"The Muppets": Audience Reactions

Alvin

Reaction score
I'm not sure if they were excited about my puppets sitting in the seats or the movie! Parents and kids were smiling, laughing and having a good time. I think I even heard some singing on "The Rainbow Connection" and "Mah-Na Mah-Na" It was alot of fun and I plan to go again and take more puppets...which seems to be the going trend......lol

Joe Marshall

Reaction score
This movie was awesome. I went to this movie expecting something great and it really was. During the movie I found myself singing to the songs I knew and swaying my head side to side during "Rainbow Connection." It definateley left me thinking of a much simpler time days after the movie. If I could afford the movie prices I would go see it again. And yes I got a little teary eyed during the end, but what can I say? This movie really brought me back. This movie is better than any movie that came out this year.

beaker

Reaction score
This movie was awesome. I went to this movie expecting something great and it really was. During the movie I found myself singing to the songs I knew and swaying my head side to side during "Rainbow Connection." It definateley left me thinking of a much simpler time days after the movie. If I could afford the movie prices I would go see it again. And yes I got a little teary eyed during the end, but what can I say? This movie really brought me back. This movie is better than any movie that came out this year.
Virtually all theaters here in Northern California(least cineplex ones) are $5 on Tuesday all day and all first showings every day...so there might be a deal like that where you are. Im kind of poor, so I can't really afford to keep paying $11 a pop like I have been doing. But I'll gladly see it for $5 and then a bunch once it hits the $3 theater near me

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Sometimes it's fun, like if there's a cheap discount theater near you(I used to have a dollar movie theater near me til 2001) to go to a showing with hardly anyone and make fun of a bad movie with friends. But in todays economy, with movies running $11(way more than that if you include paying for a girl's way, gas, food, dinner, etc) Im not sure I get the point of seeing films you know will be bad. Ive tho, made the msitake of seeing movies I thought would be better...I felt tortured sitting through Thor, Pirates 4, etc.
I have a place near me that cost only 5 dollars and it's really not a bad place. I don't really know why more people don't go to this place. Anyway it's about two blocks down and I already saw the Muppets twice there. It was basically a private theater for me.

Joe Marshall

Reaction score
Virtually all theaters here in Northern California(least cineplex ones) are $5 on Tuesday all day and all first showings every day...so there might be a deal like that where you are. Im kind of poor, so I can't really afford to keep paying $11 a pop like I have been doing. But I'll gladly see it for $5 and then a bunch once it hits the $3 theater near me
I just can't wait until they put it out on blu ray. I will be watching it allot! :smile:

beaker

Reaction score
I have a place near me that cost only 5 dollars and it's really not a bad place. I don't really know why more people don't go to this place. Anyway it's about two blocks down and I already saw the Muppets twice there. It was basically a private theater for me.
A few blocks from me they built this massive state of the art all digital cineplex, and even they have the $5 Tuesday deal/first showing any day deal. It was UA/Regal that started that, then AMC, Lowes, and now Cinemark/Century does it near me.

But we also have a second run theater(the "cheap" theater) where they get films that have been out awhile, and thats only $3. Used to be $1 a decade ago.

Therecanbonly1

Reaction score
I absolutely LOVED it. My kids (9,5 and 3) have been raised on Muppets and my 5 year old has been asking when he could see it since I first told him about it last year. My 3 yr old was mesmerized...now he walks around saying "In Control!"

My only other thought on the movie was that besides not having anything after the credits; when Piggy and Kermit are going out to eat, I was anxiously awaiting Steve Martin to be their waiter...

dwmckim

Reaction score
If there's one tiny bugaboo I have with the film is that it needed something fun right after the credits. I'm sure the audience would have responded well to that.
I would have liked that too. But it's pretty much a given these days that when the credits switch to black and white with nothing else on the screen, that's a "sign" to the audience that "Show's over - nothing left to see" I would have prefered Mahna Mahna to play behind the credits instead of generic black screen til the end.

Ozymandias

Reaction score
When my mother and I went, there were a few other adults in the movie, and no kids. Hey, what do you expect on a Monday night? The reaction overall was quite positive, and Mom and I left the theater feeling very, very happy and uplifted. :smile: