1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

"The Muppets": Audience Reactions

Discussion in 'Muppet Headlines' started by Phillip, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Alvin

Alvin Active Member

I'm not sure if they were excited about my puppets sitting in the seats or the movie! Parents and kids were smiling, laughing and having a good time. I think I even heard some singing on "The Rainbow Connection" and "Mah-Na Mah-Na" It was alot of fun and I plan to go again and take more puppets...which seems to be the going trend......lol
  2. Joe Marshall

Joe Marshall New Member

This movie was awesome. I went to this movie expecting something great and it really was. During the movie I found myself singing to the songs I knew and swaying my head side to side during "Rainbow Connection." It definateley left me thinking of a much simpler time days after the movie. If I could afford the movie prices I would go see it again. And yes I got a little teary eyed during the end, but what can I say? This movie really brought me back. This movie is better than any movie that came out this year.
  3. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

Virtually all theaters here in Northern California(least cineplex ones) are $5 on Tuesday all day and all first showings every day...so there might be a deal like that where you are. Im kind of poor, so I can't really afford to keep paying $11 a pop like I have been doing. But I'll gladly see it for $5 and then a bunch once it hits the $3 theater near me
  4. Muppet fan 123

Muppet fan 123 Well-Known Member

I have a place near me that cost only 5 dollars and it's really not a bad place. I don't really know why more people don't go to this place. Anyway it's about two blocks down and I already saw the Muppets twice there. It was basically a private theater for me.
  5. Joe Marshall

Joe Marshall New Member

I just can't wait until they put it out on blu ray. I will be watching it allot! :)
  6. beaker

beaker Well-Known Member

A few blocks from me they built this massive state of the art all digital cineplex, and even they have the $5 Tuesday deal/first showing any day deal. It was UA/Regal that started that, then AMC, Lowes, and now Cinemark/Century does it near me.

But we also have a second run theater(the "cheap" theater) where they get films that have been out awhile, and thats only $3. Used to be $1 a decade ago.
  7. Frogpuppeteer

Frogpuppeteer Well-Known Member

most near me do the bargin tuesday at 4.50
  8. I absolutely LOVED it. My kids (9,5 and 3) have been raised on Muppets and my 5 year old has been asking when he could see it since I first told him about it last year. My 3 yr old was mesmerized...now he walks around saying "In Control!"

My only other thought on the movie was that besides not having anything after the credits; when Piggy and Kermit are going out to eat, I was anxiously awaiting Steve Martin to be their waiter...
  9. dwmckim

dwmckim Well-Known Member

I would have liked that too. But it's pretty much a given these days that when the credits switch to black and white with nothing else on the screen, that's a "sign" to the audience that "Show's over - nothing left to see" I would have prefered Mahna Mahna to play behind the credits instead of generic black screen til the end.
  10. Ozymandias

Ozymandias Well-Known Member

When my mother and I went, there were a few other adults in the movie, and no kids. Hey, what do you expect on a Monday night? The reaction overall was quite positive, and Mom and I left the theater feeling very, very happy and uplifted. :)
  11. LeanneFuller

LeanneFuller Active Member

I actually hate Twilight. I didn't think the books were well written and the first film was so dull I walked out of the cinema. Bring on February, I don't understand why we have to wait for the Muppets and have to contend with Breaking Dawn.
    heralde likes this.
  12. Greg Bevier

Greg Bevier New Member

Well, my wife, who doesn't like the Muppets at all really liked the movie and I, a lifetime Muppet fan only sort of liked it. I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not.

I wasn't as touched or excited by it as most people. I thought the first section was really good, but I thought they had too many subplots going that slowed the movie down in the middle. (The Amy Adams character seems a bit pointless and that "Party For One" song was awful. The problem for me was that I didn't connect to the Muppets dilemma because they weren't really the main characters. It was more "Jason Segel featuring The Muppets." The story seems really more about Walter with the Muppets as a supporting cast.

Having said that, I *do* like the movie. It is certainly better than just about everything they've done since Jim Henson died and I laughed like crazy more than a handful of times. However, I just didn't find it as "touching" as most people did. I'm also not a big person for entertainers/sports figures hanging on too long. I always sort of felt the Muppets hit their prime in the late 70's to the mid-80's and since "Muppet Christmas Carol" have sort of been floundering. The spirit that Henson and Frank Oz brought to the characters isn't really there for me anymore.

I know I sound like an old grump, but I guess I'm in the minority.
    Muppet fan 123 and heralde like this.
  13. KG Ensey

KG Ensey New Member

Longtime Muppet fans, my husband & I viewed the new Muppets movie here in Austin TX at one of the Highland Galaxy theatres. As the end credits began to roll, one of the theatre ushers at the bottom of the stairs began speaking loudly which we initially thought were instructions to follow as we exited. However, it was instead an exuberant outburst by the usher about how "Mah Nà Mah Nà" was broadcast during the first episode of The Muppet Show on tv when he was a kid and that he'd been a Muppets fan ever since. This declaration of Muppets' love inspired an older gentleman, to make his way to the front of the theatre down near the screen, to begin dancing and acting with grandiose sweeping of his arms and leg strutting, even a mock broom contest with the usher. Aaaah, The Muppets still inspire mayhem. Jim Henson was smiling!
    sesamekid75 and Cindy like this.
  14. LinkLady77

LinkLady77 Member

I enjoyed the movie very much...seeing so many of the classic characters again really put a smile on my face! My fav (Link!) even got to sing...(excited shriek!!). It saddened me to see only 7 other people in the theater (this was in upstate NY) on opening night. I hope that more people went to go see it at my local theater after Turkey Day. I also agree that they should have added something after the credits for our Muppety pleasure. I was still watching the screen in anticipation as my boyfriend was gently tugging my arm as we were leaving the theater aisle...LOL. I will definitely be going back for a second viewing...maybe a third...or fourth...
  15. Drtooth

Drtooth Well-Known Member

Yes... yes you are.
  16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I agree and there's nothing wrong with that. If their kind of success could be easily duplicated, it wouldn't mean very much. :)
    LinkLady77 likes this.
  17. muppetsliveon

muppetsliveon Member

I read in an interview that stephenie meyer (twilight author) said that she didnt even like the way she wrote them. The movie was awesome. One of my friends said He that it was going to suck, but he thought it was awesome. He also said his favorite part was human walter (sheldon cooper big bang theory,jim parsons).
  18. Tom75

Tom75 New Member

What fun to see all the Muppet characters up on the big screen.
    Miss Piggy has never looked so good.
    And Walter whistling was worth the price of admission!
    More!
  19. Mahna Mahna

Mahna Mahna New Member

So. . . my hubby and I went for our wedding anniversary. Yup.
    We sat in the lux level of the theatre-- it felt a little strange to be in the "grown up" seats watching a decidedly-non-grown-up movie, but it was AWESOME. A special day and a special film, and I'm so glad to see a new generation enjoying the Muppets the way I remember them.
    I was so happy, but at the same time got easily tearful, esp. at Rainbow Connection. I think Jim would be proud of it. . . I hope he's smiling :)
  20. Puckrox

Puckrox Well-Known Member

That's... oh my goodness, I can't even begin to express how much I want that someday. I sincerely hope Muppet movies are still coming out when I'm married (in the far off distant future), so then we can spend anniversaries/quality time together going to see Muppet movies. :)