Fraggle Rock Comics at Taco Bell

Slackbot

Reaction score
Yeah. The first time I went they had a poster showing one set of robots and the "Welcome to Fraggle Rock" book. The time I got the doozer book they had a picture of that one on the poster. Yesterday I checked 'em out again at the food court, but as they still had the poster with the doozer book up I went on by.

beaker

Reaction score
Highlighted to point out the huge absurdity. I have some of the first McDonalds Happy Meal toys (this shows how old I am) and they're basically plastic snap together model kids. But at LEAST they were plastic. I hate the move to activity books and paper products being "kid's meal toys" when they're capable of something so much better...

This was what they gave us in the late 90's.... and that wasn't even a character license... it was their own mascots. I still remember the epic 3 franchise spanning Star Wars toys.

I've never seen the day where the under 3 toy was superior than the rest of the line (though I have the rare under 3 The Rescuers Down Under Bernard figure, and it's so much cooler than the viewers). Too bad this will be the one time it's actually hard to get.
Heh, Im like the world's only Nacho and Dog fan:smile: I have all the Nacho and Dog 1995-1997 Taco Bell toys.

Yeah I notice ALL Taco bell "toys" are now cardboard cutouts, including the new Playstation video game "figures". Un freaking believable. More reasons I hate 2012.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah I notice ALL Taco bell "toys" are now cardboard cutouts, including the new Playstation video game "figures". Un freaking believable. More reasons I hate 2012.
Taco Bell has been having crap toys for like 10+ years now. Nothing new at all. I still fail to see how cardboard cutouts constitute as "toys." It's cheap. Just very very cheap. I know molds and prototypes and all that stuff costs a fortune... but it gives us such wonderfully unique collectibles, often times of TV shows that never see merchandise in stores.

Personally, I'm scoffing at the fact Burger King's big new promotional toy line is that movie about the Whales stuck in the ice. :rolleyes: I can't even make a joke about how ridiculous that is.

mr3urious

Reaction score
Personally, I'm scoffing at the fact Burger King's big new promotional toy line is that movie about the Whales stuck in the ice. :rolleyes: I can't even make a joke about how ridiculous that is.
I fail to see how kids would find a toy line on that interesting. Then again, McDonald's' first Happy Meal tie-in was for Star Trek: The Motion(less) Picture! :big_grin:

Drtooth

Reaction score
I fail to see how kids would find a toy line on that interesting. Then again, McDonald's' first Happy Meal tie-in was for Star Trek: The Motion(less) Picture! :big_grin:
They didn't have toys in that one... they just decorated the boxes with Star Trek characters and themes. I guarantee you if a burger chain had a Star Trek kids meal promotion once they had toys, most of those ordering those Happy Meals would be well over the demographic. I think they had one for the last movie at BK.

But the Whales stuck in ice movie? How do you even make toys of that? Even the Gulliver's Travels toys made sense. This... this is scraping for the splinters on the bottom of the barrel that may have juice soaked in them. They really are getting screwed for licenses, aren't they?

Tom Fraggle

Reaction score
I missed this promotion. If I decide to try to find them, I'll take my chances on Ebay or something later on.