Your Thoughts: The Muppets Original Soundtrack

What is your favorite song from The Muppets soundtrack?

• The Muppet Show Theme - The Muppets

Votes: 3 5.2%
  • Life's a Happy Song - Jason Segel, Amy Adams and Walter

Votes: 16 27.6%
  • Pictures In My Head - Kermit and The Muppets

Votes: 10 17.2%
  • Me and Julio Down By the Schoolyard - Paul Simon

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Moopets

Votes: 1 1.7%
  • We Built This City - Starship

Votes: 2 3.4%
  • Me Party - Amy Adams and Miss Piggy

• Let's Talk about Me - Chris Cooper

• Man or Muppet - Jason Segel and Walter

Votes: 8 13.8%
  • Smells Like Teen Spirit - The Muppet Barbershop Quartet

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Forget You - Camilla and the Chickens

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Rainbow Connection - The Muppets

Votes: 5 8.6%
  • The Whistling Caruso - Andrew Bird

• Life's a Happy Song Finale - Entire Cast

Votes: 4 6.9%
  • Mahna Mahna - Mahna Mahna and The Two Snowths

• Total voters

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
tee hee a song about me

so my 2 cents i just got to listen to the whole thing love camillas forget you may be my fave cover song they have done...Link sounds fantastic in the teen spirit cover and thats hilarious as well

my new fave song is Lifes a Happy song reprise at the end love it

and who would've known hearing Kermit and the gang sing Rainbow Connection i start crying like a baby

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's an official video preview featuring samples from almost all the songs (Paul Simon and Starship are not included). Listening to these samples, most of them sound different from how I expected (yeah, for the most part I didn't have any lyrics to look at). Pictures in my Head sounds the closest to what I imagined (well, at first it did, and then sounded different from how I expected).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A9TeJO8Jx2c

12Medbe

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this yet? I've been doing this all week long, haha.

I've had two YouTube videos open, one is The Muppet Show Season 3 Intro and the other is the Muppet Show Theme preview from the soundtrack, I've been watching the Season 3 Intro (muted) while listening to the soundtrack music just to see how it matches up. *such the geek! lol*

Puckrox

Reaction score
Has anyone tried this yet? I've been doing this all week long, haha.

I've had two YouTube videos open, one is The Muppet Show Season 3 Intro and the other is the Muppet Show Theme preview from the soundtrack, I've been watching the Season 3 Intro (muted) while listening to the soundtrack music just to see how it matches up. *such the geek! lol*
That's neat! How did it turn out when putting them together?

jacobsnchz

Reaction score
Finally listened to it all. It is great!! I am so happy that The Muppets are back on disc, lol. As far as some of the talk about odd-sounding Muppets, I didn't get that at all. This was a very good collection of songs and the dialogue works well as transitions. Reminds me of Broadway cast albums where some of the interstitial dialogue is included. This is a wonderful soundtrack album to go along with the plethora of others Muppet soundtracks that are in existence. Walter sounds awfully familiar... I cannot figure out who, but he sounds like another Muppet (obviously because he is performed by a Muppeteer), but I can't put my finger on it. My only thing is how the (SPOILER) Mahna Mahna fits in with the marriage proposal dialogue. On disc it sounds random (as the Muppets usually are) but in context with the film, it will probably make more sense. And with all of the songs from the Telethon, I love how they all fit together like an episode of The Muppet Show... I love it!! I hope there aren't any songs excised from the soundtrack that are in the film. Even if they are reprises of other classic Muppet songs, I would have liked for them to be included on this soundtrack. I rate this 5/5!!