The Muppets 2011 DVD details

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
well maybe it was like cut from the movie or something i dont understand why they would have like 40 muppets outside for no reason cuz it didnt show all them in one scene they were in groups
movies do that all the time...its just an angle that wasn't used in the final cut......each scene in the movie was probably filmed from 5 different angles...people and things get cut out all the time, basically its so as they film the dancers they wouldn't have had empty spots behind them of nothing but buildings and street

notice in the same video we see the director looking at 4 different monitors but the same scene being filmed
editor probably felt that scene didnt look right or it didnt come out that great and didnt use it

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
It's official, the dvd will have nothing but a quick blooper thing.

Yeah screw you disney, Im going to download a rip of the blu ray and convert it to dvd.
Yeah, real scared of SOPA and the MPAA, lol. Sorry, I can't support Disney's baloney.
Already been screwed too many times.

And this is coming from someone who has endlessly supported and spent a lot of money on all things Muppet and Jim Henson for three decades
I am so P.O.ed right now. I don't know what and why Disney does that. I just hate Disney! I don't even have a blu-ray player and I don't plan to buy one anytime soon. :grr: I'll just have to wait till someone puts it online.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
not to be that guy but i feel it must be said...i think we are Putting to much blame on Disney as if they are the only ones that do this....remember this isnt just a Disney thing but a Blu Ray thing...every studio does it not just one..im not saying disney isnt without fault they couldve done something about it and been different but its not just them that do this.

again im not saying this to be like..."BLU RAY IZ TEH BEST..ALL OTHERS SUCAKGE" plus rays expensive...there will be some movies i still get on DVD even though i own a blu ray player...theres some movies that prob even though i enjoy wont be worth the blu ray price...example ..."Whats your Number?" a movie im in...i didnt by the blu ray cause its almost 9 dollars more for one random feature...yet both versions are extended and keep all my parts

Drtooth

Reaction score
not to be that guy but i feel it must be said...i think we are Putting to much blame on Disney as if they are the only ones that do this....remember this isnt just a Disney thing but a Blu Ray thing...every studio does it not just one..im not saying disney isnt without fault they couldve done something about it and been different but its not just them that do this.
Yeah. Don't single Disney out for this crummy move. Every studio is somehow compelled to put all the special features on the premium disk. I'm almost surprised Disney's even bothering to put the blooper reel on the regular disk. And it's big films too... Smurfs, Green Lantern, even with Dreamworks's Double Disk specials with new half hour special movies on them. The regular disks have nill.

Still, somehow Disney should at LEAST have put the deleted sequences AND the full Tex rap on the single standard edition. I don't care about the parody trailers (they're on the internet after all), I don't care for a documentary, I don't even want commentary. Just the scenes taken out of the movie.

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
e...example ..."Whats your Number?" a movie im in...i didnt by the blu ray cause its almost 9 dollars more for one random feature...yet both versions are extended and keep all my parts
Excatly the point. The studios do decide what goes on what disc. In What's Your Number (BTW congrats on getting in that movie) both disc's are extended and there's only one extra bonus feature. The Blu-ray of course would have more, BUT they could have put a little more that just that blooper reel. (in The Muppets, of course) I mean come on! What about the deleted scenes? What about the commenttary? What about the featurette? The table read? And they're still charging 20 bucks for that DVD! And that's not even with the soundtrack card! Why should I pay 40 bucks for The Wocka Wocka Value Pack for a bunch of bonus features? It doesn't make sense, &$#@^ Disney!

Drtooth

Reaction score
What about the featurette? The table read? And they're still charging 20 bucks for that DVD! And that's not even with the soundtrack card! Why should I pay 40 bucks for The Wocka Wocka Value Pack for a bunch of bonus features? It doesn't make sense, &$#@^ Disney!
I swear they're trying to rush obsolescence. They just want to get Blu-Ray a good couple of years before everything's digital. 20 bucks for something that bare bones? They're screwing the fans and themselves on that deal. No one's going to want to pay 20 bucks for it... it's not even worth a cheap 10 dollar bargain disk.

Forcing us to either pay 30 bucks or more on a special 2 DVD pack for extras we can't even see unless we have that player or to do without is extortion.

MykonosFan

Reaction score
Hey, look at it this way; it could be worse.

A recent trend even beyond limiting special features to the Blu-Ray version seems to be limiting special features to the 3D Blu-Ray, which costs even more.

As a Blu-Ray owner it makes me even more grateful seeing this thread, I hope you guys can find some way to get it to work out in your favor.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
i have a feeling and even heard from sources 3D will die before blu ray does....its not making the money they hoped it would....and can you really say your shocked?

DannyRWW

Reaction score
I don't have a blue ray player yet but at least they are backwards compatible so we don't have to replace our DVDs. I guess I'm fine with buying the blu ray package to get bonus features that I can watch eventually (I think we'll all have to upgrade as I don't see blu ray as just a fad but more of the standard format just as dvd replaced vcrs)...3d on the other hand I can't see anyways so I hope that doesn't ever become standard. I don't get why they have special players and tvs when you can do basic 3d on dvds (like coraline).