Dealing with depression and anxiety

Bannanasketch

Reaction score
Thanks for the prayers and thoughts, guys! I really appreciate it! It means a lot to know that I have friends here on the forums that I can count on. And Drtooth, I'm praying that your life can turn around and that good fortune is sent your way.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
----------------
I don't pray, but you have my good wishes for an easy ride through what is undoubtedly a painful and difficult surgery, Bananasketch. BTW I LOVE your screenname...always makes me think of hysterical laughter which poor Kermit can't share!
-------------------

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
That's awesome that you can make phone calls. That always seems weird for me to do. You feeling any better? Did the phone calls help?
I normally HATE making phone calls, but these calls were to close family members. My dad lives several states away right now, and I usually call him when I'm having an "episode." It helps a lot!

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I've just been so anxious over the past few days, and it's incredibly frustrating. The littlest thing can set me off and then there's no telling how worried I'll get and subsequently how depressed I'll make myself. I feel like an emotional invalid because I can't get through a day lately without driving myself up a wall. I'm going to call my therapist this afternoon and make an appointment, but I don't know how much that's going to help. I know that dealing with depression and anxiety is going to be a long-term thing, but it's really hard because I can't do the things that I used to do anymore.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Maybe mine is fatigue. I wake up in the middle of the night and daydream really dark and depressing stuff. It sometimes keeps me up for a couple of hours at least. Of course, what with it being night and all, maybe it's the lighting (or lack thereof).

charlietheowl

Reaction score
So I cut a class today go to my school's infirmary to discuss my anxiety, and then they sent me the school's on-call therapist, and then we had a nice discussion. I also made an appointment with the medication nurse for tomorrow and my regular therapist for next week. I feel better, but exhausted. I'm also probably going to become like the counseling center's Norm Peterson with all my visits. :sigh:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
It might feel like crap to be a regular, but on the other hand, those people will get to know you, which makes care more efficient than always having to start at square one with someone else.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
It might feel like crap to be a regular, but on the other hand, those people will get to know you, which makes care more efficient than always having to start at square one with someone else.
Hey it's better than people who let these problems fester and grow worse over time.
I definitely understand that, and I'm glad to be getting the help I need. However, I have a nasty vain streak, and sometimes I feel embarrassed that I need all the help. I've always liked to do things on my own, so sometimes it's hard to say 'hey I can't do this". But vanity is a small price to pay for getting help.