Watching FR with Non-Fans

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
To think in high school I actually tricked myself into thinking I had a future in theater.
Well just because you have a bad High School experience doesn't mean you can't have a future in the theater. If anything the people who get the huge roles in High School are the ones who have tricked themselves. :wink:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
I see that a lot of people are reluctant to watch not just Fraggle Rock with their friends, but Muppet stuff in general. It's hard to have an interest that doesn't exactly line up with what your age-group or gender is "supposed" to like sometimes.
I made the mistake of telling a coworker that I was interested in the Muppets and puppetry, and her reaction was... bemused? She seemed confused that a 30-year-old would like that sort of thing. I have learned not to talk about that stuff at work :wink:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
I watched a few episodes of Fraggle Rock with an ex-girlfriend. Looking back, I probably should have known that the relationship wouldn't last when she went on a tirade about how childish and stupid it was for an adult man to like a kids show (even though she was nearly obsessed with all animated Disney movies, which were apparently okay to enjoy, unlike Fraggle Rock).
Don't ask me how many times I've been picked on for liking the Muppets. But going withg the point of this thread.
I have great respect for everything Jim Henson made, I might not like all of it but I still have respect. But non-Muppet fans have no respect for it and will not enjoy it. (Most of the time that's how it is)

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
Don't ask me how many times I've been picked on for liking the Muppets. But going withg the point of this thread.
I have great respect for everything Jim Henson made, I might not like all of it but I still have respect. But non-Muppet fans have no respect for it and will not enjoy it. (Most of the time that's how it is)
You are lucky if you can find a non-Muppet fan who has a decent amount of respect for things Henson. My film professor this past semester enjoys The Muppet Movie and likes certain characters, but he isn't a die-hard fan, he has only a real basic knowledge of Henson his work. When it was revealed that I was a huge fan of Henson's work, he was more impressed than weirded out and was highly respectful about it. I wish we had more people like him. :halo:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I have a couple of friends who do appreciate the creativity and originality of the Muppets, even though they're not big fans, and it's nice of them. I always try to appreciate what others enjoy even if I don't, though it's sometimes hard. (One of my roommates enjoys the music of T-Pain. Yicch.)

Perlezerey8

Reaction score
I find that people think The Muppets are too childish to watch when they're older. My friends are okay with me liking The Muppets but sometimes picks on me. That's why I don't really bring it up in a conversation.

Puckrox

Reaction score
I'm hearing a lot of feedback on the more negative side about non-Henson fans... From my personal experience, everyone in my life respects Henson on some level. Of course they're not all big/die hard fans like ourselves, but they all have a certain level of affinity for the Muppets (I have literally met one person in college who has never seen a Henson project and never wants to). And I watched Fraggle Rock with the guy I was seeing last spring and he'd never seen it before, and he really liked it. Whether or not he was saying he liked it in hopes to please me is still up in the air, but he seemed to enjoy it and even picked out that Boober was operated by the same person as Gonzo, which made me quite proud of him at the time.

So yeah. :smile:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I'm hearing a lot of feedback on the more negative side about non-Henson fans... From my personal experience, everyone in my life respects Henson on some level.
That's been more my experience as well. I was never really teased for liking the Muppets. For the most part people remembered them fondly from childhood.

I was teased mercilessly for liking other things like Star Trek but that's another story, lol.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
That's been more my experience as well. I was never really teased for liking the Muppets. For the most part people remembered them fondly from childhood.

I was teased mercilessly for liking other things like Star Trek but that's another story, lol.
You're rwally lucky then. I think the world forgot what and who the Muppets are about. What people think of them nowadays is that they're like the Sesame street Muppets that just teach you the althabet and stuff like that. It really get's me annoyed