1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

Discussion in 'Muppet Merchandise' started by ElecMayhem, Oct 24, 2011.

1. ilovemuppet4eva

ilovemuppet4eva Active Member

I just placed my disneystore.com order with 1 of each plush since the pepe and rizzo plush are now available! plus free shipping. I tend to only purchase from disneystore.com only if free shipping b/c shipping can be ridiculous. Also, if you are a disney movie rewards member, you can now get the official muppets movie poster for 550 points. I ordered mine! It said 6-8 weeks for shipping and I was surprised when I received an email today stating it shipped! I am so excited! Through November - January I will be like a kid in a candy store with all the muppets merchandise.
  2. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

I don't think I've ever seen or heard of them...

I checked the Wiki, though. There's a Spa'am and some tourist rats too. Bet this costs a fortune on E-bay.

There's apparently a British Burger King premium that has a Long John Silver with a Polly on his shoulders, but there's no picture of that.
  3. TimmyMonsterIL

TimmyMonsterIL Active Member

I'm REALLY excited! I just found out there is a newly opened Disney Store in St Louis, MO. That is only about a 90 minute drive for me !(Instead of the 4 hour drive to the Michigan Ave store in Chicago...) Looks like I have something to go see this weekend!!!
    theprawncracker likes this.
  4. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

The Muppets were never released by the Disney machine. The Disney machine is known for merchandise onslaughts for their fall tentpoles in the last decade.
    Lack of Muppet film merch=lame and unacceptable to me..but sadly, just as I predicted.
  5. ilovemuppet4eva

Hey everyone. Just a heads-up. I just called my local disneystore and asked about the muppets merchandise. They said the majority of the items will be on the floor Nov 12. They said Nov. 12 the disneystore is hosting a muppets craft event!!!
    theprawncracker likes this.
  6. a_Mickey_Muppet

a_Mickey_Muppet Well-Known Member

Walter???!! SWEeeeeeeeeeeT :)
  7. Drtooth

I wasn't expecting much. Even the movie specific merchandise for Toy Story 3 and Cars 2 didn't hit until around the time of and after the movie. Yet, they could have easily had Kermit and Animal on store shelves anyway.

Still, the only ball I see being dropped is rereleasing the movies and getting Season 4 out there... but Season 4's got music rights issues. I'd never expect to see anything like the Muppet action figure line again. But PVC's wouldn't hurt.
  8. muppetperson

muppetperson Well-Known Member

We did get Croaker from "Kermit's Swamp Years" in the Dairy Queen Cannonballers premium.
  9. a_Mickey_Muppet

yeah PVC's would be nice too! :dreamy:
  10. Drtooth

Forgot about them too...

though, to be honest, there weren't very many movie specific Muppets until MTM... unless you count Mr. Fozzmet the Brog in GMC (That's what I call him, anyway).
  11. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I wonder if those plush reported at Toy Fair 2010 are still coming, or if these plush are them. They don't look entirely like the puppets, but most of them are good likenesses.
  12. Walter

Walter Active Member

WAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!! -thud-
    [​IMG]
    Uploaded with ImageShack.us

ehem..This just made my year..thank you for this news tomahawk!
    muppetperson likes this.
  13. ilovemuppet4eva

Does anyone know if a statler and waldoff plush will be released as part of the muppets plush collection? I would love them as plush!!! In regards to the mugs, I bought me a Miss Piggy and Kermit mug. They are the tall standing mugs! I love them
  14. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

hmmm walter eh, depending how it looks i may have t0 grab him...even though i may grab him either way he is growing on me
  15. a_Mickey_Muppet

Ordered myself and the gf (PepesGail90) our Pepe plushes from DisneyStore.com today :)
  16. MuppetGuy75

MuppetGuy75 Active Member

These new items are fantastic! Super awesome! :D:sing::flirt::cool::halo:
  17. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------------
    Drat it. My car is down for repairs this weekend...but I must drive across town to the worst traffic area nonetheless, and soon...I must brave the idiots with SUVs in order to get to the only Disney store around! Maybe NEXT week...

--------------------
  18. a_Mickey_Muppet

HEY NOW!!!! I HAVE AN SUV!!! (jeep libarty sport, red) :attitude:...lol just messin' :p
  19. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

That sounds awesome! Be sure to post about that when you get details(or even pix!)
    My local new Disney store didn't have a single Muppet thing today, but perhaps they are waiting til right around the movie. IF ONLY Disney didn't excommunicate Mcdonalds. All those abortions of awful DWA and Fox animation films get McD toys
  20. muppetguy

muppetguy Member

Ok, so last night I went to the Disney store near me in Queens, NY. They had some of the muppet items there. Out fo the plushes, they had Kermit (they really nailed him this time in plush, in MHO), Gonzo (I feel like no one ever gets him right, the nose color always throws me off), Rizzo, Pepe and Fozzie (he looks much better in person than online). They had a Miss Piggy mug, the muppet vinylmation figurines....and that was about it.

I did buy myself a Pepe plush and he is amazing, I absolutely LOVE him and am soooo happy I didn't wait for Christmas to get this lil guy! The colors and everything are so true to the character. I have him sitting next to my Kermit, Animal and Gonzo Replicas.

I asked about the Animal and Piggy Plushes and the disney store person told me they get inventory every tuesday and Friday, SO for people traveling long distances to any disney stores, I suggest calling them up first and ask if the merchandise has arrived at that specific store.

Good luck and have fun muppet shopping! Can't wait to see the plush version of Walter.