Fan art

Muppetaz

Reaction score
To be honest, I gave up after seeing everyone eleses art.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
To be honest, I gave up after seeing everyone eleses art.
Don't. I don't consider myself terribly good...there will ALWAYS be someone better than me, than you, than anyone. Period. Draw and paint and express anyway!!

And thanks Slackbot...I didn't know that was the proper way! The little "insert pic" tab only says to post the url...didn't realize the art would have a separate one from the page it's actually on! Sounds like Bill Gates designed it... coughcoughOvercomplicatednonsensecoughcough...

-----------------------

Slackbot

Reaction score
Actually, it makes perfect sense. When you hit the image button, a box pops up saying "Enter image URL". You're telling it to insert an image. You can't insert a HTML page inside a forum post, which is what you are trying to do when you put the DeviantArt page address into the aforementioned popup. Square peg in round hole. The result: it does not compute, so you end up with a dead image link.

And I understand about being intimidated by others' works. There are writers and artists who make me feel like a talentless hack. But fan art is about expressing yourself, not about competing with others. Do you insist upon perfection in others, or do you enjoy their efforts on their own merits? Others feel the same way, and like seeing what others bring to the table. If you want to post art, then do it.

ilovemusic

Reaction score
So, I haven´t been posting art on this thread for a while, because I thought it was egoistical to post a lot of own art. And now, well, heheh, my scanner's broken. But since I made this Electric Mayhem poster-like thingy which is A3 and cannot be scanned in, I post. This one's made with nothing but a pilot fineliner, a pencil and eraser and some felt-tip points. I'm still working on the background, it's in the EM buse. (Sorry for the mess around the posters.)
Line version:

Characters coloured:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Wow! Very impressive! The Mayhem need their own special....

beaker

Reaction score
Characters coloured:
Wowzas...that is so up my alley in terms of unique stylish awesomeness I don't even have words. You definitely should be hired if they do any more Muppet comics. Heck I can already envision this as an animated series or online webisode short! I'd love to see more of your work...also, bonus points for doing this with organic non digital drawing and coloring.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------
Yowza! Kickbutt, Effie!!

-------------------