"The Muppets": Audience Reactions

Drtooth

Reaction score
I saw it a third time, this time at the Movie Tavern, which gets a more adult audience. There was a lot of laughter this time around, which pleased me. There was one little girl, I'd guess about 5 years old, who kept getting freaked out and wanting to leave whenever Tex Richman started doing his thing. She was OK again when the movie went back to Muppetness. This stuck out in my mind because the last showing I went to, there was a little kid who kept getting very vocally upset at the same things.
When i went to see MFS the second time, I remember clear as a bell there were kids freaking out over how loud the movie was and how big the movie was and they just screamed until the movie actually started.

Thankfully the kids that wend to this movie when I saw it (things came up and I couldn't see it again yet) were older and quieter.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Thankfully the kids that wend to this movie when I saw it (things came up and I couldn't see it again yet) were older and quieter.
You're lucky. Our theater had these 8 year olds that literally walked around the theater isles (and in and out of the theater) for the ENTIRE movie! I mean seriously, that's how kids get kidnapped in public places.

Someone in the audience was actually motivated to say, "Can someone at least pretend to parent?!" Lol, right on!

People wonder why no one goes to the movies anymore. It's because you have to go with OTHER PEOPLE! :shifty:

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
You're lucky. Our theater had these 8 year olds that literally walked around the theater isles (and in and out of the theater) for the ENTIRE movie! I mean seriously, that's how kids get kidnapped in public places.
one of the last times i saw it...there was a kid who as Fozzie walked out of the theater kept making the fart noise till the end of the movie....it was quite annoying and if i hadnt already seen it, i wouldve been a tad upset

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
one of the last times i saw it...there was a kid who as Fozzie walked out of the theater kept making the fart noise till the end of the movie....it was quite annoying and if i hadnt already seen it, i wouldve been a tad upset
Yeah I mean I really don't want to blame the kids because they don't know any better. It's the parents who need to take some responsibility. They're not the only ones in the audience and it's unfair for their kid to ruin it for everyone else. Especially when it's so expensive to go to the movies.

In my very first movie, I'm told I cried in the theater and had to be taken out. Which is what you're SUPPOSED to do, lol.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I just saw the movie for the fourth time, and the friend I went with had the absolute best reaction of everyone I've gone with so far! I know she's seen Muppet movies in the past, but she's not a huge Muppet fanatic or anything. But she cracked up at all the right places and had this huge grin on her face throughout the "Forget You" scene. Seeing The Muppets with someone who is equally as invested in it as you is such a delight!

goldenstate5

Reaction score
When I was three my grandparents took me to see Snow White in the theaters, I couldn't handle it and starting screaming. Guess what they did? Took me out of the theater.

When I have kids, I'll instruct them that on proper theater behavior and take them when they're old enough, four or five seems fine.

RH7X9

Reaction score
The Audience at my theater loved it! We were all laughing,

DannyRWW

Reaction score
All this talk about misbehaving children... My daughters who are 2 and 5 were glued to the screen both times they saw it. The Muppets are just so magical to them (even though because of what I do as part of my job they are well aware of how a puppet works). The day I took my puppet team to see the movie most of them behaved too. I did have one seventh grader that sat behind me and leaned over and kept making coments about the movie which was a tad annoying. I'm finding a lot of kids do like it. Being a teacher I have heard a lot of the students at my school go on aout how great the movie was. Of course being the "Puppet Guy" everyone wants to talk to me about Muppets. I put the soundtack on during the last meeting of our chess club and the kids all seemed to know it too. I think children are finding and enjoying this movie... I just think there is a small more vocal gorup that would prefer to see "Punch Teacher" and be disruptive while watching the Muppets.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
All this talk about misbehaving children... My daughters who are 2 and 5 were glued to the screen both times they saw it.
Good point, let's not stereotype all the children, hehe.

Drtooth

Reaction score

Someone in the audience was actually motivated to say, "Can someone at least pretend to parent?!" Lol, right on!
That happened to me in Bolt... the thing about the kids freaking out about the movie's loudness in MFS... I don't want to paint any broad strokes, but I would imagine that those kids might just have had some developmental disabilities or something. So I can't really say they were acting out, I'd just assume that there were problems the parents couldn't really deal with... unlike what happened in Bolt.