Having Each Other (Ush-Gush)

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done regarding the phantomly dragon's cameo. Would echo other peoples' sentiments you check your work before posting... But this story is turning out nicely, I like the Scooter/Lonnie angle. Thank you and post when possible.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
What a great story! Figgie, you are truly just AMAZING at writing fan fiction!

We Got Us

Reaction score
Figgie, Figgie, Figgie...how many times can I say I love your work? Cause' I love your work!! :wink: I have to warn you though, tomorrow my Dad has to take my laptop cord to work (he lost his. Disorganization seems to run in this family. Just look at my fic) so I'll be on very rarely if at all until he gets home in the evening.
Now on to story:
While Kermit had agreed to this, he wasn't exactly thrilled with the prospect. Nothing had really been the same without Jim and nothing really seemed to match his patterns and styles of music and film.
Aw...we, as your fans, feel you pain Kermit. But you'll catch your feet. >hums Life's A Happy Song<

Every night he came home exhausted and rather cranky, though he wouldn't complain to Piggy. Heaven help him if he did.
Prideful ol' Kermie, I bet that's not true. The Frog and the Pig have to support each other if they're gonna be expecting figs!
And then we have those awesome Muppets doing what they do best: making everything better with songs and explosions. And that is why we love them.
And then we get Uncle Deadly!!! Hurrah!! I'm developing a bad thing for him, that I'm scared it might one day evolve into a fan-fic. :sigh:
And then everything is better between the frog and the pig, and a baby shower! Hooray!! >runs to get into her favorite party dress< Oh yes, it's a story. >ahem<

Had he married a woman, or had he married a woman!
Yes Kermie, yes vous did. Can't live with em', can't live without em'. And you'r quickly finding out the rest.

In conclusion: bravo!! I can't wait for more!! And you poor thing...I've tried fasting a few times and chickened out on some feeble excuse every time. Low blood sugar, babysitting, needs energy for homework...wants food....yeah, anyway. I have officially decided to wait till after finals to start any more fan-fics of my own. That's only gonna be a few weeks, but until then I'll be doing some serious studying. Meanwhile I'll have this to keep me muppety and sane. I've written a book now. Love you Fig!

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
*Does happy dance around the room* Fersureitsjess and The Count reviewing my story?! Is this a dream? If it is, then it most definately is a good one!:smile: I will try to make less typos in my story in honor of The Count and to help make this story flow better.:embarrassed: To Muppetfan123: I blush, thank you my kind sir, I truly appreciate that! I hope to read some of your own work soon!:wink: Wiggie: You poor dear! I hope everything goes well for finals! Love you sweetie!:excited: I'm afraid I don't have time to write chap. 3 tonight, but hopefully tomorrow!!:big_grin:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Okay, I admit I made a mistake, the last chapter should be chapter 2, the next will be chapter 3! Oi do I feel dumb! Sorry for the mishap!:embarrassed:

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
The real Chapter 3: I Want you to Want me

Scooter looked in amazement at the bright lights shining on the billboard. Bob's Karaoke and Bar definitely wasn't what Scooter had expected when Lonnie asked him out. Walking into the peculiar restaurant, Scooter noticed the unexpectedly crowded area. Bright disco like lights swirled around the room with D J's working the tracks.
“You really wouldn't expect this much of a crowd in a place like this, based on the outer appearance at least.” Scooter half yelled over the ruckus of the young couples dancing around the small space. Lonnie laughed at his confused expression.
“It's supposed to be that way, no one would expect to find a place like this.” She waved her arms around for emphasis. Scooter only nodded, not wanting to waste his voice by pointless shouting.
“C'mon, I want to show you something.” Lonnie pulled Scooter through swarming mass of dancers. Pulling to a stop in front of one of the D J's, Lonnie introduced Scooter.
“Scooter, I'd like you to meet an old friend of mine. This DJ Raja. Raja, meet Scooter.” Lonnie pulled Scooter closer to the other man. He had dark skin and a bright smile, Scooter guessed he was from African descent.
“Hallo, Scootar.” He had a strong African accent too. He flashed a warm at Scooter and offered him his hand. Scooter accepted, dismissing him as an unimportant rival.
“It's Nice to meet you DJ Raja.” Scooter answered politely.
“Please,” The young African intervened, “call me Raja. Everyone does.” He smiled again, turning to Lonnie, he asked, “Do you want the usual?” He asked mischievously. Lonnie grinned and nodded in answer. Pulling Scooter behind her, Lonnie led him to a stage he hadn't seen before.
“Yo, yo, yo! I want y'all to listen up! I got some special friends here tonight and they're gonna sing for us on this special evenin'!” DJ Raja's voice boomed out from some unseen speakers. Scooter swiveled to find Lonnie standing behind him holding a mic.
“You can't be serious?!” Scooter asked, clearly frightened.
“Oh, Come on! It's not like you haven't sung before!” Lonnie answered, slightly exasperated. “Besides, you know the song. Trust me.” She gave him a look that made his heart jump out of his skin.
“Okay.” He mumbled softly.
“What?!” Lonnie yelled, trying to hear what Scooter had said.
“I said okay!” Scooter yelled back, almost laughing. Giving the DJ the thumbs up, Scooter turned to where lyrics were being shown. Scooter nearly choked. Yes, he knew of the song, not the song itself per say....
Lonnie started out, singing soulfully into the mic. Scooter started back away, unsure. Lonnie looked at him and held him in place with her gaze.
I want you to want me.
I need you to need me.
I'd love you to love me.

She reached out to Scooter as if begging him to stay.
I'm beggin' you to beg me.
I want you to want me.
I need you to need me.
I'd love you to love me.

She motioned Scooter sing along, inhaling sharply he sang into the mic, praying he wouldn't mess up.

I'll shine up my old brown shoes.
I'll put on a brand new shirt

Scooter pulled on his shirt collar, causing the crowd to roar.
I'll get home early from work
if you say that you love me.

Scooter started to sing with emphasis, pointing at Lonnie and singing along with her.
Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I,
see you cryin' (cryin, cryin').
Oh, Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I,
see you cryin' (cryin, cryin')
Feelin' all alone without a friend
you know you feel like dyin' (dyin', dyin').
Oh, didn't I, didn't I, didn't I,
see you cryin' (cryin', cryin').

Lonnie sang alone again, jumping and moving in time with the song. Scooter moved closer, dancing and twisting around and in time to her.
I want you to want me.
I need you to need me.
I'd love you to love me.

Joining her, Scooter sang without hesitation, barely looking at the lyrics screen.

I'll shine up my old brown shoes.
I'll put on a brand new shirt
I'll get home early from work
if you say that you love me.
Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I,
see you cryin' (cryin, cryin').
Oh, Didn't I, didn't I, didn't I,
see you cryin' (cryin, cryin')

Scooter acted as if he had a knife in his hand and plunged it into his heart.

The song slowed and Scooter, along with Lonnie stepped closer together with each beat.
I want you to want me.

Scooter placed a hand around her back, pulling her closer.
I need you to need me.

Placing her arm around his neck, Lonnie pulled Scooter's face closer to her own.

Scooter barely whispered the words into the mic.
I'd love you to love me.

Closing the distance, Lonnie pressed a soft kiss to Scooter's own, the rest is history.
XxX​
Kermit sat in bed, mentally counting down the months till the babies' due date. If it was almost February, then the babies would be due in October. Walking over to the calendar, circling the whole month. We have a long way to go. He mused to himself. Hearing the phone ring, he padded over to the home phone and answered.​
"Hello?" He asked. Unprepared for what he was about to here. If only he had known....​

Review? Please? I apologize for dropping off like that, but that's writing for ya!!:embarrassed::batty:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Great story! I also love the whole Scooter/Lonnie thing. (Scooter is one of my top ten Muppets)

*Does happy dance around the room* .To Muppetfan123: I blush, thank you my kind sir, I truly appreciate that! I hope to read some of your own work soon!:wink:!
Hopefully soon! Since I joined the forum, I said to myself "I must do a Fan Fiction, "I must do a Fan Fiction," So I'm still working on it.

The real Chapter 3: I Want you to Want me

Kermit sat in bed, mentally counting down the months till the babies' due date. If it was almost February, then the babies would be due in October. Walking over to the calendar, circling the whole month. We have a long way to go. He mused to himself. Hearing the phone ring, he padded over to the home phone and answered.​
"Hello?" He asked. Unprepared for what he was about to here. If only he had known....​

:batty:
Hmmm...... I'm wondering what a crossover of Piggy and Kermit would look like....

We Got Us

Reaction score
Ffffiiiiiggggiiiieeee....!!!! >dies of embarrassment< >sits up and laughs like an idiot< .....I'm so flattered I have to dance. >Does previously choreographed embarrassed happy dance< I will hug you and give you muffin. And then I will choke you a little and punch you (lightly) in the arm like a guy friend would. Darn it, I would go and look up that song if my sister wasn't right next to me wondering what on earth I'm smiling so big for. >sigh< Now, you know, I'm going to be practicing that over and over again in front of the bathroom mirror....>tucks Starbucks application into purse< You and your awesome fantasies. Twist my way of life, they will. :wink:
Now on to the REAL chapter three...AH! BAM! SPLAT! And any other random loud noise you can think of to keep me from SCREAMING!!!!!!!! >in best scary voice< How dare you Figgie....you, you fiend! Ironically, I just watched 'Father of the Bride 2' last night (and...um....fell a little in love with Martin Short. But only a little) which I know is going to set me dreaming about Kermit's dual baby problem. >kicks herself in the head< (something that's hard to do unless your writing it) What am I saying?! I'm wembling!! Ok, you have me worried now.....update soon?! And by that I mean, if you don't, I'm selling what's left of my hair and hitchhiking up to Utah and strangling you some more. :big_grin: And now, my brain is making kerplunk noises, which means I should sleep. >>Hugs<< Fig, for being so cool and giving me something to look forward to.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------------
Sorry it took me a while to get back to this one!

The progression of Scooter and Lonnie's romance seems to be moving right along... :smile: Hey...what's with all the karaoke around here? But Cheap Trick's a fun choice. And I like the idea of Scooter having a name-appropriate form of transportation.

Fraternal twins! This could be fun. I bet Scooter and Skeeter have some tips they could share! And of course who would argue with the name choices? Very sweet. Although now I'm curious, as you mention Jim was Kermit's creator...er...is he a frog or are you going for something closer to what Ozy is doing with the relationship between Muppets and Muppeteers? Interesting.

Kermit calling himself "Kermie" and having the girls giggle at him made me smile.

Keep going please! :news:
------------------------------