My Muppet Book: Frogs, Hogs, Weirdos & What-Nots

KermieBaby47

Reaction score
Everything sounds absolutely fantastic!! :big_grin: Oh, and a late March release should tie-in well with the blu-ray release, at least here in the states. :wink:

Just wondering, do you post on Gallifrey Base? Your avatar here is exactly the same as a member on that awesome forum (I'm KalesDad over there, mostly post in the Celestial Toys threads).

Cheers!
:smile:
Anthony

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Just wondering, do you post on Gallifrey Base? Your avatar here is exactly the same as a member on that awesome forum (I'm KalesDad over there, mostly post in the Celestial Toys threads).
I'm afraid the avatar connection is just co-incidence, although I'm a fan of Doctor Who and know a lot of the folks who hang around in places like GB. I used to write and produce shorts for Tachyon TV, if that means anything to you!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just a quick note to confirm some of my recent interviewees for the book; Bill Barretta, Brian Meehl and Muppet Show sound man Tedd Scott.

Things are still on track for a late March release date.
Mr Humbug, how is your book going? Still on track to be released in a month's time?

Alvin

Reaction score
How does it compare to the works?

animalrescuer

Reaction score
I think your book will be the absolute last Muppet related book I'll have to buy for myself. It sounds like there's so much in there! I can't wait until it comes out!

muppetperson

Reaction score
Sadly, I got a refund from the publisher as the book has been cancelled.Apparently it will still be published, but it wont be ready in time and the publisher dont know how long it will be.

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
Sadly, I got a refund from the publisher as the book has been cancelled.Apparently it will still be published, but it wont be ready in time and the publisher dont know how long it will be.
Oh no :frown:
I hope it's out soon.

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Sorry for taking so long to reply everybody, I wanted to make sure that all the refunds had been processed before making any official announcements.

Frogs, Hogs, Weirdos and What-nots will not be released at the end of March as planned. No new release date has been set as of yet, but the book WILL be published with Miwk Publishing when the time is right.

The decision to delay the publication of the book hasn't been taken lightly and I'm sorry if anybody feels let down, but I am confident that doing so will result in a significantly improved end product. Faced with the choice of publishing a sub-standard tome on time and an as close to definitive book as I can get at the cost of delaying publication, I chose the latter. Jim Henson, his collaborators, and his creations have achieved so much over the course of six decades that it would be doing them a disservice to rush out an inferior history for the say of timeliness.

I'll still be around these parts and I hope you'll be willing to take a second chance on the book when the time comes. A little extra time will result in a lot of improvements.

P.S. Yes, the Man or Muppet Oscar will be covered in the book. The next movie might even get some coverage "thanks" to the delay!