If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
They did say back in 2008 that if the movie is succesful than they will make a TV show, I just hope that show won't be one of those lame Disney channel shows. I'm kinda worried about that.
Secondly if it would be a movie next it would probably be "The Cheapest Muppet Movie Ever Made" since that was the original title and script before "The Muppets"
I hope the Muppets do rise to their former glory and I hope this new Muppet Movie will bring it to that...
So what was the idea for the Cheapest Muppet Movie ever made?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Thanks I'm a bit of a fan... ok a big bit! I actually think it's funny when Mokey has a sock on her nose in A Cave of One's Own. Especially when Gobo comes in and says how funny it was. Oh or how about when Kermit and the gang are preparing to stop Nicky and they are playing to use various practical joke equipment, but they don't have any!
Oh, that scene is so awesome!! And the scene afterwards with Nicky trying to break into the museum and the Muppets trying in less than high tech ways ("Maybe we could jump partway.")
I forget this scene. It was on the second season release, right? It sounds soo funny!

And the plot for TCMMEM? Well, Kermit lets Gonzo make a Muppet Movie, but being the cannon-and-firework aficionado he is, he blows half the budget on the opening credits! So he has to make the rest of the movie really cheap, like when there's a scene involving a car chase around the world, he can't afford to shoot on location or even get different scenery, so he uses the same street corner to represent every street corner in the world ("We're in NY! Now we're in Hong Kong! Now we're in..")

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
Oh, that scene is so awesome!! And the scene afterwards with Nicky trying to break into the museum and the Muppets trying in less than high tech ways ("Maybe we could jump partway.")
I forget this scene. It was on the second season release, right? It sounds soo funny!

And the plot for TCMMEM? Well, Kermit lets Gonzo make a Muppet Movie, but being the cannon-and-firework aficionado he is, he blows half the budget on the opening credits! So he has to make the rest of the movie really cheap, like when there's a scene involving a car chase around the world, he can't afford to shoot on location or even get different scenery, so he uses the same street corner to represent every street corner in the world ("We're in NY! Now we're in Hong Kong! Now we're in..")
Ha ha ha! Yes that episode is on the second Season. How about Fozzie's line "Excuse me , but I don't think that belongs to you". He sounds like he's talking to a naughty child, rather than a dangerous criminal! Ha ha ha!

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
Ha ha ha! Yes that episode is on the second Season. How about Fozzie's line "Excuse me , but I don't think that belongs to you". He sounds like he's talking to a naughty child, rather than a dangerous criminal! Ha ha ha!
That is just the cutest! It sounds like he actually IS the child too, and that's just what he learned to say from his mom...

Dominicboo1

Reaction score
That is just the cutest! It sounds like he actually IS the child too, and that's just what he learned to say from his mom...
I know! How about when Fozzie washes his hands while wearing invisiblity spray in Muppets From Space.
Fozzie-Alright Kermit I'm ready.
Kermit-Fozzie tell me you didn't wash your hands!
Fozzie-Of course I did! Mom said always wash your hands!
Kermit-Yes, but not while wearing invisibility spray!
Fozzie-Mom say no exceptions never ever mmmmm.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Just recently I've been thinking, I'd like the next Muppet movie to have a Muppet narrarator. Like most of us, I want the Muppets to play themselves, but having a narrarator might help avoid confusion if anyone does anything that contradicts the events of past productions (like most past productions do). My first choice would be Walter, I guess he's jump for joy at the opportunity to narrarate a Muppet film (maybe even point out inconsistiencies). Maybe Pepe and Rizzo could also narrarate with him, to make things more humorous.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Just recently I've been thinking, I'd like the next Muppet movie to have a Muppet narrarator. Like most of us, I want the Muppets to play themselves, but having a narrarator might help avoid confusion if anyone does anything that contradicts the events of past productions (like most past productions do). My first choice would be Walter, I guess he's jump for joy at the opportunity to narrarate a Muppet film (maybe even point out inconsistiencies). Maybe Pepe and Rizzo could also narrarate with him, to make things more humorous.
Or Staler and Waldorf!!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Or Staler and Waldorf!!
I thought about that a little, but figured they'd rather heckle the story. Though maybe it would be interesting to see the kind of Muppet movie Statler and Waldorf would want to see made (though the idea sounds better as a comic book story).

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I thought about that a little, but figured they'd rather heckle the story. Though maybe it would be interesting to see the kind of Muppet movie Statler and Waldorf would want to see made (though the idea sounds better as a comic book story).
Yeah they do have to work on those Muppet Show comic books, I didn't like them that much, they should make more and maybe with a diffrent company

Drtooth

Reaction score
They never had a narrator, unless you count Gonzo and Rizzo in MCC... and that was just an excuse to get more Muppets into that movie. I don't think they'd really need one, since all the other films were quite fine without them.

I can't say what I'd like to see next time until I get to see this one opening day... but I want to see something that isn't quite a sequel.