1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

In an extremely dark and difficult situation right now that I can't easily escape for the time being. And it all comes down to my inability to handle my anxiety in the face of cruel people. My friends and family try to make me feel better but their sympathies only seem to serve to underline just how awful the situation is, which doesn't really help much, heh. And it's only going to start all over again tomorrow.
  2. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Oh no heralde, I'm sorry (if that counts for anything). I'm not sure what's going on but I understand dealing with cruel people. I'll be praying for you.
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I'm sorry Heralde that you're going through this, it sounds rather hard. Hopefully today will be better for you.
  4. charlietheowl

Apologies for double-posting, but I am having a hard time at work today. I am in the process of switching medications, tapering off one while starting another, and it's thrown me for a loop today. I am just agitated and anxious and there is no reason why. Hopefully this will pass over the next couple of days.
  5. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

-----------
    Hang in there Chris. Keep reminding yourself there isn't anything to stress over and take deep breaths...

Heralde, sorry people are being cruel to you. Think, though: this means only that they are lesser people, too wrapped up in their own insecure BS to be proper humans. (Assuming the species has redeeming qualities.) It ain't you...it's THEM. Pity them.
    --------------
  6. heralde

Thanks guys. :) Yesterday was a bit better; I'm probably going to start looking into counseling for myself as far as relieving anxiety. I just think it would make my life a lot easier overall. ; )

Good luck; I hope things settle down soon. These things always come and go in waves. But they do eventually go. :)
  7. charlietheowl

I feel much better today. I got a very nice night's sleep last night and then took a walk today since it is beautiful out. Those things always help.
    heralde likes this.
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit

I dunno what's going on but today I've been feeling really down for no reason. Had a really great day at Kung Fu then the moment I left just started feeling sad and like I have no direction for today.
  9. heralde

Maybe it's just the fall out from having a really positive time and then having to see it end. That's the reaction I often have; the pendulum just swings.
    Gonzo's Hobbit likes this.
  10. Gonzo's Hobbit

That makes sense. I know I've gotten that way before. I think it just blindsided me a little today.
  11. heralde

I've mentioned this a few times here, if I have a really good day, like a birthday, very often I will have a nightmare that night, and a really awful one at that, lol.
  12. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    Waiting for the other shoe to drop. Never fun. I'm lucky; only happened to me a handful of times...but I know the worse your life has been, the less you trust good times. How about...be cautiously happy?

----------------
  13. heralde

It was really bad again yesterday. I keep trying to tell myself that I shouldn't get so gripped by anxiety over nasty people but I really can't control it sometimes. Not sure how I'm going to get through the day.
  14. charlietheowl

I'm sorry. It can be hard dealing with nasty people, but I guess all you can do is try to take some deep breaths and go on. I hope you get through the day all right.
  15. Gonzo's Hobbit

It is okay to ask what's going on heralde?
  16. heralde

Thanks guys. Well I got through another day anyway. I don't really like to get into personal stuff online too much, just my policy, but I appreciate the support. :)
  17. Gonzo's Hobbit

Sounds like a good policy. Glad you got through another day. Hope the next one fares well.
  18. charlietheowl

Feeling really anxious this morning, and I had been doing very good the past week keeping myself under control. Hope this passes.
  19. heralde

I hope things eased up a bit, just have faith that you have been doing a good job and you know what to do in these situations. :)
    charlietheowl likes this.
  20. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

My anxiety had been fine for a while, but, since Friday my anxiety has been really high and well, its because on Friday I went to take my written drivers test and failed for the second time and I didn't fail because I didn't know the material, I failed because I was given 10 minutes to do 50 questions and time ran out, plus the lady who directed me to the computer never told me to put on the headphones there which read the questions to you! I cried for the longest time on Friday and pretended to be better a few hours later and have pretended to feel fine since then when I don't feel fine at all. I feel inferior because my best friend drives and so do many other of my friends and the ones who don't drive have recently gotten their permits. I feel stupid and slow. Also, I didn't like how rude the DMV ladies were! I'm very big on lets forget it and move on, but, I can't forget this, I feel sorry for myself and am wollowing in self-pty because I never had my chance to when this 'wound' per say was fresh. I just want to cry and let it out some more, but when I start everyone who sees me tells me not to cry, well, I NEED TO! I'd also like to scream, but I can't do that for several reasons, the main one being that I don't want nodes on my vocal chords (I have done my share of screaming over the years, trust me)
    I feel my heart in my throat and just really don't want to deal with anything right now and what's getting me more worked up is my dad's need to move my stuff! I said I would clean my room and that means I will, he moved things to places where they should never be, such as my make-up cases, they should NEVER be placed under the sink because if it leaks that's alot of MY money going to waste and I'll have to replace it all! Not just that, but, he also feels the need to open my door a crack, not to enter my room or anything but, I have my door shut all the way and then next thing I know, it gets opened the slightest bit and I hear my dad's footsteps outside.Igetthat he means well, but, all I WANT IS SOME SPACE! I need to experience my emotions, let it ALL out and then feel free to bother me about anything! Let me get back to functioning correctly and then we'll talk! GAH!