The Muppets Movie Reviews

Duke Remington

Reaction score
I think the 150 Muppets finale may be referring to the Rainbow Connection number anyway, not the reprise...but we'll see I guess?
No. As the paragraph I quoted stated, it was referring to the big finale number on Hollywood Blvd., not Rainbow Connection.

12Medbe

Reaction score
I was lucky enough to see the movie twice this weekend (more on that later) and I can honestly say that the ending is very, very good. I really enjoy it. The final song is perfect--perfect. It's the most exciting finale a Muppet movie has ever had. It's not as epic as "The Magic Store" or Muppets falling from planes, but it's just so happy and fun. The actual plot ending? It left me satisfied and craving more, as any good ending should do. It gets a little more plot covered in the credits, before "Mahna Mahna," as well. It's a brilliant pay off that I'd been waiting for the entire third act.
Can't wait to see it! So there's a bit of an extra scene in the credits before the celebrity Mahna Mahna then?

bluebomber95

Reaction score
Okay, speaking of tons of Muppets--Am I the only one who noticed Fuzzyface? He's clearly there in the crowd shot with all the Muppets like Big Mean Carl, Rizzo in the lowerr lefthand corner and the like. It's definitely him, right?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Okay, speaking of tons of Muppets--Am I the only one who noticed Fuzzyface? He's clearly there in the crowd shot with all the Muppets like Big Mean Carl, Rizzo in the lowerr lefthand corner and the like. It's definitely him, right?
Where'd you see this?

Oscarfan

Reaction score
It's not; it's a generic monster they've had for awhile.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Somebody said who that Grover-like monster is, but I forget its name. I've heard the monster appears in either Muppets on Wheels or Things That Fly.

12Medbe

Reaction score
Not sure if this was asked yet, but during the start of the Muppet Show intro was Timmy Monster or a 5th Monster present?

and (hopefully not a spoilerish question)

Aside from the track on the CD, During the Muppet Telethon intro did anyone say "Why don't you get things started?" ?

Duke Remington

Reaction score
Or someone could ask him what he knew about the Clifford appearance. He might have just been told about Clifford being there. But somehow I think it might be best to wait until after the movie's official release to ask him. I wonder what the terms are regarding performers and professionals discussing "spoilers" or other things they aren't allowed to discuss until movie releases.

Part of me wonders if maybe Clifford had a scene, with someone else performing and Clash being planned to dub the voice later, and then them being unable to work his schedule and cutting the scene as a result. I hope we can learn the deal soon enough.
Another possibility I just thought of:

Perhaps Clifford's appearance is just a VERY brief blink-and-you'll-miss-it non-speaking cameo and Kevin maybe got to put the puppet on and manipulate him anyway.

The ever-reliable Muppet Wiki lists Kevin as a puppeteer in the new film, so there's always that kind of a possibility.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Not sure if this was asked yet, but during the start of the Muppet Show intro was Timmy Monster or a 5th Monster present?
I saw an article about the movie today (can't remember the website... The link's at the Tough Pigs forum) where an explanation is made regarding the empty arches. They mention that we get to see the backstage wall that we normally didn't on the show, and the fact that some arches are empty reflects that.

I don't know if this is really a "spoiler" but I'll mention something else that was brought up: It was said that some characters just didn't show up in time.