The Muppets 2011 DVD details

PuppetMaster

Reaction score
But if they made it like the "MUPPETS LETTERS TO SANTA" they have interviews,little commentary,bloopers and I thought THAT was good!

beaker

Reaction score
i think certain members...not point fingers or saying names...are taking this as a personal attack from disney and they need to get out of that mindset

as if Disney personally knows they dont have blu rays players and is just sitting at the window going.."nanny nanny boo boo"
Then why release it on dvd at all? I'd RESPECT that decision more. But to intentionally put nothing on the dvd, when there is plenty of space to do so...no. That's just disney doing what they are best known for: greed.

beaker

Reaction score
True, all we got was the Pepe Profiles, but for things like the Muppet Movie, I don't know if Disney even has the deleted scenes.
But over here, it's not just that all they're releasing is the blooper reel, they're releasing an entire list of stuff, and the DVD. Nothing.
I sent an email to Disney through the support department, it probably won't help much but it's worth a try.
That Disney rerelease of the original Muppet film is pathetic. I so hope fans were able to snag the much superior Columbia dvd, as they gutted that and barely had any worthwhile extras. The original Columbia dvd extras are very special.

zoebell

Reaction score
why have they not released the blu ray for the original movie by now? it should be coming, right?

beaker

Reaction score
Yeah i mean if Disney for like, $15 made a download digital file with all the blu ray contents i could then burn to dvdr, Id even go for that. But just like the lack of good Muppet merch(or any muppet movie merch) once again Disney is kind of slapping fans in the face

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
Then why release it on dvd at all? I'd RESPECT that decision more. But to intentionally put nothing on the dvd, when there is plenty of space to do so...no. That's just disney doing what they are best known for: greed.
i have to disagreem greed would be releasing the DVD at the same exact price as the blu ray in every store....again im not saying that the dvd should have nothing but everyone is taking it as a personal attack as if Disney knows who has a blu ray player and who doesnt and wants to punish those that dont, which they arnt its just the ways dvds work these days...again Disney isnt the sole studio that does this and who knows maybe theres reasons behind why the blu rays have the special features...maybe its a space thing those disks hold more than regualr disks

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Space thing my foot. I have a bunch of single disk DVDs with loads of special features. This is a ploy for everyone to upgrade to blu ray. If you haven't upgraded now, there is zero point, since the next newest thing is probably a few years away.

However, I will agree that attacking Disney is taking things to far. Attack the movie industry in general. All companies are doing this. Not just Disney.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Space thing my foot. I have a bunch of single disk DVDs with loads of special features. This is a ploy for everyone to upgrade to blu ray. If you haven't upgraded now, there is zero point, since the next newest thing is probably a few years away.

However, I will agree that attacking Disney is taking things to far. Attack the movie industry in general. All companies are doing this. Not just Disney.
That's what I've been saying all thread...

yet...

I checked out the Rango DVD at target, and the standard DVD version, while not having a huge mound of bonus features, has an alternate ending and 10 deleted scenes.

Why there's such a refusal to either put more special features on the regular disks or even give a huge price break for them IS helping to screw itself out of the massive sales that it deserves. The Muppets need to have continuous support to see future projects, making disks for sale that are basically made for Red Box and Netflix 1 dollar rentals is NOT the way to go.

I will not buy this release unless Disney puts the deleted scenes on it last minute.