"The Muppets": Audience Reactions

Drtooth

Reaction score
I have seen it twice so far. The first was a late show on Wednesday, so it was pretty much just adults in the theatre. It was a small crowd, but a fun one, I think a lot of the group were pretty big fans. Every person stayed until the very last credit was done and we all applauded and someone said "aw, is that it? I wish there was more!"
If there's one tiny bugaboo I have with the film is that it needed something fun right after the credits. I'm sure the audience would have responded well to that.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
If there's one tiny bugaboo I have with the film is that it needed something fun right after the credits. I'm sure the audience would have responded well to that.
I know! And I think that everyone was expecting something! Even as simple as like in TMTM when Animal goes "Bye bye, bye bye" or in the first movie when he's like "go home, go home!"

robodog

Reaction score
All three times I've gone the audience has reacted generally great. Third time was the best. The theater was almost completely full and everyone was just so invested in the movie. Not to mention the little kid who, when Sweetums started chasing the car, yelled "THAT'S FROM THE FIRST MOVIE."
God bless that kid.

beaker

Reaction score
The reaction, even at half filled showings has been insane. Ive seen three audience reactions as they pour out of the theater(twice the two different days I saw it, once after I saw the film Hugo) and people were so giddy and very animatedly discussing it amongst themselves. People coming out of the other holiday 'family movies' just looked kind of sombre. Guys being dragged by their significant others to Twilight looked like they had just gotten out of Abu Gharib.

This film has firmly gripped the internet by storm both with critics, high profile movie and entertainment sites, forums, blogs, etc. Not only that, but here in Sacramento this morning the host of one of the main morning shows(Channel 31) couldn't stop talking about the movie with his cohost. He says hopefully everyone sees it and it'll make people into new fans...as he says he's annoyed how people only know of "that bear, ralph and the two old guys".

All three times I've gone the audience has reacted generally great. Third time was the best. The theater was almost completely full and everyone was just so invested in the movie. Not to mention the little kid who, when Sweetums started chasing the car, yelled "THAT'S FROM THE FIRST MOVIE."
*wide smile* YES!

I'm hoping to see a later-in-the-day showing with a larger crowd, but as I take public transportation and it gets dark and cold earlier in Atlanta, I'm not too sure I'll be able to.
I'm with ya, I have no car myself. But I was able to convince my friends to go to the main theater downtown at night, which was an interesting mixed crowd. As much as Id love to find a showing where it's mostly older 20's-30's college kids, it's great seeing people both babies through the elderly loving it

beaker

Reaction score
well that same night i heard 2 guys begging there girlfriends to go see Muppets instead of twilight so they could all enjoy it....after they left my friends and i burst out laughing at there amazing comments
I can't see how any guy could date a girl into those movies. Maybe the books are better, but from my experience the sort of girls into Twilight seem to be...well they aren't as fun or geeky as the girls into Harry Potter.

My dream would be to have a girl I could geek out with at a muppet movie screening, so thank goodness there will be more in the years to come. I would love to be able to take my future kids to one of these, not just a revival showing.

beaker

Reaction score
It needed Beau sweeping the back of the theater, wondering where everyone was. Im shocked they didnt have a brief post credit epilogue.

Im also agitated that there was noticeably a lot of scenes cut/truncated/left out. For instance the celebrity cameos and the telethon. What happened? Other than that I can't think of too many gripes. I now get the fart shoe and travel by map thing, and am glad its in the film. Just the pacing due to the edits slightly irked me. But it feels immensely brisk.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I can't see how any guy could date a girl into those movies. Maybe the books are better, .
I've heard terrible things about both....in hindsight i understand why they go see these movies, yet for age related reasons of certain members i wont say... there's a reason I've seen all 3 paranormal activity movies even though i hate them

lucky the girl i went with isnt a TwiHard and refuses to see it

beaker

Reaction score
I've heard terrible things about both....in hindsight i understand why they go see these movies, yet for age related reasons of certain members i wont say... there's a reason I've seen all 3 paranormal activity movies even though i hate them

lucky the girl i went with isnt a TwiHard and refuses to see it
Sometimes it's fun, like if there's a cheap discount theater near you(I used to have a dollar movie theater near me til 2001) to go to a showing with hardly anyone and make fun of a bad movie with friends. But in todays economy, with movies running $11(way more than that if you include paying for a girl's way, gas, food, dinner, etc) Im not sure I get the point of seeing films you know will be bad. Ive tho, made the msitake of seeing movies I thought would be better...I felt tortured sitting through Thor, Pirates 4, etc.

muppetlover123

Reaction score
my friend he never liked muppets but by the end of the movie he was in aww and he loves them and his favorite is walter :smile:

burnt toast

Reaction score
I went to the 12:01 show here and took my "muppet" professor pickle , my teen boys walked in and did not sit with me!! We took a huge group and we all sang , laughed and enjoyed the amazing muppets. I am so proud of the hard work and love that went into this movie. Thank you, stacie