Your Muppet holy grail

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I'd love to have a good Rowlf plushie, or a nice Scooter plushie, or a nice Dr. Teeth plushie, or a... you get the point.

I wish it was financially feasible to have a comphrensive Muppet plush line.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Anything Floyd related because of course I pick a minor character with little merchandise to be my favorite -_-

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Oh, come on, Floyd is cool. He delivered one of my all-time favourite Muppet Show lines in the Kaye Ballard episode about the band going on strike: "If I didn't know I was such a genius, I wouldn't listen to the trash I write."

Floyd epitomizes the old comedic maxim that sometimes it's all in the delivery, like the Muppet Show episode where he tells Miss Piggy "Your Feet's Too Big!" because that's the title of the next production number and she's been struggling with her shoes for the previous minute or so.

It's a silly line, but for some reason it works coming out of Floyd's mouth. Kind of like the recent interview clip for The Muppets with him and Janice, where he answers the question "What's the movie about?" with the predictable line "About an hour and a half" and it's still funny because it's Floyd saying it. Even the follow-up, "You see what I did there?" wouldn't work quite as well with another character.

I'm personally thrilled that Matt Vogel seems to have Jerry Nelson's vibe with Floyd these days (in The Muppets, on A Red and Green Christmas - LOVE "The Man With The Bag"! - and in some of the virals and other projects).

Anyway, this is a roundabout way of agreeing that we need more Floyd merchandise. I'd be happy to see the whole Electric Mayhem in plushes, actually.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Hey, man, I'm the resident Floyd fangirl here :stick_out_tongue: I was being sarcastic. I'm also the resident snark :wink:

kyunkyua

Reaction score
A Palisades anything, really. You'd think that be easy, but living in Europe really hikes up the shipping costs...

LouisTheOtter

Reaction score
Hey, man, I'm the resident Floyd fangirl here :stick_out_tongue: I was being sarcastic. I'm also the resident snark :wink:
Nice to meet you! Also cool to see Floyd has a "resident fangirl" on these boards - he deserves one! (I knew you were being sarcastic BTW...just felt like throwing Floyd some props, that's all.)

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'd say The Muppet Show: Season Four, because it's still not out yet. Ask me again after it comes out, and I'll say The Muppet Show: Season 5. Or a box set of every Jim Henson Hour episode (even if it's only the MuppeTelevision portions).

But when it comes to existing collectibles, I'd say Of Muppets and Men. Or the entire Playhouse Video collection. Or the book Jim Henson's Muppet Show Bill. Or Rowlf: Ol' Brown Ears is Back.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
One of the discarded Newsman puppets from the old days, if such a thing even exists. Even if he was "toast," I could use him as a basis to build my own spiffy new one, and he'd go everywhere with me. :news:

----------------

panmanthe2nd

Reaction score
The other thing I would love to have is Jim Henson's autograph.