Dealing with depression and anxiety

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
NOOOORM!

Sorry. Hadda do it. :smile:

Glad you're getting help and that it does seem to be helping! I feel counselling works only if the counselor and the counselee can build a rapport of some kind...something completely distrustful me was never able to do. Kudos!

And to RedPiggy: sorry you're having nasty dreams (night terrors?). That happens to me usually when I'm especially stressed or just exhausted. I have yet to find a preventative -- even focusing on nice things before I fall asleep doesn't always work. Wishing you find a good solution -- and get better sleep!
-----------------

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Glad you're getting help and that it does seem to be helping! I feel counselling works only if the counselor and the counselee can build a rapport of some kind...something completely distrustful me was never able to do. Kudos!
Thank you very much! 'tis a monster to have to deal with such things, but someday I'll be better because of all this help, I presume.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
And to RedPiggy: sorry you're having nasty dreams (night terrors?). That happens to me usually when I'm especially stressed or just exhausted. I have yet to find a preventative -- even focusing on nice things before I fall asleep doesn't always work.
As bizarre as it sounds, if I have a really great day when I'm really happy, it's almost guaranteed I'll have a nightmare that night. And not just any nightmare but the worst ones my mind can...well dream up! I think it's just my personality, I'm afraid to let my guard down and think things are going fine and I actually in a weird way feel more comfortable when I'm worried about things. It's crazy, lol.

Hey now I'm reminded of that old '80s song from one of the Nightmare on Elm Street movies, lol:

"I lie awake and dread the lonely nights
I'm not alone...
I wonder if these heavy eyes can face the unknown
When I close my eyes I realize
You'll come my way
I'm standing in the night alone
Forever, together
With the Dream Warriors
Don't wanna dream no more
With the Dream Warriors
And maybe tonight
Maybe tonight you'll be gone."

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Well, my surgery's tomorrow morning but thanks to prayer, I'm not feeling so anxious. Thanks, guys, it means alot. :smile: I could still use it tomorrow too. Hopefully, I'm not too anxious and worried...

newsmanfan

Reaction score
---------------
Hey Bananasketch, let us know how it went! Hope your recovery period is short, uneventful, and as pain-free as possible! :smile:

-------------------

charlietheowl

Reaction score
In my depressed state last week, I managed to forget to hand in some important paperwork for school. Oops. I've been having trouble keeping on top of things for awhile. Now I have to either go to the registrar's office and explain my condition, or go to my school's center for students with disabilities and see if they can help me. Nothing too exciting for the ol' self-esteem either way, but you have to do what you have to do I guess.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
Well, it beats the old "my frog ate my homework" bit....

Hang in there. :sympathy:
----------------

charlietheowl

Reaction score
--------------
Well, it beats the old "my frog ate my homework" bit....

Hang in there. :sympathy:
----------------
Thank you. I hate to monopolize this thread, but it helps to talk about these things with other people. I can't burden my friends all the time- I feel like I've been taking so much from them recently in terms of time and support, and that I've given relatively less in return. So talking to you guys really helps me out.

I have managed to string together a couple good days in a row, mainly because the weekend's kept me busy (pre-Super Bowl food shopping, writing, went to see my UConn men's basketball team smash up Seton Hall, watched a movie/assorted other college ball with my friends). One day at a time.