Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
I just placed my disneystore.com order with 1 of each plush since the pepe and rizzo plush are now available! plus free shipping. I tend to only purchase from disneystore.com only if free shipping b/c shipping can be ridiculous. Also, if you are a disney movie rewards member, you can now get the official muppets movie poster for 550 points. I ordered mine! It said 6-8 weeks for shipping and I was surprised when I received an email today stating it shipped! I am so excited! Through November - January I will be like a kid in a candy store with all the muppets merchandise.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was looking at the Muppet Central collectibles guide, and there was a PVC of Mad Monty and Polly Lobster (sculpted together) released in spain in 1996.
I don't think I've ever seen or heard of them...

I checked the Wiki, though. There's a Spa'am and some tourist rats too. Bet this costs a fortune on E-bay.

There's apparently a British Burger King premium that has a Long John Silver with a Polly on his shoulders, but there's no picture of that.

TimmyMonsterIL

Reaction score
Went to my local Disney store today. They had Fozzie out and a new Kermit mug. They had three of the new t-shirts too. I asked when they would be getting more and they said this Thursday would be the big day. They were nice enough to show me the print out of what they are setting up...

The really good news is... There is a WALTER plush. He was on the display they said was going in the front of the store. And the Kermit plush in the picture they showed me looked much better than the online pic.
I'm REALLY excited! I just found out there is a newly opened Disney Store in St Louis, MO. That is only about a 90 minute drive for me !(Instead of the 4 hour drive to the Michigan Ave store in Chicago...) Looks like I have something to go see this weekend!!!

beaker

Reaction score
I said this before... I actually did some research and realized there never was all that much of Muppet Merchandise when a movie came out. Muppet Treasure Island had the most. Even then it was like 3 plush, a McDonalds promotion AND Bubble Bath in containers shaped like the characters.

On the one hand, I agree there should be more... but on the other hand, I wasn't expecting Pepe or Rizzo. Maybe Beaker. Either more will follow the movie or more will follow how things are selling out. I'm more disappointed if there's no Muppet stuff outside of the Disney Store, but frankly, I'm not expecting much there either.
The Muppets were never released by the Disney machine. The Disney machine is known for merchandise onslaughts for their fall tentpoles in the last decade.
Lack of Muppet film merch=lame and unacceptable to me..but sadly, just as I predicted.

ilovemuppet4eva

Reaction score
Hey everyone. Just a heads-up. I just called my local disneystore and asked about the muppets merchandise. They said the majority of the items will be on the floor Nov 12. They said Nov. 12 the disneystore is hosting a muppets craft event!!!

Drtooth

Reaction score
The Muppets were never released by the Disney machine. The Disney machine is known for merchandise onslaughts for their fall tentpoles in the last decade.
Lack of Muppet film merch=lame and unacceptable to me..but sadly, just as I predicted.
I wasn't expecting much. Even the movie specific merchandise for Toy Story 3 and Cars 2 didn't hit until around the time of and after the movie. Yet, they could have easily had Kermit and Animal on store shelves anyway.

Still, the only ball I see being dropped is rereleasing the movies and getting Season 4 out there... but Season 4's got music rights issues. I'd never expect to see anything like the Muppet action figure line again. But PVC's wouldn't hurt.

muppetperson

Reaction score
OOOH! One of the rare times we actually get movie specific characters! And around the release of a movie too! It took us 10 years to get Ghost of Christmas Past as a figurine from Palisades... and the only pirate we got was a pack in Polly Lobster. And the only time we saw Phil, Gil, and Jill was in a video game.
We did get Croaker from "Kermit's Swamp Years" in the Dairy Queen Cannonballers premium.

Drtooth

Reaction score
We did get Croaker from "Kermit's Swamp Years" in the Dairy Queen Cannonballers premium.
Forgot about them too...

though, to be honest, there weren't very many movie specific Muppets until MTM... unless you count Mr. Fozzmet the Brog in GMC (That's what I call him, anyway).