"The Muppets": Audience Reactions

BorkWockaMeep

Reaction score
Oh my goodness! I just went to see the movie last night, and it was amazing! It brought back all the lovely feelings that the muppets usually inspire in me. It was cute, emotional and best of all, it had the same quirky humor that the first movies and the show had. The muppets are alive and kickin' everyone!

beaker

Reaction score
That's... oh my goodness, I can't even begin to express how much I want that someday. I sincerely hope Muppet movies are still coming out when I'm married (in the far off distant future), so then we can spend anniversaries/quality time together going to see Muppet movies. :smile:
Hey I am still hoping they are making muppet movies by the time i get a girlfriend or date! Totally jelly(in a good way!) of all the nerd dudes I saw at the theater with their girlfriends.

I am so so so glad this movie is connecting with little ones. I think because the landscape has been overly saturated with the same old cgi/cgi over live action duds, seeing real life tangible characters so colorful and quirky and with their own personalities...no cgi film out there(cept maybe a couple Pixars) can come even close

But when little ones are connecting with this new film, and its not just the older nostalgic crowd, you know you have a winner! I dream of someday taking kids to see one of these things as I got to when I was little

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I am so so so glad this movie is connecting with little ones. I think because the landscape has been overly saturated with the same old cgi/cgi over live action duds, seeing real life tangible characters so colorful and quirky and with their own personalities...no cgi film out there(cept maybe a couple Pixars) can come even close
Plus it goes to show that you can't predict audience's reactions and just assume "Kids only like CGI." :wink:

PoyzunIvy

Reaction score
As of today, I've gone to see the Muppet movie twice (so far): once on opening day and once this past weekend. For opening day, I went with my parents - after all, I blame them for my Muppet obsession. Between hearing my father laughing at the silly jokes and my mother getting teary-eyed, remembering how she would sing a much younger me to sleep with "Rainbow Connection"... I think it was just the nostalgia we needed to start off the Christmas season. For the weekend matinee, however, I took a few friends instead... we enjoyed ourselves immensely and while one of the highlights was having them there, it was actually a random audience member I couldn't even see that made the show for me... when they were showing clips of the old Muppet Show near the beginning of the film, just randomly I heard a little boy start to laugh hysterically at Bunsen and Beaker. I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I just kept thinking "They've still got it!"

ploobis

Reaction score
I was at Best Buy today and when I went over to the shelf with TMS box sets and other Muppet movie DVDs (with the free tickets to The Muppets) there were very little copies of the DVDs left! There were only two copies of TMM and TGMC left and they were all out of TMS season one! and in the Christmas movie section there was only one copy of TMCC left! "The Muppets" must be doing very well! :smile: :wink: :big_grin:

12Medbe

Reaction score
I was at Best Buy today and when I went over to the shelf with TMS box sets and other Muppet movie DVDs (with the free tickets to The Muppets) there were very little copies of the DVDs left! There were only two copies of TMM and TGMC left and they were all out of TMS season one! and in the Christmas movie section there was only one copy of TMCC left! "The Muppets" must be doing very well! :smile: :wink: :big_grin:
Yes! During my trip to F.Y.E last night, I took a look over to the DVD section, and in the Muppets section there was just one DVD left in the section, a copy of MFS, all I could say was wow, an employee peered over and said "Yeah! Those have been selling like crazy lately! In fact, we just had to order more!"

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Yes! During my trip to F.Y.E last night, I took a look over to the DVD section, and in the Muppets section there was just one DVD left in the section, a copy of MFS, all I could say was wow, an employee peered over and said "Yeah! Those have been selling like crazy lately! In fact, we just had to order more!"
It's comforting to know that MFS was the one left on the shelve, lol.

Drtooth

Reaction score
MFS works better on DVD anyway... though I'd be shocked if any of the MOz things sold... but it's great to see these older movies all take off like that after the movie. As I said, the new stuff helps youngsters get back into the old stuff.

dvbtucson

Reaction score
I went on Thankgiving night in Davenport, IA with my 2 1/2 year old niece and rest of family (adults) - it was her 2nd movie ever and she isn't really familiar with the Muppets yet (beyond Sesame) and she LOVED it. She kept asking questions throughout and made it through the whole 2 hour 15 min experience (with ads, previews, etc) without getting restless at all. She is in a stage of asking "what happened to..." about everything and my favorites from the evening that stick in my head are "what happened to Kermit?" and "what happened to Mr. Black?" She also got very concerned about Gonzo's hand stuck in the bowling ball. She also loved all of the songs and danced along to them.

The theater was almost full and I'd say mostly adults for a 7 pm show. My brother-in-law who is not a big Muppet fan liked the movie a lot. There was a long line of people that seemed to include more kids waiting to get into the next show when we left.

I wasn't sure about the use of all of the pop songs until about halfway through the movie and I realized that it was very similar to the use of pop songs in the Muppet Show. We all agreed that the new songs weren't close to Paul Williams caliber, but we all really liked the the "Life's a Happy Song" the best (has been stuck in my head off & on all week.