Is It Possible To Date/Marry A Non Muppet Fan?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Dang! I like eclectic alternative girls, but that's a little too much. Never ever a good sign if someone doesn't want you to pursue goals
that was just the icing on the cake...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------------
I have to agree with Beaker's original point: the values represented by the whole Henson crowd are ones we'd all like to have more of in our lives, no? I'm not talking liberal or conservative stuff here...just that it would certainly be better to be with a person who values art, joy, respect for others and self, teamwork and helping each other with personal goals...I could go on and on...

:boo: Please don't!
:sleep: Bad enough we have to deal with the bear without the Dan-Rather-nots jumping in here as well!
:sleep::boo: DOH ho ho ho!

Okay. Fine. But would I be more inclined to date someone if they loved the Muppets? Absolutely. If they didn't know much about Muppets? Educate! And if they said they hated them?...Dealbreaker. Not for the unshared-fandom aspect at all...but simply because anyone so vehemently against them would likely be incompatible in many other areas!
-------------------

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
It wouldn't be a deal breaker for me. It takes a lot more than common interests to build a relationship.
i think its meant as a blatant hatred of the Muppets being the deal breaker

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
I myself have a league of 7 evil exes, yet, only 3 of them openly expressed love for the Muppets. The others didn't hate them (at least I don't think so), but I certainly wouldn't call them fans. Especially since Mr. #5 asked if I made up the lyrics to The Rainbow Connection :rolleyes: I merely told him no, "I' m not a lyrical genius of a frog" he wasn't really listening, so, he just played it off.

My current boyfriend is originally from Haiti and he's not a man of many words and I'm not so sure if he's familiar with the Muppets though on Facebook he liked my profile picture which is me in a Muppet t-shirt (you can clearly see Miss Piggy and Fozzie on my sleeves and Kermit on the front of the shirt).

It really depends for me, honestly, but, I have listed Miss Piggy as my idol in several places and even wrote an essay about how the character of Miss Piggy inspires me (it earned me a 102 in history class last year :big_grin:) So, if a guy had a problem with that I'd have to give a nice hard HIYA to the curb.

DramaQueenMokey

Reaction score
Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaang... who are you, the girl from Scott Pilgrim? :eek:
Lol nope, but after that movie came out I was like wow...its really sad (in a funny way) how that's what I can use to describe my situation :laugh: