Disney Store Muppet Merchandise Released

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
I went to my local Disney store and got the Kermit and Animal to start. I didn't even see them in there at first. The setup was on a small shelf and not very noticeable. But when I was walking around the store after picking out the stuff, the workers were all commenting on how exciting it was that the Muppets are coming back and merchandise was coming in.

As has been said in the thread, the plushes don't all look the same. There were two Kermits left, and one had something funky going on with the eyes.

And the Animal, man. It looks excellent. I was going to get Pepe and Kermit, but the Animal looked too fantastic to pass on. Pepe and the rest will have to wait a couple more paychecks.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I was finally able to get to a Disney store to pick up Pepe yesterday! Such a great little plush! But a word of warning--I know some of you may only be able to order online, but if you have the ability to go to a Disney store in person, try to do so. They had three or four Pepe plushes, and all of them (except the one I bought) had major eye focus issues. Like, totally cockeyed, one looking up and one looking down. Weird. Also, the others seemed to have the mouth mostly shut, but mine was open. So there's a good deal of variety--if you can get to the store and pick out the best one, do it. :rolleyes:

The other plushes all looked pretty uniform to each other, though.
Some plushes for some reason vary. I remember getting 2 Baby Kermit plush when I was little... one had a flaw in the cardboard/plastic shaper in the mouth so it looked like it was screaming...the other had something else weird wrong with it, but I can't remember. Also wound up getting 2 Bean Bag George of the Jungles and one somehow has a larger nose.

I personally check plushes though... make sure they don't have loose seams or pulled threads. Half the time I get one as a gift, there's a thread pulled or something.

robodog

Reaction score
I'm not big on straight up plush. When I buy plush I usually like them to do something. Exceptions are few but I do have a few vintage Pound Puppies and a Loyal Heart Dog Care Bear Cousin that I'll never part with. Of course I bought those before I established the No plain Plush rule. If they were to make a plush Rowlf though I'd have to break that rule. I never got the Fisher Price Rowlf plush as a kid and I'm still smarting from the loss 30 years later.
I'd prefer PVCs or poseable figures though. Either way my toy dog collection desperately needs a Rowlf of some sort.

beaker

Reaction score
I went to my local Disney store and got the Kermit and Animal to start. I didn't even see them in there at first. The setup was on a small shelf and not very noticeable.
Yeah it's like Disney is ashamed of them or something

I'm not big on straight up plush. When I buy plush I usually like them to do something. Exceptions are few but I do have a few vintage Pound Puppies and a Loyal Heart Dog Care Bear Cousin that I'll never part with. Of course I bought those before I established the No plain Plush rule. If they were to make a plush Rowlf though I'd have to break that rule. I never got the Fisher Price Rowlf plush as a kid and I'm still smarting from the loss 30 years later.
I'd prefer PVCs or poseable figures though. Either way my toy dog collection desperately needs a Rowlf of some sort.
Im with you on Rowlf! The only Rowlf plushes I have are only a few inches and came from German Mcdonalds circa 2002 and Starbucks circa 2003.

brkndwnbus

Reaction score
Yeah it's like Disney is ashamed of them or something
At the story I was at, I just got the impression from the location of the display and the size that the store didn't know how well they'd sell. The workers all had Muppets pins on and talked to me for a while at the register about how excited they were about having a Beaker plush in the store and a new movie on the way.

80sRobot

Reaction score
I just went to DisneyStore.com and it looks like the Animal and Beaker plush are sold out. That is a great sign considering we still have two weeks till the movie is released.

Walter

Reaction score
I just went to DisneyStore.com and it looks like the Animal and Beaker plush are sold out. That is a great sign considering we still have two weeks till the movie is released.
Yeah, and this is just Wave 1 of merchandise! I've heard that wave 2 should be out this weekend.. by the 12th.. which makes sense, because that is the day the Muppet event take place.

..Oh, and welcome to MuppetCentral!

Walter

Reaction score
Thanks! Do we have an idea what will be in wave 2?
Well, the only thing I know for sure is The Walter Plush.. I have a feeling that we will see some more shirts and mugs.but nothing is confirmed right now besides that... I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Thanks! Do we have an idea what will be in wave 2?
no official word or what is officially considered wave one, but if i had to guess next wave will come out just before the Christmas rush so many can be made on the movies highest popularity