyone!

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Congratulations to the 5 selections of the Mighty Fine Muppets Tee Contest!

While I agree with some of the selections (and all of them are attractive) I definitely think Kenny's, Dave's or Patrick's should have placed in the top spot because they are actually adventurous in one way or another. Those, incidentally, will probably be the tees i purchase if they ever get the shopping cart working. I do like like that they have some base-color tee options. But I'm still kind of disappointed that a few key designs were snubbed. Once again i don't know how the voting works.