Having Each Other (Ush-Gush)

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Thenks Count! Yeah, this was exruciatingly painful because I had so many interruptions from school and family. I'll try to make it a little less rushed.:stick_out_tongue: To Wiggie: I'd prefer you didn't cut your hair and didn't come to Utah to kill me.:wink: I am glad you both liked it, to Muppetfan 123: Hope to hear from you soon!!:news: More chappie soon, I hope!

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------------
Well, I'm glad Piggy's uninjured...the idea of her karate chopping not one but TWO cars is amusing, and within the twisted logic of Muppetdom, possibly possible! But yes, she really should be a teensy weensy bit more careful. I can understand Kermit feeling for a moment like it was losing Jim all over again; Piggy's probably even closer to the frog than his beloved mentor was, so fearing her in danger would surely send the green guy into a panic! I know Piggy is sensitive enough to realize this, however, so hopefully she'll just let her driver ferry her to her shopping in the future. :smile:

Mixing our world, with our laws of physics, with the Muppet one where weird things can and do happen is always tricky. But your flipping from real (Kermit rushing to the hospital in terror) to silly (TWO cars done in by the infamous HIII-YAAH) and back to serious (Kermit felt just like he did That Day) is certainly acceptable...just set yourself some rules as to what can or can't happen in the universe you, the writer, creates, and don't break your own rules once you've decided on them. Enjoying so far! Please write more when you can...and don't neglect your schoolwork! :attitude:

Uh, okay, Sam. She won't.

:attitude: Hmf! I should hope not! There is a terrible dearth of education in this country today!

A what?

:attitude: A dearth!

A what?

:attitude: Dearth! Dearth!

*:concern: shows up in black helmet and cape*
:concern: Huhhhh...hahhhh.... Forget him! Write! Blow off your homework!

:attitude: Hey!! Stop that, you...you weirdo!!
---------------------

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Haha! Newsie, you are just amazing! :big_grin: Okay, I'm working on the next chapter...while reading Lisa's awesomely sad story: Flippersteps in the Sand. It has given me inspiration. Oh! And yes, I was not so sure about how to write this chapter 'cause of the whole 'Law of the Universe' thing. But I will try harder! *Goes off to write Muppet Constitution*:attitude:

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Sorry, I'm a little late posting.
Piggy's OK!!!!! :smile: (Phew I was worried!) You really left me hanging there last time.
Anxiously awaiting Chapter 5......

bouncingbabyfig

Reaction score
Chapter 5: Finding the Rainbow Connection

After the accident, the doctor excused Piggy from her prison, er hospital room. As both Piggy and Kermit left the hospital, (Kermit came to pick her up) a young woman in her teens sat near the front doors, her head resting on her knees. A small whimpering sound escaped from her trembling form. Kermit hadn't really noticed as he was in deep conversation on the phone. Piggy did and gently nudged her preoccupied husband in the ribcage. Glaring at his impertinent wife, Kermit continued in conversation.
"No, Brian hasn't talked to me about releasing Season 4 and 5. He said it had something to do with financ-EEEOOOW!" Kermit's side was suddenly met with Piggy's elbow. Rubbing his injured side where a bruise was sure to form, Kermit once again glared at his steaming wife.
"Er, yes, I'm alright. I just dropped a frozen ham on my flipper. Listen may I call you back? Sure, sure. Yeah, everything's fine. Okay, by." Kermit snapped his phone shut, turning to his wife.
"What was that all about? I was in the middle of a conversation!" Kermit exclaimed. Piggy pointedly ignored her husband's glare and instead nodded her head in the direction of the young girl. Kermit's expression immediately changed from angry to sympathetic. Slowly walking towards the girl, he kneeled down and rested a hand on her shoulder. The girl looked up and gasped, not realizing she had been seen. A slow rumble sounded and rain began to pour steadily around the trio. Piggy stood closer to the balcony, sheilding herself from the pounding rain. Kermit and the girl sat staring at eachother mutely, the rain mixing in with the girl's tears.
"Who are you?" Kermit asked, barely noticing the storm's torrent around them. The girl looked up with eyes that matched the thundering clouds around them.
"Alice. M-my name is Alice." She answered, her lips trembling. "And your Kermit, Kermit the Frog." Alice smiled a bit. "I don't know a person who doesn't know you." Kermit smiled a little as well, the rain making tracks on his face.
"Why are you sad?" He inquired. Alice's smile faded as she leaned her head back against the hospital's wall.
"There's someone I really care about in there, he got awfully sick. For weeks he told me it was just a simple cough or cold, nothing serious. He was wrong." She whispered, fresh tears sliding down her pale face. Kermit didn't say a word, waiting for her to continue. "When we woke up this morning, he had a high fever and was delirious. He said he was cold and hot all at once, so we brought him to the hospital where they told us he had a sever case of pneumonia. They said he might die." Alice's voice was barely above a whisper now. Piggy frowned sympathetically while Kermit sat down next to Alice, feeling the soft grass beneath his flippers. The rain had finally stopped and the sun's piercing light peeked through the dull gray, welcoming the beginnings of a rainbow.
"I had a very good friend once," kermit stated bluntly, focusing his eyes on the rainbow. "We both shared many dreams and realities together. We both met when we were young, and I assumed we'd both grow old together. But that didn't happen. Being a muppet is sort of a blessing and a curse, you meet friends and you grow and learn without the worry of dying, but even though you don't die, everyone else around you does." Kermit said thoughtfully.
"Jim?" Alice asked softly. kermit smiled without looking away.
"Jim. He was one of the most selfless people I have ever met. He was always creating things or fiddling with an idea in his head. As work progressed and our muppet family grew, it also tore Jim away from his own. It broke his heart to be away from them, but he had to keep the industry going. It was fun sitting with him reading the letters from his family, especially from the little ones. Then, everything went from bright and colorful to dark and dull." Kermit paused for a moment, lost in thought.
"The day he was put into the hospital, was a day much like today. It was raining. Hard. I was in my office, working as usual when I get a call from Frank Oz and Jane Henson. They asked me to leave work and come to the hospital immediately, it was about Jim. When I got there, it seemed everyone was there, family, friends, muppets, fraggles, and whatnots. Lisa explained that Jim had gotten very sick and was dying. He had been asking to see me ever since reaching the hospital. I was showed to his room where I barely recognized him, he was pale and had dark circles around his eyes. He seemed to be in a lot of pain, yet despite all that, he smiled." Alice's eyes were downcast, thinking of what it must have been like.
"He asked me to open the blinds so he could see me, when I did, we both saw a large rainbow outside. He told me that he wasn't afraid to die, but was afraid of not being remebered. He wanted children of all ages from 1 to 92, when they saw a rainbow to remember him and their own dreams. When someone watches the muppets, they think of him and his legacy, of the rainbow connection.." Kermit sang sadly.
"The lovers, the dreamers, and you." Alice finished, smiling softly. Nodding, he continued.
"He said we were the rainbow connection, the dreams of many people and as long as we kept going, that dream would never end. We were his rainbow connection. His accomplished dream." Kermit finished, Alice opened her mouth to comment when another woman came out.
"Alice? Alice! There you are! It's Jackson, he's gonna be alright!" She yelled running towards the shocked group.
"He is?" Alice exclaimed before pelting towards the doors. Stopping, she turned around to face Miss Piggy and Kermit.
"Thank you." She said, tears of joy leaking out the corners of her eyes. Kermit smiled and waved her off.
"It was nothing. Now you'd better hurry, your connection awaits." Blushing, Alice complied, pulling her friend behind her.
"Wait! Can I have your guys's autographs?" The friend asked, peeking behind the door.
"Oh come on, Locksy!" Alice complained, prying her friend from the entrence. Piggy and Kermit laughed good naturedly, walking to their parked car.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Oui!!! >shot through the heart again< that was gorgeous Figgie...I can really tell Lisa's been inspiring, as well as just your own lovely style. SO cameos:

"No, Brian hasn't talked to me about releasing Season 4 and 5. He said it had something to do with financ-EEEOOOW!"
Brain Henson! If it counts as a cameo. Also, I just love that whole discussion of seasons being released. :wink:

"Alice. M-my name is Alice." She answered, her lips trembling.
Alice Alice? As in YOU Alice? I was actually worried at first that it was Henry who was sick (I get fond of these people). Enlighten me if I've blundered though.

Being a muppet is sort of a blessing and a curse, you meet friends and you grow and learn without the worry of dying, but even though you don't die, everyone else around you does." Kermit said thoughtfully.
Wowzers, never thought of it that way. Poor Kermit, having a Doctor Who moment I guess. But what would the world be like with out you? Besides, you've needed all that time to take care of your...>cough, cough< relationship issues...

:mad:WHAT issues?!
Me: None! None whatsoever!
......sheesh......

Frank Oz and Jane Henson.
Obvious.

Lisa explained that Jim had gotten very sick and was dying
Lisa?! Lisa/Toga Lisa?!!?! Oh wait, didn't he have a daughter named Lisa? Nevermind...
"Alice? Alice! There you are! It's Jackson, he's gonna be alright!" She yelled running towards the shocked group.
Jackson? ......>kicks herself< come on Locksley, Jackson!!! .....I still dunno. Feel dumb now......

"Wait! Can I have your guys's autographs?" The friend asked, peeking behind the door.
"Oh come on, Locksy!" Alice complained, prying her friend from the entrence.
Locksley....? Who is this....this..............oh.
SQQQQUUUUEEEEEEE I LOVE YOU FOREVER!!!! >hugs tightly< :big_grin::big_grin::big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
That chapter, number 5, was probably your best written so far. It captures the moments that have passed through Kermit's life—Jim's death—tieing it to the present in relating to Alice's situation, with a hope for the future as her friend Jackson made a full recovery.
Thanks for this. Post more when possible. :smile: