1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

Oh charlie I'm sorry *hugs*
    I can't help you too much except to say I'm praying for you and am always here to talk if you want.
  2. mostlikemokey

mostlikemokey Active Member

Don't give up. I can tell from your forum posts that you are a very nice person. I know that these types of problems can be difficult to deal with. Never doubt your value, and know that there are people out there that care. Don't be hard on yourself. I hope you feel better soon. *hugs* Hope I didn't accidentally offend you with my advice.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  3. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

--------------
    Charlie, hoping you can find a real support group for the panic attacks. I can only imagine how difficult it is NOT to panic when faced with an unexpected small crisis. All I can offer is...keep trying to remind yourself it's not the end of the world, that there usually IS a rational solution which you can effect if you slow down and think about it. I know this is far easier said than done...but try to keep it in the back of your head. Reason has never steered me wrong, and I hope it may serve you well too.

Rooting for ya, kid! :coy:
    ---------------
  4. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

When it's hard, you just have to push through and behave as though you are in control, even if it doesn't feel like it. Like Richard Hunt said to Caroll Spinney, "Pretend you can dance." ;)
    newsmanfan likes this.
  5. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I appreciate all of your advice and kind words. It's sometimes hard for me to deal with these issues, but the only thing I really can do is keep going and keep trying. Hope everyone's doing well today.
    heralde likes this.
  6. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

I hope you're ok, charlie.
  7. Fersureitsjess

Fersureitsjess Active Member

I've been there and it sucks! I hope you feel better!
  8. charlietheowl

Been having a hard time today. My younger sister had a friend over this afternoon and she said some really hurtful things about me and my life up at college, and I felt too flustered and anxious to defend myself or really even say anything. It left me in a very uncomfortable spot.
  9. Gonzo's Hobbit

That's awful when people do stuff like that. Sorry that she did that Chris.
  10. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

---------------
    Calm approach: explain your state's hate-crime laws to her.

Passionate approach: headlock, noogie, lock in closet for 8 hours...well, no, just kidding.

Maybe only five hours.
    ---------------
  11. DramaQueenMokey

DramaQueenMokey Well-Known Member

I just came off of having a panic attack, I'm still upset but, I'm not hyperventalating like crazy anymore, the lovely woman that is my soon-to-be step-mom helped to talk me down. I scared my dad with having my panic attack which I felt only made it worse. I mean, I understand he's scared about my health, but, he really doesn't understand what happens during those episodes. There are so few people that understand what I go through, thankfully Andrea (my soon-to-be step-mom) understands, as she has anxiety and gets panic attacks too. She explained to me that its possible for those attacks to hit out of nowhere because quite frankly, it did. I was having a perfectly fine and dandy afternoon when at around 6, the bad feelings hit me. She's talking to my dad now. I've been crying for a good while now, but, she says it'll stop soon and I hope so because I need to get to bed amd I don't think I can take a mental health day at school instead of coming back from break tomorrow :(
  12. Gonzo's Hobbit

Oh dear DQM, that doesn't sound like fun at all. *hugs* Glad your soon-to-be stepmom was able to help. I hope it gets better for school tomorrow.
    DramaQueenMokey likes this.
  13. DramaQueenMokey

Thanks <3 I am getting calmer, did some writing to de-stress, it helped a lot :)
  14. charlietheowl

Hope you're feeling better this morning DQM and are getting through school okay.
  15. DramaQueenMokey

Thanks Chris, I actually ended up not going to school because I had another panic attack and it got so bad that I couldn't get ready that I was shaking so much. I've stopped crying at this point though, so, that's good news.
  16. charlietheowl

Aw, that's too bad. I'm sorry. Hope you're feeling better now.
  17. charlietheowl

I've been having a hard time lately and my therapist referred me to a nurse-practitioner in my town to get my medication reevaluated, as he said it was not working for me. Only problem is I can't see the practitioner until two weeks from now, so I have to muddle through with my old medicine for another two weeks. It's hard for me to stay focused at my summer job now because I get so anxious. Very frustrating.
  18. DramaQueenMokey

I know exactly how you feel, I called a help line to help and stop my panic attack and now that I'm better they also told me 'oh talk to your therapist' and I can't see her until Saturday, and she can prescribe me medication (she has a degree and such for that), but, its still rough going through the same struggle. I know how you feel, and that the muddling through feeling sucks, I'm here for you :)
  19. charlietheowl

Thanks. I'm feeling a bit better now that I'm at home, but I'm still not pleased about having to wait two weeks to get anything adjusted or changed. I suppose there is nothing I can do about it, but it's annoying.
  20. DramaQueenMokey

I'm glad I could help, if even just a little bit. I know how annoying waiting for help is and can be, really. I mean, I get that doctors are busy with other patients, but, if something really is urgent they should be better about taking the urgency into consideration.