1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"The Muppets": Audience Reactions

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

When i went to see MFS the second time, I remember clear as a bell there were kids freaking out over how loud the movie was and how big the movie was and they just screamed until the movie actually started.

Thankfully the kids that wend to this movie when I saw it (things came up and I couldn't see it again yet) were older and quieter.
  2. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

You're lucky. Our theater had these 8 year olds that literally walked around the theater isles (and in and out of the theater) for the ENTIRE movie! I mean seriously, that's how kids get kidnapped in public places.

Someone in the audience was actually motivated to say, "Can someone at least pretend to parent?!" Lol, right on!

People wonder why no one goes to the movies anymore. It's because you have to go with OTHER PEOPLE! :shifty:
  3. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

one of the last times i saw it...there was a kid who as Fozzie walked out of the theater kept making the fart noise till the end of the movie....it was quite annoying and if i hadnt already seen it, i wouldve been a tad upset
  4. heralde

Yeah I mean I really don't want to blame the kids because they don't know any better. It's the parents who need to take some responsibility. They're not the only ones in the audience and it's unfair for their kid to ruin it for everyone else. Especially when it's so expensive to go to the movies.

In my very first movie, I'm told I cried in the theater and had to be taken out. Which is what you're SUPPOSED to do, lol.
    Muppet fan 123 and Frogpuppeteer like this.
  5. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

I just saw the movie for the fourth time, and the friend I went with had the absolute best reaction of everyone I've gone with so far! I know she's seen Muppet movies in the past, but she's not a huge Muppet fanatic or anything. But she cracked up at all the right places and had this huge grin on her face throughout the "Forget You" scene. Seeing The Muppets with someone who is equally as invested in it as you is such a delight!
  6. goldenstate5

goldenstate5 Active Member

When I was three my grandparents took me to see Snow White in the theaters, I couldn't handle it and starting screaming. Guess what they did? Took me out of the theater.

When I have kids, I'll instruct them that on proper theater behavior and take them when they're old enough, four or five seems fine.
    heralde likes this.
  7. RH7X9

RH7X9 New Member

The Audience at my theater loved it! We were all laughing,
  8. DannyRWW

DannyRWW Well-Known Member

All this talk about misbehaving children... My daughters who are 2 and 5 were glued to the screen both times they saw it. The Muppets are just so magical to them (even though because of what I do as part of my job they are well aware of how a puppet works). The day I took my puppet team to see the movie most of them behaved too. I did have one seventh grader that sat behind me and leaned over and kept making coments about the movie which was a tad annoying. I'm finding a lot of kids do like it. Being a teacher I have heard a lot of the students at my school go on aout how great the movie was. Of course being the "Puppet Guy" everyone wants to talk to me about Muppets. I put the soundtack on during the last meeting of our chess club and the kids all seemed to know it too. I think children are finding and enjoying this movie... I just think there is a small more vocal gorup that would prefer to see "Punch Teacher" and be disruptive while watching the Muppets.
  9. heralde

Good point, let's not stereotype all the children, hehe.
  10. Drtooth

That happened to me in Bolt... the thing about the kids freaking out about the movie's loudness in MFS... I don't want to paint any broad strokes, but I would imagine that those kids might just have had some developmental disabilities or something. So I can't really say they were acting out, I'd just assume that there were problems the parents couldn't really deal with... unlike what happened in Bolt.
  11. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

There are theaters that have "sensory friendly" showings, where the lights are up, the sound is down, and people are free to walk around, talk, and whatever else during the show. A friend of mine who has two autistic children told me about these, which are geared toward children and adults with developmental disabilities. In fact, the next sensory-friendly show at the local AMC is The Muppets.
    Cindy likes this.
  12. heralde

That's not a bad idea. I definitely get it when people have special needs and I wish more places could be accommodating like that.
  13. Slackbot

Slackbot Well-Known Member

Cindy likes this.
  14. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

That sounds like a nightmare type of showing for me:) I dont get why the Muppets wouldnt completely entrance kids of all ages and all walks of life. From what I know anything from the mind of Jim Henson has a really good effect on children with challenges.

At one showing I was at, the entire first few rows was all challenged kids and adults from a field trip, and they all loved it.
  15. Drtooth

Once the film started, those kids were quiet and very happy. If they didn't have developmental disabilities, then they must've never been in a theater before. The loudness and the crowds may just have scared the heck out of the little kids. This is MFS we're talking about and back when this theater was a second run... so we're talking 1999 at a cheap theater.
  16. Beauregard

Beauregard Well-Known Member

So, today, at work (in England) I was talking about robots with a colleague when she suddenly went, "80ss Roobot" in his voice. And then I laughed and she said she had seen it on the Simpsons, and I said, "Are you sure?" and then she suddenly realized that it was from The Muppets, and had to admit to me that she'd seen it online already. As much as that annoyed me, I *loved* having a friend spontaneously quote a Muppet movie!!!
    MuppetGuy75 and Puckrox like this.
  17. AndyWan Kenobi

AndyWan Kenobi Active Member

I went and saw it for a second time yesterday. Small crowd, but they really enjoyed it (as did I). The best reaction was from the kid right behind me. Maybe three or four years old. He laughed at EVERYTHING! Even the sentimental stuff. He just seemed delighted that Muppets existed! The biggest laugh was reserved for the singing food during "Me Party." Especially the singing chocolate cake. It's funny--to me, talking and singing food is just something I expect. I've had enough exposure to the Muppets that it doesn't surprise me. But a singing chocolate cake was the greatest thing this kid had ever seen, which is as it should be. Thanks, Muppets!
    MuppetGuy75 and Cindy like this.
  18. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

The second time I saw the movie, I went to this really terrible theater that my dad loves going to. I went to go see Rango there months ago and had the single worst movie experience I've ever had. It seems in that town little kids have a really hard time sitting through a movie. Rango I had to deal with kids crying from the second the movie started, kids getting up to use the bathroom non-stop the entire movie, then they actually turned the sound completely off near the end because parents were complaining it was too loud. They were a lot more well-behaved during The Muppets, but not by much. Not too much crying, more due to the fact that the average movie theater there is about the size of half a classroom, every time someone leaves the theater, they block your view of the screen. But people were getting up constantly during the whole movie. There was one girl who had to be about 11 or 12 who was probably only in the theater for less than half of the movie because she kept getting up and leaving to go god knows where. There was a kid who kept dancing in the aisle for the first half of the movie and that was really annoying. The only good thing was that they had a 35mm film print of the movie rather than a digital projection. Otherwise, I'm convinced now I'm never going back to that theater again, even if it's for a movie I already saw.
  19. Drtooth

In the film's defense, Rango isn't something I'd take young children to see. If there was a PG 7+up rating, Rango would need one. Luckily when I saw it, the kids were all a bit older... I remember kids crying during the scary parts of Toy Story 3 (but for the record, the movie didn't market itself to having parallels to human trafficking and white slavery)... Bolt was the worst, and you know my Bolt story. Worst of all, I was recovering from a cough that NEVER left my body when the cold did, and I had to hold in laughter as hard as I could or else I'd be in a 10 minute coughing jag.
  20. BobThePizzaBoy

BobThePizzaBoy Well-Known Member

That's exactly my point! People shouldn't be bringing their younger kids to see Rango when everyone was saying they shouldn't! I was probably the only person in that theater who didn't have a kid over the age of 7. It was craziness, I'll tell you that. The parents didn't even try to do anything to calm their kids down.