If "The Muppets" is a success: What's next?

bingboingcutie

Reaction score
On a side note, I just watched episode 410 of the original series, and one of the subplots is that J.P. Grosse is letting Arabs drill for oil on the Muppet studio property. I wonder if Segel and Stoller had this episode in mind when they wrote the movie? Maybe J.P. will appear in the follow-up movie, if they have one.
That would be awesome if they made a follow-up! Just so long as it's not called "The Muppets 2".

Scooterforever

Reaction score
That would be awesome if they made a follow-up! Just so long as it's not called "The Muppets 2".
I'm sure I'm not the only one who was wondering where JP Grosse was in all of this, since he was the theater's original owner. Of course, I don't think they brought him up in "It's a Very Merry Muppet's Christmas" either, so maybe they've phased him out completely?

As much as I loved "The Muppets (I've seen it 4x so far)", I'd rather the next Muppet movie be a stand-alone film rather than a sequel to "The Muppets," just as the original 3 movies were all unrelated.

beakerboy12

Reaction score
Well, as much as I love J.P., in VMX it was said J.P. ied and left the theater to Kermit in a deleted scene. It's sad because it'll mean Scooter's running gag won't continued.