The Muppets 2011 DVD details

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I can't wait for the movie to be released on VHS! or better yet Beata, or even better some of the real big lazer disks, then you can complain. The movie is getting put out there We don't have to wait forever for it and we can watch the movie over and over. Sure they should put more on the DVD but times are a changing dvd is slowly becoming the VHS of our time, and studios and merchants want us to buy the new and latest things out there that's just basic economics. Now I know that times are ruff for everyone, but to boost up the economy if i need to buy a Blu ray, or PS3 to get all the bonus features of the movie then I'm going to do it and it will be money well spent, because I wont just be buying it for the Muppet movie.

Drtooth

Reaction score
I can't wait for the movie to be released on VHS! or better yet Beata, or even better some of the real big lazer disks, then you can complain. The movie is getting put out there We don't have to wait forever for it and we can watch the movie over and over. Sure they should put more on the DVD but times are a changing dvd is slowly becoming the VHS of our time, and studios and merchants want us to buy the new and latest things out there that's just basic economics. Now I know that times are ruff for everyone, but to boost up the economy if i need to buy a Blu ray, or PS3 to get all the bonus features of the movie then I'm going to do it and it will be money well spent, because I wont just be buying it for the Muppet movie.
DVD's aren't becoming obsolete by Blu-Ray. They're becoming obsolete by digital downloads. THAT'S the future. Blu-Ray is just a premium that only a special few can get (and don't give me the "Oh, it's only 125 bucks" crap either). it's not the huge transition between VHS and DVD... it's more like Betamax only Sony learned it's lesson by forcing all the other companies on board.

I DON'T want a Blu-Ray, I DON'T want a PS3 (which is going to be obsolete in a year), I can't afford the equipment that even makes a difference. And I certainly don't want to have to buy a 100 dollar device to watch something that SHOULD have been on the standard copy, but wasn't due to in bed studio politics.

YAY! We're getting the movie with one lousy feature while those who have the shiny new technology that's going to go down the same time and way as DVD get all the good stuff. What's to be optimistic about if you don't have the disposable income for some lame device that only techy geeks have or care for?

If we got a new toy line and the likenesses were just off, we'd have board wide complaints about it. Look at what happened when Fun4All tried the Sesame Line. What did we get? Complaints saying there's a lack of quality and refusal to spend money on them. Why is this any different? It's a poor product with one pathetic "oh well, at least it's something" feature that doesn't even have a price break. They made the special features, they CAN put them on the standard disk, they chose not to because Sony wants to play Entertainment Mafia and force studios to put everything on the premium format, which WILL be obsolete, maybe even before DVD's finish their run.

And if you DON'T think the era of digital downloads is coming soon, look at all the places where FYE, Suncoast, and Blockbuster USED to be.

Alvin

Reaction score
He's right...look at all of the movies giving you a streaming download of the movie. before long that's all you'll buy. Just be sure to have a large enough hard drive to keep them on. And at that the sizes are getting larger and the prices are coming down. Plus look at all the storage space you'll save and not have to worry about where to put that next new DVD or Blue-ray disc.

Drtooth

Reaction score
He's right...look at all of the movies giving you a streaming download of the movie. before long that's all you'll buy. Just be sure to have a large enough hard drive to keep them on. And at that the sizes are getting larger and the prices are coming down. Plus look at all the storage space you'll save and not have to worry about where to put that next new DVD or Blue-ray disc.

Exactly. That's coming a LOT sooner than you think. Blu is the unnecessary extra step in DVD obsolescence. Putting the special features on the Blu is just a lame attempt to get us to buy more Blu, all the while screwing those who will HAVE to rebuy everything as downloads anyway just like you that are happy with their standard players. DVD and Blu Ray are the same technology only Blu's a little more advanced. Blu didn't save Suncoast and FYE from tanking... downloads are going to kill the retail store, and adding a fancy premium format isn't going to slow it down in the least.

Alvin

Reaction score
Yep...just wonder of they will do away with all the "bonus" features...or leave that to suckers who still buy the hard copy...but if they go away, wonder if the "bonus" features will too?

Alvin

Reaction score
Bonus features might be on Youtube for a time...but if the actual hard copy of a Blu-ray or DVD goes away there may not be any bonus features....unless they offer them along with the digital download.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Bonus features might be on Youtube for a time...but if the actual hard copy of a Blu-ray or DVD goes away there may not be any bonus features....unless they offer them along with the digital download.
yes the only one that you might not get would be the Comentary.

Dr. Thooth and others I think we are missing the real and true point here. The Muppets are getting out there, and they are getting more then just a little DVD releases with no features what so ever. As the stand point of being a Muppet fan I'm thrilled beyond bed wetting that we get any features at all. Just think if this sells as well as I think it will both DVD and Blu ray this will show Disney that Muppet things sell, and we might some day get Muppet Show season 4.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
yes the only one that you might not get would be the Comentary.

Dr. Thooth and others I think we are missing the real and true point here. The Muppets are getting out there, and they are getting more then just a little DVD releases with no features what so ever. As the stand point of being a Muppet fan I'm thrilled beyond bed wetting that we get any features at all. Just think if this sells as well as I think it will both DVD and Blu ray this will show Disney that Muppet things sell, and we might some day get Muppet Show season 4.
AMEN!!!!!!!

beaker

Reaction score
So pretty much, noone seems to get that Disney actually had to go out of their way to NOT put any special features on the dvd. I know dvd specs, all those special features on the blu ray version would have fit snugly on the specs of the dvd.

None of the people telling us to shut it seem to get that it's not a technical issue, but a ploy issue on the part of Disney. Not to mention bad marketing.

How come it's ok for y'all to whine endlessly about Season 4/5(just download em off torrents...youre gonna be waiting a long time so dont hold your breath) but not about Disney going out of its way to scrooge fans?