The Muppets 2011 DVD details

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
The point is not that it doesnt work. It is that you NEED a Hi Def TV for you to actually see the hi def. A Blu ray will look like standard def if displayed on a standard def tv. Therefore, you are essentially paying more for a viewing experience that would be equal to a standard def dvd.

why the **** are we still arguing about bleeping blu ray players anyway?
My point is that it will still play regardless. If you can't have high def, you can't have high def. That's just the way it is. But just because you don't have an HD TV doesn't mean you can't have a Blu-ray player.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Umm... becuase we are P.O.ed that there are only bonus features on the Blu-Ray and not the DVD.
I get that. Its why the **** are the people who own blu ray players shoving it down everyone else's throats about how great they are.

My point is that it will still play regardless. If you can't have high def, you can't have high def. That's just the way it is. But just because you don't have an HD TV doesn't mean you can't have a Blu-ray player.
>_<

Read my reply again. Pay close attention to the fourth sentence

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
>_<

Read my reply again. Pay close attention to the fourth sentence
OK, I get what you are saying now. But I digress.

I'm done with this thread. I'm trying to look at the glass half-full but there's more negativity here than there is at the DMV. If you don't want the movie without deleted scenes on the DVD, don't buy it then. That's all I have to say, see you around in other threads, everyone.

Stulz

Reaction score
Just to throw some fuel on this fire, I thought I'd mention that I pretty much ONLY use my PS3 for movies. Mine has a bad fan which can get annoying, but by friend uses his PS3 for both movies and games and his is just fine.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
OK, I get what you are saying now. But I digress.

I'm done with this thread. I'm trying to look at the glass half-full but there's more negativity here than there is at the DMV. If you don't want the movie without deleted scenes on the DVD, don't buy it then. That's all I have to say, see you around in other threads, everyone.
Clicked "Like" to your post...and yeah I'm with ya on the "I'm done with this thread. I'm trying to look at the glass half-full but there's more negativity here than there is at the DMV"....I just HAD to throw that out there!!!

Farron

Reaction score
Press release is out, the only thing I'm confused about is will the Blu-ray+DVD combo have the same number of deleted scenes in the Wocka Wocka Combo Pack but other than that it's perfect.

http://www.dvdizzy.com/themuppets-pressrelease-0320.html

Cue complaining in 3... 2....
It seems the releases would be the same. The Wocka Wocka pack I believe just has some additional code to download audio files, and different packaging explaining it is such.

Given the fact it's also a new, expensive technology, it's going to take years for that mainstream jump... and once everyone's on board, the digital download will be king, and most of these families will be stuck with 80 dollar paperweights.
That would take many years for high speed connections to be suitable all around the world and cheap enough to be connected to every home.

Even then I'd still hope for and use blu-ray (or DVD or whatever the next thing is, though many suspect Blu ray is the last) releases as it is physical format. Something to hold on to and look at. Rather than just some file sitting inside a machine. It's the same thing with itunes and so on. Sure the music is there available to download but I just go and purchase the CDs so I can have something physical, with lyrics, artwork, CD, case, etc and I'll then burn/rip it on my computer to transfer to my ipod, if I wish to put it on there.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
That would take many years for high speed connections to be suitable all around the world and cheap enough to be connected to every home.
What you really need for that situation is for bandwidth to be unlimited for everyone. Many companies have a cap and if you go over you get charged for it. I'm sure there are unlimited plans, but where I live, no company that provides unlimted

Drtooth

Reaction score
I'm done too. Clearly asking from sympathy from owners of this premium format is like asking Sneakers O'Toole to take off his sneakers.

We get that you have the premium format. Please respect the fact that those without it feel completely left behind by in bed studio politics that lead to this decision. This is not a war between those with Blu-Ray and those who don't, but rather an annoyed sigh let out of anger by a lackluster, not worth the money DVD. That's not glass half empty, it's the annoyed face palm of the consumer.

And even if I DID have a shiney hiney Blu-Ray gizmo (again, an awkward third step in obsolescence), I'd agree this is just a terrible policy that's going to hurt the all important DVD sales. And if it hurts DVD sales Disney will just go back to Princesses and Cars. And we don't want that to happen, do we?

We deserve better than a cheap blooper reel. We should ALL be able to agree to that. If you were all excluded from something and you complained, I'd be on your side.