1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Host a Muppet Movie Fan Party in Your Town

Discussion in 'Events' started by Phillip, Nov 18, 2011.

1. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

I'll be seeing it on Wednesday the 23rd at the AMC Phipps Plaza 15 (diagonally across from Lenox Square) in Atlanta, GA. I've already got my ticket to the 10:45 matinee. I'll be the skinny, bespectacled blonde all in denim and a Muppet shirt. If ya tell me you're a Muppet Central member I'll draw ya something. [​IMG]
  2. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------------
    Bought my ticket for the 12.01 showing the night of Tues the 22nd at Loews AMC Foothills in Tucson. Any other AZ fans welcome to hang out...assuming any of you WANT to be seen socializing with Newsie! :news:
    --------------------
  3. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I'd love to, I'll see if I'm in the area that week
  4. RainbowConnectd

RainbowConnectd New Member

Oooh i want to do one too!
    Any Australian fans here!!???
    We can have the party on the same night as it goes to the screen in the USA, or we wait until Jan 1st.
    BTW, January 1st is a horrendous date to release a Muppet movie! Families go on holidays, parents are hung over, ill be stranded at the beach!

Either way ill be driving the 75kms to Melbournes biggest cinema and waiting at the door. With my Kermit shoes, Animal belt buckle, Mooppets T-shirt and an array of badges... and tissues because this will no doubt bring me to tears :)
  5. mupcollector1

mupcollector1 Well-Known Member

I'm hosting one in Warwick RI. Anyone here from RI?
  6. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

I'm hosting one in Kingsport Tn and there will be an after party!
  7. Muppetfan44

Muppetfan44 Active Member

I'm hosting one at the Tuesday midnight showing at the AMC Hoffman 22 in Alexandria, VA.

Let me know if you'll be there so we can meet up- Let's all wear our favorite muppet stuff so we can spot each other!

My first name is Arianne- I hope other people from here come out, it would be so nice to meet some of you!
  8. dwayne1115

dwayne1115 Well-Known Member

this is going to be so fun! I'm really hoping to meet some Muppet fans and have some fun!
  9. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Hey, cool. I'm an official host. Once again: Atlanta, Georgia. Wednesday the 23rd at the AMC Phipps Plaza 15 (diagonally across from Lenox Square), 10:45 matinee.Be there or be a rectangular thynge!
  10. JojoFawn

JojoFawn New Member

Key West Muppets...Unite!

Come in costume, bring your Muppets, puppets and people, too! I'll be there with my Key Deer, Fawna. Possible cupcakes with a reasonable head count in the parking lot post-show. Come enjoy Muppety goodness in the warmth of Key West!
    10 pm show! Be there or get Statler'd and and Waldorf'd! :sleep::boo:
    :) Regal Cinema Key West 6

3338 North Roosevelt Blvd.
    Key West, FL 33040
  11. spikybluegirl

spikybluegirl New Member

Orlando/WDW Muppet Fans... our gathering will be at the Downtown Disney AMC 24, so be aware that tickets may sell out early and you should get them beforehand! We are seeing the 7:15 show on Thursday (yes, Thanksgiving day) so make your preparations and hope to see you there!
    Muppet fan 123 likes this.
  12. Traceym1991

Traceym1991 New Member

Hi-
    I'm planning to see a 12:01am screening at the AMC Block in Orange. I would love to have some Muppet Fan Company!
  13. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

Any Michigan fans? hahaha :)
  14. Ruahnna

Ruahnna Well-Known Member

I guess this is probably pretty obvious, but I'm going to say it anyway. I HOPE I'll meet other MC folks at the showing(s) I go to, but I also hope I'll meet people who might LIKE to be MC folks--if they knew about us! I'm going to have a sign that says, "Ask me about MuppetCentral.com" and advertise our great place here! Let's take this "Muppet Domination" stuff SERIOUSLY! LOL!
    Muppetfan44 likes this.
  15. GrueJ

GrueJ New Member

Are you buying tix in advance?
  16. Phillip

Phillip Administrator Staff Member

In order for each of the party groups to organize, plan and discuss their own get-togethers, we've begun rolling out the following discussions.

Check out all the planned Muppet get-togethers so far...
    http://www.muppetcentral.com/forum/forums/events/

Want to host a Muppet party of your own to coincide with the screening of the new movie? Sign up here so that your town is represented. Your party will be promoted on our forum, mailing list, the main MC site, Twitter and Facebook.
  17. Cindy

Cindy Moderator Staff Member

Hey everybody! So many fun parties, wish I could go to them all!

All completed submissions thus far have been posted under the events folder as Phillip linked above. So if you submitted a Muppet Fan Party form and you have not heard from me, please let me know.

And if you are just thinking about hosting I've got three words for you: Just do it! Don't wait for someone else to start one. And you just never know who you might meet!
  18. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

Thanks for letting me know. Our group had a general consensus that we didn't want to deal with crowds on opening night, plus Saturday AM was a better fit with everyone's schedule.

Also, my nickname is Voiceroy. Sorry to be a nitpicker. It is a pun on "viceroy" though.
  19. Voiceroy

Voiceroy Member

I'm going to decline adding the meetup I'm hosting to that list. Sorry if that seems rude, but our event was planned as invitation-only for a specific meetup group and if others just show up that we haven't had prior contact with it could lead to an awkward situation. And I certainly don't want to deal with any fallout involving a fellow Muppet fan.

However, if there are any from the Atlanta area that would like to join us, they are welcome to send me a PM through the forum and I'll make sure they have the details in advance. But they need to do so before Saturday, 11/26.
  20. beeker101

beeker101 New Member

Soo excited to see the movie tomorrow..just got back from WDW recently..saw Muppets 3D for the 1000 time..still hilarious, still wish I could be Sweet-Ums for a day when he comes out into the audience, that's gotta be a great gig!...I still wish WDW would put a WhatNot Workshop in Hollywood Studios at the muppet shop!!