"The Muppets": Audience Reactions

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Besides the movie itself, one of the greatest side effects of the film is hearing other people get excited about the Muppets whether it's in the theater, friends and family or even strangers. The Muppet enthusiasm really feels like 1979 again.

Tell us your stories. How did people around you respond to "The Muppets" before, during and after the movie?

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
while at the theater the day i had Kermit i saw a ton of people that said how much they loved the new movie...but the best comment i heard was the complains of half the Twilight crowds saying they shouldve gone seen muppets instead and the kids demanding parents to take them to the Muppets

Puckrox

Reaction score
All three times I've gone the audience has reacted generally great. Third time was the best. The theater was almost completely full and everyone was just so invested in the movie. Not to mention the little kid who, when Sweetums started chasing the car, yelled "THAT'S FROM THE FIRST MOVIE."

Slackbot

Reaction score
I attended two matinees, both of which were 90% parents with under-age-10 kids. With that many larvae in the audience you normally get a lot of high-pitched chatter, but I heard none at all; everyone was watching the movie. I heard laughter from the kids and adults, sometimes at different things, sometimes at the same. In the second viewing there was one kid who looked to be two or three years old who couldn't stop chattering, but she was asking questions about the movie nonstop. She was sure that Walter was Gary and Mary's son.

What I got from this is that the movie was sucking the kids in, which is a very good thing, I'd say. I'm hoping to see a later-in-the-day showing with a larger crowd, but as I take public transportation and it gets dark and cold earlier in Atlanta, I'm not too sure I'll be able to.

Drtooth

Reaction score
As I said before... Grown woman yelling "GO HOME! GO HOME!" ala Animal at the end of the first film and people singing Mahna Mahna in the lobby! That's REACTION!

but the best comment i heard was the complains of half the Twilight crowds saying they shouldve gone seen muppets instead
Their loss! After all, you wanna leave a movie feeling happy... not... uh... however the heck miserable one would feel after watching Twilight.

Yeeech!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
but the best comment i heard was the complains of half the Twilight crowds saying they shouldve gone seen muppets instead
Seriously? WOW. Lol, that's awesome. No matter what I end up thinking of this Muppet movie, I'll be happy that it's supplanting Twilight even in a small way, lol.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Seriously? WOW. Lol, that's awesome. No matter what I end up thinking of this Muppet movie, I'll be happy that it's supplanting Twilight even in a small way, lol.
well that same night i heard 2 guys begging there girlfriends to go see Muppets instead of twilight so they could all enjoy it....after they left my friends and i burst out laughing at there amazing comments

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
well that same night i heard 2 guys begging there girlfriends to go see Muppets instead of twilight so they could all enjoy it....after they left my friends and i burst out laughing at there amazing comments
Lol, well yeah Twilight is the quintessential "Drag your boyfriend to see it" film. :wink:

Oscarfan

Reaction score
All my friends (and some teachers) have said nothing but good things about it, except one friend who had a few little nitpicks (which were understandable ones).

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
I have seen it twice so far. The first was a late show on Wednesday, so it was pretty much just adults in the theatre. It was a small crowd, but a fun one, I think a lot of the group were pretty big fans. Every person stayed until the very last credit was done and we all applauded and someone said "aw, is that it? I wish there was more!"

The 2nd time I went was a matinee and there were definitely more kids in the theatre - but I have to say - you really couldn't tell, so I think that says they were definitely into it, which is awesome. And it was a packed theatre and there were still quite a few people who stayed through the credits. And again, more applause!