Everybody Has a Song

We Got Us

Reaction score
>wipes away stray tear< Excellante! Bravo! And I will be back in the near future for a proper review! Meanwhile, hugs and warm blankets and many, many muffins for both Boober and Mostlikemokey who have been through a lot.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Oh my goodness! Glad to see Boober's okay, and it'll be interesting to see how he deals with all this. Thanks for posting.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
SSQQUUEEEE!! I totally love your avatar! Nigel is super-cute!!
Thanks! Nigel's pretty cool. I think he's got a little bit of Fraggle in him, what with the eyes on the top of the head and everything, which is probably why I like him so much.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Thanks! Nigel's pretty cool. I think he's got a little bit of Fraggle in him, what with the eyes on the top of the head and everything, which is probably why I like him so much.
I noticed that too. The reason I probably like him is that a) I always feel sorry for the forgotten characters and Nigel fits that description pretty durn well, and b) He has one of my favorite drippy Jim Henson voices! ...is it a little weird I've picked out certain voices I like? :wink:

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
I noticed that too. The reason I probably like him is that a) I always feel sorry for the forgotten characters and Nigel fits that description pretty durn well, and b) He has one of my favorite drippy Jim Henson voices! ...is it a little weird I've picked out certain voices I like? :wink:
We got us- No, it's not weird. I personally love Cantus' voice.
charlietheowl-Long time no see! Glad you like it!

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Woo-hoo! Two updates in as many days! Don't expect this to be a regular thing.

Chapter 9

Red was bouncing a ball against the cave wall.

“Three hundred thirty-five, 336, 337…”

“Will you stop that?” yelled Gobo. Red threw the ball with even more force. It bounced back and hit her on the nose.

“Serves you right,” said Gobo. “It’ll be your turn to watch Boober soon, don’t get antsy.”

“I’m not antsy,” said Red, picking up her barbells. “How long has Lana been asleep, anyway?”

Gobo looked over at Lana who, being to big to fit into Gobo and Wembley’s sleeping nooks, had collapsed in exhaustion onto a pile of pillows on the floor.

“You know, I don’t blame her for making Boober jump in the mud,” Gobo whispered. “I mean, I do, but not much”.

“Yeah, I know what you mean, “ said Red. Even Mokey hasn’t been too mad at her.”

“I wonder why Mokey’s been so… obsessed with Boober lately,” said Gobo, frustrated. “I mean, what’s he ever done? Laundry? Ha! That’s nothing to someone who’s seen the world, like me!”

Red knew what Gobo meant by those words even if Gobo didn’t, and felt a prick of jealousy towards Mokey. Embarrassed, she nearly dropped the barbells on her feet. Gobo didn’t notice.

A few minutes later, Wembley came barreling into the room.

“Hurry, Hurry, Boober’s awake! “ he said, dashing out again.

“I’ll go get Mokey, ”said Red, running off towards her cave.

“It took several minutes to rouse Lana, but finally she awoke. “I keep out of sight, at least at first, “She said. “Boober needs time to recover before we lay another shocker on him.”

As Gobo started towards Boober’s room, he could hear Wembley getting increasingly exasperated.

“Boober, You’re not gonna die!”

“Yes I will! I’m languishing!”

“Boober-“

“I’m surprised I didn’t catch hypothermia down there!”

“Boober-“

I’ll die!”

“Boober!” Wembley was bellowing now, near tears. “Don’t you know how much we missed you?” Overcome with emotion, he ducked out of the room.

“Now you’ve done it, Boober. We’ve been trying to calm him down.”

“Since when does Wem get so upset? “

“Since we nearly lost you,” said Gobo. “Where’s Mokey?” he called to Red, who had just entered the room.

“She’s coming! She just needed a few minutes to… ah… collect herself,” said Red.

“How long have I been gone?” asked Boober.

Red twisted her left ponytail nervously. “Almost two weeks.”

“WHAT?”

“Boober, calm down, everything’s been taken care of.”

Boober looked at them skeptically. “Laundry?”

“Check, but a few of the things bled.”

“Cooking?”

“Check, but for some reason no one liked it,” said Gobo.

“Yeah, even Large Marvin wouldn’t eat it,” said Red, snickering.

Red!” yelled Gobo.

“Boober?” said a quiet voice.

“M-Mokey?”

Mokey came forward, her walk uncertain, her gaze that of a Fraggle who does not quite believe.

She sat uneasily on Boober’s bed.

“You’re alive,” she said in wonderment.

“Of course he is,” said Red. “Don’t you believe anything I tell you?”

But Boober and Mokey seemed to only have eyes for each other.

“Mokey, have you been crying?” Boober reached up and touched Mokey’s cheek.

“That doesn’t matter now,” she said. “I painted you something. Look up.”

Boober raised his head with great difficulty. He gasped in delight.

Oh…

On the ceiling of Boober’s room, Mokey had painted a large mural of Crystal Cavern. It took Boober some time to tear his eyes away from this precious gift, but finally he did.

“One question,” he said. “Well, two. First, can someone get Wembley back?”

“I’m here, Boober. I just got a little overwhelmed, that’s all.”

“Second, how in the Rock did you rescue me?”

Everyone’s expression suddenly fell.

“You’re probably going to hate us for this,” muttered Red.

“I’m sorry, Boober,” sobbed Mokey. “We had to…”

“What do you mean?”

The Fraggles parted to let Lana through. Boober gasped.

“Hey, Boober,” said Lana sheepishly.

We Got Us

Reaction score
Oh wow oh wow oh wow! No, I won't expect it to be a regular thing, but I sure am loving it!!! Genius mostlikemokey!! :big_grin:

mostlikemokey

Reaction score
Lana's love interest is introduced in this chapter. Don't worry, he's no a main character or an OC. He appears in only one episode (As far as I know) and I thought he needed a backstory. Kudos to you if you can name him and the episode he's from, and let me know if Lna's turning into a Mary Sue.

Although I think I do pretty well...

Chapter 10

“YOU!” screamed Boober. “I should have known. What did you tell them? What do they know?”

Red pursed her lips, but a whimper slipped between them. Showing weakness for the second time in two weeks, she buried her face in her hands.

“Don’t you remember, Boober?” Lana’s voice was a gentle whisper.

“No,” said Boober staunchly, crossing his arms. His memories before waking up for the first time had faded away.

“You were delirious, Boober,” said Wembley, “And you were yelling things about your house burning down.”

“And then we pestered Lana until we found out the rest,” said Gobo. “It wasn’t her fault.”

“Don’t try to stick up for her, Gobo,” said Boober. “She’s reckless- dangerous.”

If he had sounded angry, it would have been a comfort to Lana to know that he was at least asserting himself, but she knew from the way his song thrummed in her ears that he was petrified, scared of the Fraggle who had once been the only thing close to a sister that he had.

“I’m going to see the Trash Heap,” she muttered. “Keep an eye on him.”

0o0
Lana ducked out of the Fraggle hole and walked slowly across the Gorgs’ garden. Gobo had told her that the Fraggles had made peace with the Gorgs, but she didn’t quite believe him. She cast a wary eye over the fields, continuing to walk.

Finally she spotted Philo and Gunge, and scrambled up to them.

“Excuse me, but may I see the Trash Heap, please?”

Philo and Gunge gazed at her sardonically.

“Hey, she looks kind of familiar,” said Gunge. “Think we should let her see Marjory?”

“Nah,” said Philo, “She doesn’t look like she needs help that badly.”

“Boys,” said a voice from the depths of the garbage, “are you shooing visitors away again?”

“Er, You are in the presence of-“

“The all-knowing-“

“The all-seeing-“

“Trash Heap! Nyeah!”

The Trash Heap rose up out of the ground. “Well, hello little Fraggle, have we met before?’

Lana sighed. “Yes.”

“Let me think, where… ah, yes, I remember now, you are Lana Fraggle, cousin to Boober Fraggle, is that right?”

Lana nodded, thinking, I will not cry.

“I am glad that you have returned, though you should have taken my advice and stayed in the first place. Now tell me, what troubles you?”

Lana began her story with a straight face, but by the end she was sobbing. “I don’t know what to do, Madame Heap,” she moaned. “I don’t know what to do.”

“Now, Lana, “ said Marjory, “Are you going to take my advice this time?”

Lana nodded emphatically.

“Listen, I foresee an event that will make Boober realize how dear you are to him. Until that event comes to pass, you are to lay low. Be kind, but do not force him. And by the way, things will work out with Pedley, too."

Lana perked up.“Pedley?”

“The Trash Heap has spoken.”

“Nyeah.”

“Thank you, Madame Heap!” Lana yelled, and the Trash Heap sank back into the ground.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Pedley? Is that the fraggle who was the really good painter that made Mokey jealous?