"The Muppets": Audience Reactions

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just saw the Muppet Studio's Youtube account uploaded a promo saying how it's the #1 comedy and one of the best reviewed movies of the year, and the comments were pretty positive to the point half of them were bashing Twilight for coming in before it.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
When I was at the library today, I saw that among the items on the shelf of items ordered from other libraries in the county was the Muppet Show Season 2 DVD. Clearly, someone wants to see more thanks to the movie. :super:

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
I just saw the Muppet Studio's Youtube account uploaded a promo saying how it's the #1 comedy and one of the best reviewed movies of the year, and the comments were pretty positive to the point half of them were bashing Twilight for coming in before it.
i just on tv that add saying it was "#1 comedy in america" :crazy:

Candy

Reaction score
the overall movie.... not the best, I liked some of the songs, I laughed @ the muppet or man song, :big_grin:. There was some things that were funny, but other than that, I hated the fact that the muppets played secondary to the humans, I liked it better when the movie is based on the muppets themselves, and the humans help. If u've seen the first 3 they did a great job! and they took their time, now that's what I liked about the old movies. This new one, I've seen licence plates better in car chase movies than I was able to see this movie :mad:.
I seen almost all the trailers, I expected to have this a longer movie, if u really look @ this movie, it wasn't all there, the book gave better explanation. The book, revealed why the villian couldn't laugh, revealed why kermit and piggy broke up, etc. Another example: the trailers, like why were the muppets in jail? how did they get there? and if u remember the scene where Gary, Mary, and Walter get off the bus? it looks like they cut from that, to the muppet shop, also from one of the trailers or spoofs we see the three characters in sunglasses, walking around in area.

I think Frank Oz would be able to direct this movie better, b/c he's had expirence w/the muppets, either him or Brian Henson, I liked his other 2 movies: muppet treasure island, and the muppet christmas carol, I hope one of those 2 continue on w/the muppets. I'm just giving my opinion, sorry for it being so long.

beaker

Reaction score
the overall movie.... not the best, I liked some of the songs, I laughed @ the muppet or man song, :big_grin:. There was some things that were funny, but other than that, I hated the fact that the muppets played secondary to the humans, I liked it better when the movie is based on the muppets themselves, and the humans help. If u've seen the first 3 they did a great job! and they took their time, now that's what I liked about the old movies. This new one, I've seen licence plates better in car chase movies than I was able to see this movie :mad:.
I seen almost all the trailers, I expected to have this a longer movie, if u really look @ this movie, it wasn't all there, the book gave better explanation. The book, revealed why the villian couldn't laugh, revealed why kermit and piggy broke up, etc. Another example: the trailers, like why were the muppets in jail? how did they get there? and if u remember the scene where Gary, Mary, and Walter get off the bus? it looks like they cut from that, to the muppet shop, also from one of the trailers or spoofs we see the three characters in sunglasses, walking around in area.

I think Frank Oz would be able to direct this movie better, b/c he's had expirence w/the muppets, either him or Brian Henson, I liked his other 2 movies: muppet treasure island, and the muppet christmas carol, I hope one of those 2 continue on w/the muppets. I'm just giving my opinion, sorry for it being so long.
I agree. And yeah I was hoping for that jail scene, it was so funny. I felt the film, while hitting a lot of notes a contemporary audience would love as well as genuine moments of real emotion...was kind of a strange egg omlette of random ideas that didn't always work. It was attention deficit city...and I dislike how films, particularly family/children's films now have to play into that. There were so many edits and then random things thrown in without explanation...I dont know if we're suppose to take the film seriously. I mean Muppets From Space was treated with more of a coherency I felt.

GoboDeadly95

Reaction score
I really loved it. I wasn't sure if it was going to compare with the orginals. However, I absolutely loved Uncle Deadly. [See user name] and how he shoved Tex off the building in a feat of epic awesomeness. Not to mention I'm a huge fan of creepy British accents and capes. I loves capes.
Other favorite parts. . . my little brother LOVED the fart shoes. He says he wants some. [In other words I'll never get sleep] He loved the movie as well. He's the perfect age for it.
Over all the kids in the theater thought it was good. They were all smiling.
I just loved the hope that seemed to be resignating from the theater and audience :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
There was somebody in the front of the theater when I went tonight who yelled "WALTER'S A STUD!" at the top of their lungs during one of the opening scenes, which I thought was truly bizarre. But the best reaction came as me and my friends were getting ready to leave as the "Mahna Mahna" credits rolled. One of my friends told me "I don't get this Mahna Mahna thing. What's it from?", and before I could react in mock-jest (he's not really a big Muppet fan, so I was going to give him a pass), an older woman in front of us turned around and yelled "WHAT?" at him. Classic.

Slackbot

Reaction score
I saw it a third time, this time at the Movie Tavern, which gets a more adult audience. There was a lot of laughter this time around, which pleased me. There was one little girl, I'd guess about 5 years old, who kept getting freaked out and wanting to leave whenever Tex Richman started doing his thing. She was OK again when the movie went back to Muppetness. This stuck out in my mind because the last showing I went to, there was a little kid who kept getting very vocally upset at the same things.