1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Dealing with depression and anxiety

Discussion in 'Friends and Family' started by charlietheowl, Dec 30, 2011.

Buy the Muppets Most Wanted Blu-ray and Save 43%!

1. newsmanfan

newsmanfan Well-Known Member

Yeeesh. Fingers crossed! And, um, toes. I have weird toes. Possibly they bring good luck to OTHER people... I wonder if there's anyplace in this country where you could work/live which doesn't have bad pollen/road dust/constant construction? Might be worth looking into, at least, for future plans... I can't imagine being unable to breathe like that. As a child I was terrified of drowning, but I've only had the wind knocked out of me once...you have to deal with that sensation on a regular basis. Let me know if there's anything which makes it better that I could do. :sympathy:

To Sgt Floyd: very good advice has already been tossed your way here. I'll agree: social life, while it can be enjoyable and even rewarding, is certainly not the be-all end-all of college. You will likely find someone in a class which you really enjoy who shares some of your interests, and go from there. That's a far better approach than deliberately "trying to make friends" or, frog help ya, trying to "get" a boyfriend! Ignore anyone, parents included, who insists you "should" do either of those. Focus on your studies first (yeah, there is enough time to pull off at least a B average, and possibly a low A), and things that actually interest you second...friends will flow naturally out of that. Maybe next semester, try to take at least one "easy-A" course to bring up your GPA -- but make sure it's something you actually like and the prof isn't a jerk or an idiot. Hang in there. :)
    ------------------
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

I thought music appreciation was going to be one of those -_-

I can't actually take any elective. My major is already about 15 hours more than most majors, MA counted towards a required art class
  3. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

Just having a very hard time today. I can tell that one of my depressive episodes is beginning to start, and I had been doing very well the past couple of weeks. Hopefully I can stay afloat without feeling too low.
  4. newsmanfan

--------------
    Keep busy. Idle hours only help depression.

----------------
  5. Gonzo's Hobbit

Gonzo's Hobbit Well-Known Member

I'll be praying that it doesn't get too bad charlie.
    charlietheowl likes this.
  6. charlietheowl

Thanks. I took some time this afternoon to calm myself down and I think I was able to do the trick, but I'll really see tomorrow morning.
  7. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

I've struggled with depression my whole adult life. The only thing that's helped so far is medication. But it isn't 100% effective all the time.
  8. Gonzo's Hobbit

Sorry to hear that Space Muppet. This is a great place to come if you need to talk stuff out.
  9. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

Thanks, very kind of ya!
  10. charlietheowl

I've found that medication is only part of the solution, and that it needs to be combined with things like therapy, talking with friends, and stuff like that. But it can be disheartening when medication doesn't help.
  11. Space Muppet

Space Muppet New Member

Indeed! It also helps to have projects, hobbies to work on to pass the time.
    beatnikchick300 likes this.
  12. Lola p

Lola p Well-Known Member

i woke up today, fell out of bed, broke my glasses, and stubbed my toe. so i guess it has not been a good day... :mad:
  13. Teheheman

Teheheman Well-Known Member

I listened to this song earlier today(Granted, it WAS a better version than this, but the only other version I saw was a promo for Rock Band Relief but I'll post it if anybody wants me to) and I thought of this thread. Hope y'all like this song, and if it inspires ONE person here not to give up, then the job is done. Just spreadin the love.
    "When the world says to give up, hope whispers 'Try One More Time'

Daniel
  14. Beakerfan

Beakerfan Active Member

Hey guys. I'm having a bit of a breakdown this evening and could use some prayers. I'd rather not go too much into things, but let's just say I'm feeling very alone tonight. I haven't slept in a few days, and I really need a shoulder to lean on. Just keep me in your thoughts tonight.
  15. charlietheowl

I hope you made it through the evening all right and are doing better this morning.
  16. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

I hope you're feeling better, don't be afraid to vent, that's what the thread is for. :)
  17. newsmanfan

---------------
    I don't pray, but you have my best wishes for solace and peace, Beakerfan. Hope the world looks a little brighter today.

-------------
  18. Gonzo's Hobbit

Praying for ya Beakerfan. I hope you're able to sllep soon, that usually seems to help quite a bit. But I hope you're able to shake the way you're feeling.
  19. Zeliboba

Zeliboba Member

This forum looks nicer and nicer the more I search around.

Wishing you all the best Beakerfan, hope all your troubles go away real soon.
  20. charlietheowl

Been having a very hard time again lately. I feel like my anxiety problem has gotten to the point where I am no longer in control, and that's discouraging to me. It's very challenging to deal with.