Host a Muppet Movie Fan Party in Your Town

spikybluegirl

Reaction score
Orlando/WDW Muppet Fans... our gathering will be at the Downtown Disney AMC 24, so be aware that tickets may sell out early and you should get them beforehand! We are seeing the 7:15 show on Thursday (yes, Thanksgiving day) so make your preparations and hope to see you there!

Ruahnna

Reaction score
I guess this is probably pretty obvious, but I'm going to say it anyway. I HOPE I'll meet other MC folks at the showing(s) I go to, but I also hope I'll meet people who might LIKE to be MC folks--if they knew about us! I'm going to have a sign that says, "Ask me about MuppetCentral.com" and advertise our great place here! Let's take this "Muppet Domination" stuff SERIOUSLY! LOL!

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
In order for each of the party groups to organize, plan and discuss their own get-togethers, we've begun rolling out the following discussions.

Check out all the planned Muppet get-togethers so far...
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/forums/events/

Want to host a Muppet party of your own to coincide with the screening of the new movie? Sign up here so that your town is represented. Your party will be promoted on our forum, mailing list, the main MC site, Twitter and Facebook.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Hey everybody! So many fun parties, wish I could go to them all!

All completed submissions thus far have been posted under the events folder as Phillip linked above. So if you submitted a Muppet Fan Party form and you have not heard from me, please let me know.

And if you are just thinking about hosting I've got three words for you: Just do it! Don't wait for someone else to start one. And you just never know who you might meet!

Voiceroy

Reaction score
Viceroy,

We are going Wednesday the 23. I know some people can't make it because it's the night before Thanksgiving but everyone in my group is chomping at the bit to see it. A buddy of mine told me, "I never get excited for movies but I can't wait for this one". So this should be proof that even people who are not die-hard-super fans like us are excited.

To answer your question we are mostly from the Smyrna area but the theatre we are going to is AMC Parkway Pointe 15 which technically has a Atlanta address. It's up the road from Cumberland Mall and The Galleria, if that helps.

Later
Thanks for letting me know. Our group had a general consensus that we didn't want to deal with crowds on opening night, plus Saturday AM was a better fit with everyone's schedule.

Also, my nickname is Voiceroy. Sorry to be a nitpicker. It is a pun on "viceroy" though.

Voiceroy

Reaction score
In order for each of the party groups to organize, plan and discuss their own get-togethers, we've begun rolling out the following discussions.

Check out all the planned Muppet get-togethers so far...
http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/forums/events/

Want to host a Muppet party of your own to coincide with the screening of the new movie? Sign up here so that your town is represented. Your party will be promoted on our forum, mailing list, the main MC site, Twitter and Facebook.
I'm going to decline adding the meetup I'm hosting to that list. Sorry if that seems rude, but our event was planned as invitation-only for a specific meetup group and if others just show up that we haven't had prior contact with it could lead to an awkward situation. And I certainly don't want to deal with any fallout involving a fellow Muppet fan.

However, if there are any from the Atlanta area that would like to join us, they are welcome to send me a PM through the forum and I'll make sure they have the details in advance. But they need to do so before Saturday, 11/26.

beeker101

Reaction score
Soo excited to see the movie tomorrow..just got back from WDW recently..saw Muppets 3D for the 1000 time..still hilarious, still wish I could be Sweet-Ums for a day when he comes out into the audience, that's gotta be a great gig!...I still wish WDW would put a WhatNot Workshop in Hollywood Studios at the muppet shop!!