If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Connie Stevens! Episode! And I think it's great that you don't believe thatFamily Guy rude humor is the only thing that is funny. I think what's truly funny is something that will hurt nobody's feelings.
Yeah, me too. You know what I can't help but laugh at every time? TMTM:
"Well, I told you I wanted to do something different"
"So put some Jell-o down your pants!"

...and of course, Connie Stevens! You're good at picking up Muppet hints!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Yeah, me too. You know what I can't help but laugh at every time? TMTM:
"Well, I told you I wanted to do something different"
"So put some Jell-o down your pants!"

...and of course, Connie Stevens! You're good at picking up Muppet hints!
Thanks I'm a bit of a fan... ok a big bit! I actually think it's funny when Mokey has a sock on her nose in A Cave of One's Own. Especially when Gobo comes in and says how funny it was. Oh or how about when Kermit and the gang are preparing to stop Nicky and they are playing to use various practical joke equipment, but they don't have any!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if the franchise would be ruined if they made a very dark Muppet movie. Not sure what kind of a dark plot would be right for the Muppets, but it seems like it'd be interesting.

I'm sure Statler and Waldorf would like to see a dark Muppet movie, so they wouldn't have to see a thing!

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I wonder if the franchise would be ruined if they made a very dark Muppet movie. Not sure what kind of a dark plot would be right for the Muppets, but it seems like it'd be interesting.

I'm sure Statler and Waldorf would like to see a dark Muppet movie, so they wouldn't have to see a thing!
Oh ho ho ho! Good joke! Dark, wouldn't have to see a thing! A dark Muppet Movie ? I don't think that would work, but they could make a monster movie spoof, built by a Mad Scientist who wants to capture the Muppets to make his awful scripts successful, but the monster becomes the Muppets friends (like Smurfette in Smurfs)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I wonder if Disney would (or could) consider reviving any unproduced Muppet movie script of the past. There have been quite a few known unproduced scripts (The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made, Muppet Haunted House, Muppets in Space), though many of them sound a bit gimmicky (something Jason Segel and Nick Stoller wanted to avoid).

There were quite a few unproduced Muppet movies announced around the time Muppets from Space was in production (as Henson was hoping their deal with Columbia would bring out 3-5 Muppet movies within a short time frame). Not sure how far the scripts got, but it would be interesting to know how visible the Muppets Tonight characters were (I've read that until Jerry Juhl left production of Muppets from Space Pepe either didn't have a big part or wasn't in the script at all) and how Rowlf, Scooter, and The Electric Mayhem were used.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
I wonder if Disney would (or could) consider reviving any unproduced Muppet movie script of the past. There have been quite a few known unproduced scripts (The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made, Muppet Haunted House, Muppets in Space), though many of them sound a bit gimmicky (something Jason Segel and Nick Stoller wanted to avoid).

There were quite a few unproduced Muppet movies announced around the time Muppets from Space was in production (as Henson was hoping their deal with Columbia would bring out 3-5 Muppet movies within a short time frame). Not sure how far the scripts got, but it would be interesting to know how visible the Muppets Tonight characters were (I've read that until Jerry Juhl left production of Muppets from Space Pepe either didn't have a big part or wasn't in the script at all) and how Rowlf, Scooter, and The Electric Mayhem were used.
Muppets in Space, will it have anything to do with Muppets From Space? I also want to so Haunted HOuse, I like spoofs on horror movies. No matter what the muppets make it will always be funny!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Muppets in Space, will it have anything to do with Muppets From Space? I also want to so Haunted HOuse, I like spoofs on horror movies. No matter what the muppets make it will always be funny!
Two different Muppet space movies were written around the same time (the unreleased Muppets in Space and the released Muppets from Space), both with similar titles but different plots. I think Henson initially decided on making Muppets in Space before changing their minds and making the one we got, but before changing their mind they actually made a deal with Welches to include glasses promoting Muppets in Space, so they actually made merchandise for an unproduced movie (and the glasses came out before production on Muppets from Space even began).

I'd like to see the Haunted House movie for the fact that it'd probably involve many Muppet monsters. Then again, the "Muppet Mash" storyarc in the Muppet Show Comic Books series didn't feature any existing Muppet monsters except Sweetums (if you count Animal as a monster, then Sweetums and Animal). I think that's the only storyarc in the comic books to NOT have appearances by any of the other monsters.

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Two different Muppet space movies were written around the same time (the unreleased Muppets in Space and the released Muppets from Space), both with similar titles but different plots. I think Henson initially decided on making Muppets in Space before changing their minds and making the one we got, but before changing their mind they actually made a deal with Welches to include glasses promoting Muppets in Space, so they actually made merchandise for an unproduced movie (and the glasses came out before production on Muppets from Space even began).

I'd like to see the Haunted House movie for the fact that it'd probably involve many Muppet monsters. Then again, the "Muppet Mash" storyarc in the Muppet Show Comic Books series didn't feature any existing Muppet monsters except Sweetums (if you count Animal as a monster, then Sweetums and Animal). I think that's the only storyarc in the comic books to NOT have appearances by any of the other monsters.
Ok, and I like Muppet Monsters too!

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
So, I was thinking. There's this huge movie concept of The Muppets, which brings all the characters back together, and it also reflects where they are in their 'lives' -- as in bringing them back to mainstream.

But something I've been wondering is, what will be next for them?

Will people expect the next movie to be a direct sequel to this movie? Could they ever do something as diverse as claiming a genre (The Muppet Caper) and just playing themselves in another role? Would they ever tackle a classic again, and if so, would that work for them?

I suppose it may depend upon whether they have a tv series, etc, following the movie. But assuming that they don't return to tv, but that the movie is a big enough success to warrant another movie quite soon after...Who will script in? Will there be a major star at the helm as Jason was? Do they need that kind of star power to push forward? Who will be the 'passion' behind the project?

Just some thoughts to ponder on...
They did say back in 2008 that if the movie is succesful than they will make a TV show, I just hope that show won't be one of those lame Disney channel shows. I'm kinda worried about that.
Secondly if it would be a movie next it would probably be "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" since that was the original title and script before "The Muppets"
I hope the Muppets do rise to their former glory and I hope this new Muppet Movie will bring it to that...

Drtooth

Reaction score
I want to see ORIGINAL comics coming back. But then again, I've read Marvel cans titles like nothing else now... even BEFORE they're released. So that doesn't give me a huge vote of confidence there.