Dealing with depression and anxiety

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Hey I turn 34 tomorrow. No degree, no job, no car, not much money, no wife/girlfriend...but somehow I feel zen and hopeful. Sometimes life turns out a little differently than you had planned. I say "don't worry". And your lucky! A lifetime of muppet viewing has caused me to have burnout, i maybe watch the muppets a few times a year now
1. Happy early birthday!

2. I've only relatively recently got into watching the Muppets (since around last summer), so I've still got a lot to go through (still have a couple movies to go and I'm about to start season 2 of TMS). I try to only watch a couple things a week because I have burnt myself out on things before and I can consume media too fast for my own good if I'm not careful (I have so many albums on my iTunes I've only given a cursory listen to). Plus I find that media is more fun to experience if you can spread it out. It took me a whole year to watch the entire series of Seinfeld and it was amazing.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
There's often nights where Im crippled with anxiety or worry and can't sleep very well. Though I find working out/exercising/running helps.
You're right, I should try that solution more often, lol.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------------------
Not being "established in a career" is the new norm. Thinking otherwise is having one's head in the sand. I've already accepted the fact I don't really have a career, just a string of jobs, most of which served the utilitarian purpose of paying the bills. Maybe one day I'll reach Stephen King status, but I doubt it. But that's okay...I'm balancing doing what I HAVE to with what I WANT to fairly well right now, and for most of us it isn't going to get any better than that!

I'd never move back in with my folks, though. Never. It would be WW3 within a week. I'd room in a tiny spot with uncleanly housemates before I'd -- oh wait, I already am. :wink: Point is, get your own little space, make time to do what you want to while still staying out of debt, and keep in mind most folks have it worse! Seems to me, after being here about a year, that most of the people on this forum have a good strong creative streak of one kind or another, which does tend to go with deep moods and strong passions -- but also raises us above the herd, who will never know anything better than what they have, and dream only of mansions and money. We know better.

(Note: I am open for caretaking of any mansions owned by rich-unhappy types who want to run off and find themselves. If this is you, PM me and we'll talk!) :news:
------------------------

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Roflmao.

After the panic attack at work I had, that was exactly the laugh I needed, thanks. :smile:

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Had a top-level anxiety freakout today, carried over from yesterday, that ended with me skipping a class to lie on my bed while clutching a pillow. If only I wasn't so darned pathetic.

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Had a top-level anxiety freakout today, carried over from yesterday, that ended with me skipping a class to lie on my bed while clutching a pillow. If only I wasn't so darned pathetic.
Hey now, you're not pathetic *hugs*(we need a hugs smilee in the place) I have done that many a time.
Sorry that you had a bad anxiety attack though. They still aren't fun. Did skipping class help any?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Hey now, you're not pathetic *hugs*(we need a hugs smilee in the place) I have done that many a time.
Sorry that you had a bad anxiety attack though. They still aren't fun. Did skipping class help any?
Thanks for your support. Skipping class helped a bit; I texted some of my friends and they helped me out, though I probably scared them in the process. I need to work on picking up warning signs of episodes before they come out in full force.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-----------------
FRAGGLE UP!

Remember: You Are A Fraggle. Approach life (and its challenges) as they would. Silly? Tell me that after it works!

...and try to step back and take a breath and approach any anxiety rationally. Yeah, it'll take a while to get into the habit, but retraining your thoughts really does help. You can do this. Glad you took a break. Now get back out there soldier! *smack on baloobius*
-------------------

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Guh, I nearly Wembled myself into a headache today. I chose to go to diner with some friends instead of running club. Then enitre way there all I could think of was what does that say about my commitments, what if we decided to go to diner next week, then I would have missed running club for nothing, should I give up some of my activities to clear up my schedule and so on and so forth. During the entire time I knew it was totally ludicrous that I was thinking so much about it but still.

Just needed to rant, thanks.