Videos: Deleted Scene and Bloopers from "The Muppets" Blu-ray

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Look, we get it, you're not happy that the features are on Blu-ray, you hate Blu-ray in general, and you didn't like the movie. But please, please stop posting things like this and taking away from other fans enjoyment of the movie and excitement for the bonus features. What you're doing isn't helping anyone but yourself. I'm not saying that your opinions are in any way invalid--I understand and sympathize--but you are preaching to the wrong choir and you're keeping people from being excited about new Muppet content... which is wrong.
How is he keeping people from being excited? You shouldn't let what others say that doesnt affect you directly ruin your mood. Still, I understand how tiring it can be to see the same things spouted again and again (and everyone is guilty of it from one time to another :wink: )
It appears that the iTunes Extra version of the movie will have the blooper reel and the making-of.

Yeah.
How much is the itunes version anyway?

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
How is he keeping people from being excited? You shouldn't let what others say that doesnt affect you directly ruin your mood.
True I mean I have friends who didn't like the movie that much, but we just agree to disagree and move on. And as much I enjoyed the movie, Beaker always does have good points about what the movie could have been.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Well I refuse to buy a blu ray player just to get a movie.
Same here. There's a little thing called the economy and right now it's broken. :ouch:

I rather save my cash to get Being Elmo when its officially out, a much more entertaining Muppet film I feel.
As much as I enjoyed The Muppets (2011), if I were forced to choose I would probably buy Being Elmo on DVD instead. It was very inspirational and interesting and hey how many documentaries feature Richard Hunt so much? Hehe :wink:

But if other people want to buy The Muppets, that's fine of course. This debate isn't so much about this particular movie but about the big Blu Ray scam that's affecting all movies.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
By the way, thanks to Ryan for pointing me to the wide assortment of very inexpensive Blu-ray players. I imagined it would be $200+ but they had some as low as $60 and there wasn't even a sale on! I went with a $100 Sony brand since they're the ones who are behind Blu-ray, but i was very happy to replace the tweaky DVD player I purchased 16 months ago at the same price! I'm ecstatic about my new Blu-ray player. I'd been waiting for years to have a good reason to finally buy one and Disney just provided that. Everything else to me is noise. I can't wait for the catalog of Muppet movies to hit Blu!!!

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I may still get the blu ray one just because I at least have something to watch it on. Its my birthday. I'm not paying for it :stick_out_tongue:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I may still get the blu ray one just because I at least have something to watch it on. Its my birthday. I'm not paying for it :stick_out_tongue:
Lol, exactly. If it was a gift, I'd be more than happy to accept. But my own money has to stay with me right now, lol. :wink:

beaker

Reaction score
My gripe is that people are unwilling to acknowledge that Disney went out of their way to deliberately screw dvd owners. Even Frogboy acknowedges its a ploy to get people to give up dvds.

Same here. There's a little thing called the economy and right now it's broken. :ouch:

As much as I enjoyed The Muppets (2011), if I were forced to choose I would probably buy Being Elmo on DVD instead. It was very inspirational and interesting and hey how many documentaries feature Richard Hunt so much? Hehe :wink:

But if other people want to buy The Muppets, that's fine of course. This debate isn't so much about this particular movie but about the big Blu Ray scam that's affecting all movies.
It's on netflix now, but I want to own the actual dvd and enjoy any features it has. Words cannot express the emotional impact and specialness of it. Any true Muppet fan needs to see it, as there's so many rare Muppet/Dark Crystal/LabyrinthSesame clips, footage/pictures/stories involving Jim, Frank, Kermit Love, Hunt, etc. I knew Clash had an incredible journey, but I was just blown away by it. There's even some Kermit and Jim clips I had never seen before. I know I've voices my displeasure in how ubiquitous Elmo has become, but there's no denying the character has deeply resonated and connected on so many levels with kids be they inner city, suburban or worldwide.

It's funny everyone I took to see the Muppets 2011 liked it more than I did, the 3 decade plus hardcore fan:smile: So Im very happy it did what it needed to do, but I hope the next film is not a sequel and gets back to the grassroots independent realism and magic of the first three.

Im still waiting to see what Disney has in store merchandise and other means. Hopefully an announcement will come by spring.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
It's on netflix now, but I want to own the actual dvd and enjoy any features it has. Words cannot express the emotional impact and specialness of it. Any true Muppet fan needs to see it, as there's so many rare Muppet/Dark Crystal/LabyrinthSesame clips, footage/pictures/stories involving Jim, Frank, Kermit Love, Hunt, etc. I knew Clash had an incredible journey, but I was just blown away by it. There's even some Kermit and Jim clips I had never seen before. I know I've voices my displeasure in how ubiquitous Elmo has become, but there's no denying the character has deeply resonated and connected on so many levels with kids be they inner city, suburban or worldwide.
Yup, just found it on Netflix recently which is great. Now the documentary has not changed my cynical view of Elmo's World, heh, but I loved Kevin's overall story. It's very inspirational, particularly for young people starting out their careers. You will likely encounter a lot of setbacks, but you can't let that defeat you. :smile:

And yeah there were a lot of photos of Jim and Richard I'd never seen before which is always nice and it was great getting to know Kermit Love better.