The dark day of Valentines Day is upon us...

Drtooth

Reaction score
Yeah, but better everyone get one than everyone but YOU get one, am I right?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I have actually always hated that about Valentines Day. I've always found valentines kinda insulting. I have never received what I would consider a sincere valentine. Yeah. Great. Thank you for the wonderful 2x3 bit of cardboard with spiderman on it that you gave to everyone. You must really care :smirk:
Exactly, and as far as I remember, that never happened to anyone in my class when I was a kid. But then around 6th grade we stopped giving out the generic valentines and suddenly it became "pay 50 cents to send one particular person a personalized valentine." Lol. Though I was lucky to have made a very good friend who spent the money, hehe. :halo:

How true that is.
Lol. :stick_out_tongue:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You are right about that :stick_out_tongue:
Exactly, and as far as I remember, that never happened to anyone in my class when I was a kid. But then around 6th grade we stopped giving out the generic valentines and suddenly it became "pay 50 cents to send one particular person a personalized valentine." Lol. Though I was lucky to have made a very good friend who spent the money, hehe. :halo:
Never got any of those. Although a past teacher sent me a halloween one.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
My high school had those cards for Valentines Day, Halloween, and Christmas. I guess getting one for Halloween is better than nothing lol

Ozymandias

Reaction score
Is it a compliment if random dudes start talking to you or a sign of desperation? I don't know what on earth makes me approachable or makes it okay for them to ask for my number when I've only just met them, it freaks me out and then I get nervous and try to politely end the conversation while I'm in my head wondering why this guy's even talking to me.
Blackaerin, you've got to be secretly related to me or something. 0_0 The exact same thing's been happening to me over the last two years at completely random times and in the most random places, like that guy on the bus over a year ago who gave me his phone number without evven asking my name, the cheek. Or more recently, with the creepy "I like this girl!" dude in the hallway at school. Fortunately, one thing that I've learned is that if a guy starts talking to you and asking for your number almost right away/you're getting serious creeper vibes, just excuse yourself and walk away. If he starts following you, go to the nearest group of people you can (if they're people you can trust, so much the better) and stick with them. It's worked out for me fairly well so far. :smile:

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Is it a compliment if random dudes start talking to you or a sign of desperation? I don't know what on earth makes me approachable or makes it okay for them to ask for my number when I've only just met them, it freaks me out and then I get nervous and try to politely end the conversation while I'm in my head wondering why this guy's even talking to me.
For the first 30 years of my life, that sort of thing had never happened to me - UNTIL a few months ago. I was doing my job and some guy comes up wanting my email address or phone number or something. I was completely shocked and didn't know how to react. It's not like I had experience to pull from, LOL. Anyway, I just kinda brushed him off as politely as I could. I have to assume that any guy that would just come up to me like that can't be trusted, or something is obviously wrong with him. I've never seen you before in my life, guy :stick_out_tongue:

Anyway, I just don't care about V-day anymore. There's no point in pining for something you're never going to experience yourself - at least with a person who isn't creepy.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Has anyone watched Google's logo video thingy? Its really sweet.

a_Mickey_Muppet

Reaction score
im kinda often asked why Valentines Day is one of my fav. holidays! My first answer of course is because its sweet and i live my life with the decisions my heart makes first...I look at the day as not materialistic but as a day to gently remind us that the other 364 days of the year we forgot to say "I LOVE YOU".

newsmanfan

Reaction score
Yes yall i still don't care for Valentines Day...but i'm single this Year....any Single puppet lovin Girls Out there?
Why yes! I AM already in love with a Muppet! Thanks! :news:
----------------------