TV Alert: Muppets at the 84th Academy Awards on ABC

Drtooth

Reaction score
So... am I the only one who caught Kermit referencing "Studebaker" and laughing at that nod to the first film? A great appearance, too bad it was so short. Did NOT like that lame Cirque du Solame thing (they should have performed both songs instead)... and I have to admit, it was kinda... depressing the whole thing had to be a commercial for going out to see the movies. But there's no0 mistaking how great we all feel that the Muppets FINALLY got a well deserved Best Song Award.

I mean really? You went with Norma Rae over Rainbow Connection? Really?!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I didn't watch all of it, but I caught Kermit and Miss Piggy's scene and stopped watching after Man or Muppet won. It's a shame Kermit and Miss Piggy didn't do anything during the acceptance speech.

And is it me or did it seem it took the slowest amount of time to announce the best song winner? I know, that's the most exciting award to us this year, but still, seems it took forever for it to be read and announced. And the acceptance speech seemed to be one of the shortest (but then again, I usually hate the acceptance speeches... If I ever win an Oscar I plan to just go up, take the award, and go back to my seat).

The scene with Kermit and Miss Piggy wasn't that great. Kermit mentioned his first time at the movies, contradicting Kermit's Swamp Years where his first trip to the movies was shown to be in an actual movie theater. And now I know the inspiration for Cirque du So Lame.

Alvin

Reaction score
The whole show was boring and stupid...and they let Circue Du so lame perform but not let the nominated songs perform. It was a poorly produced show. Heck any of us could have done better!

DannyRWW

Reaction score
The whole show was boring and stupid...and they let Circue Du so lame perform but not let the nominated songs perform. It was a poorly produced show. Heck any of us could have done better!
To be fair I liked Billy Crystal as host but even he seemed taken aback by some things like Cirque and the fact that Harry Potter did not win a single award (He made an odd comment about how the last of the Harry Potter movies came out this year right after it lost the last award it was nominated for)

Drtooth

Reaction score
It seemed like they blew the budget and time for very idiotic things, that performance of the Cirque being one of them. That time would better have been spent performing Man or Muppet and that other thing live. I really didn't get the point of it... how is some guy in the front row pulling his leg over his head like "the experience of going to the movies?"

Plus, I wish they'd retire that "I'm in every movie that was nominated for an Oscar" opening. It's just so predictable.

Bill did as good a job as he could, some of the presenters were good too... but it was just dreadfully dull for the most part.

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Plus, I wish they'd retire that "I'm in every movie that was nominated for an Oscar" opening. It's just so predictable.
Could not agree more. Although isn't that what Hollywood is so good at - remakes? :sigh: