Videos: Deleted Scene and Bloopers from "The Muppets" Blu-ray

beaker

Reaction score
Agreed. All I'm saying.

Way to fend off against piracy. No wonder they wanted SOPA to pass so bad.
I think it's also now more a political issue. I just don't like feeling pressured to buy a blu ray. I have an absolutely amazing dvd collection I've worked hard on for over 12 years. Unlike vhs, dvds last indefinitely if handled properly(most used or rental games, used cds or dvds are rarely taken care of) and I just dont see the need for a blu ray. Especially since my dvds arent going to look any different on a blu ray player with the tv i have.

Every single extra Ive seen on trailer addict has blown me away, and even tho I had mixed feelings on the film, I woulda gladly paid $20-$25 for a dvd if it had all those. I more than understand blu ray specific features like popups/further exploration/live/etc stuff wouldnt be on it. But there is ZERO reason other than greed why they couldnt all be on the dvd. They did this SAME thing with the Tron releases.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I just don't like feeling pressured to buy a blu ray.
It does come down to "we control what you buy." It's pretty creepy actually. Not that it's anything new. And obviously they're not the only ones doing it. But the working and middle class have really come under attack lately on all fronts and this just feels like the latest.

DarthGonzo

Reaction score
Gahhhhhh. Seeing this is maddening, as this looks like the ultimate deleted scene/extra. THIS is what I was hoping the movie would have been more like. I actually envisioned a nifty office scene for a muppet film idea http://www.traileraddict.com/trailer/the-muppets/dvd-bonus-extended-scene
Ok wow. Kermit, Scooter, Gonzo, Fozzie and Rowlf together. Bantering back and forth. Comfortable with each other and just acting natural. Everyone (except Rizzo but I'm willing to forgive that) has something to say and it doesn't feel like anyone is in the background because no one is comfortable performing them yet. Basically five of the most important Muppet character sharing time together in a way that we really haven't seen since Henson died.

THIS is something we need to see more often and something I wish we could have seen a little more of in the movie. And the best part is that this IS something we can see more often, considering each of these characters is now played by a different performer.

beaker

Reaction score
Ok wow. Kermit, Scooter, Gonzo, Fozzie and Rowlf together. Bantering back and forth. Comfortable with each other and just acting natural. Everyone (except Rizzo but I'm willing to forgive that) has something to say and it doesn't feel like anyone is in the background because no one is comfortable performing them yet. Basically five of the most important Muppet character sharing time together in a way that we really haven't seen since Henson died.

THIS is something we need to see more often and something I wish we could have seen a little more of in the movie. And the best part is that this IS something we can see more often, considering each of these characters is now played by a different performer.
Seeing that scene is deeply surreal for me. In 2002 I posted a screenplay synopsis for a new Muppet film. The opening of the movie was set in a high rise office where all the Muppets were busy in a madcap type scene.

I literally think they could have kept on filming, and have made a completely different(but more enjoyably indie and real) film with hardly any budget worries. Some movies have shot so much side footage, they ended up releasing a whole separate movie(Anchorman/Ron Burgandy, Smoke/Blue in the Face, etc) I know the office scene isn't an actual deleted scene, but that single minute of footage grabbed me in ways that a lot of the actual film failed to...as spectacular and well meaning a lot of it was executed.
I just want to see a really natural, almost independent movie type Muppet film experience without glitter, glitz and whiz bam ADHD modern concerns.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
A review of the Blu-Ray lists the deleted scenes. Off-hand, I recall the deleted scene "titles" being (and paraphrased): Walter's Nightmare, A Hero in LA, Life's a Happy Song Missing Verse, Strip Mall Awards, Muppets in Jail, some Credit Card scene, Bowling for Beaker, and Extended Muppet Telethon Opening & More!

Hmm, the "and more" part of the extended telethon opening is intrigueing... I wonder if it's meant to be several deleted scenes on one deleted scene chapter stop... Or a montage of small unimportant deleted scenes... We have a week to find out.

It looks like we won't be getting the full flashback scene where Kermit and Piggy have a falling out... And if the Bunsen and Beaker scene was originally longer it looks like we won't get to see it on the DVD.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I'm just gonna throw my two sense in and say personally for me and I'm just speaking for me I can't speak for anyone else in that I honestly don't really care about what bonus' or extras are on the Blu-ray or DVD all I care about is a good Muppet movie. The Muppets are back and that's what I am personally excited about. I have found plenty of extra goodies on Youtube and Google to satisfy me. And I've been wanting a Blu-ray player for awhile now so for me this just gives me more of an incentive to get one being that I am a HUGE Muppet fan like everyone else is. I mainly want it for the picture quality. I tend to go for more of the interviews then behind the scenes stuff anyways. Just throwing my opinion out there.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
A review of the Blu-Ray lists the deleted scenes. Off-hand, I recall the deleted scene "titles" being (and paraphrased): Walter's Nightmare, A Hero in LA, Life's a Happy Song Missing Verse, Strip Mall Awards, Muppets in Jail, some Credit Card scene, Bowling for Beaker, and Extended Muppet Telethon Opening & More!

Hmm, the "and more" part of the extended telethon opening is intrigueing... I wonder if it's meant to be several deleted scenes on one deleted scene chapter stop... Or a montage of small unimportant deleted scenes... We have a week to find out.

It looks like we won't be getting the full flashback scene where Kermit and Piggy have a falling out... And if the Bunsen and Beaker scene was originally longer it looks like we won't get to see it on the DVD.
Can you watch the Kermit and Piggy scene on youtube?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I'm going to give my thoughts on all of the deleted scenes on the blu-ray, and provide a rating system, with five stars being the best.
  • Walter's Extended Nightmare - four stars
    I'm unsure as to whether I'd prefer the full scene to be in the movie. It would have given us more Muppet content early on before waiting almost ten minutes to get back to the familiar characters, but it does seem a little bit much. Maybe I'd give it a five star rating if a few obscure characters were thrown in for good measure. In fact, if they didn't want to ignore Uncle Dealdey's past with the Muppets, they could have put him in this scene, to establish him as a Muppet.
  • "Life's a Happy Song" missing verse - two stars
    Somehow I feel the song would have needed another sad verse, sung by Gary, for this to be needed, but I don't know what Gary could have expressed sadness for this early in the film.
  • A Hero in Hollywood - Two stars
    I'm glad they cut this out.
  • Credit Card Club - Three stars
    I think I like this scene better than others do, though it loses some points for not being too Muppety, and for looking a bit like a mix between Twillight and The Disney Channel's tween sitcoms*. But I like the idea of a show focused on credit cards and featuring snooty kids.
  • The Strip Mall Awards - three stars
    A good scene, but it does go on kinda long. I like the line about "making too many cameos in kids films", and Kathy Griffin being desperate enough to accept the fake award, and it's one of the few times Sam seems to act like his old self (when for the rest of the movie he seems to be okay with the Muppets gettig back together... Maybe a little more like his attitude in Sex and Violence).
  • Bowling for Beaker - Five stars
    I wish this scene was kept in, especially since Bunsen only got one line in the completed film.
  • Muppets in Jail - Four stars
    Better than the awards scene, but it wouldn't make sense to include this without the awards scene. Interesting that Walter had enough money to bail the Muppets out of jail. A shame we didn't get the scene with them leaving the jail house, shown in one of the trailers.
  • Extended Telethon Opening - Five stars
    I wish this was left in. I wonder if this was all done in one take or if editing was involved (I think I saw the top of Dave Goelz's head under Bunsen). Wow, this sure does include lines by a few characters who don't get much dialogue in the film. I don't know why they needed to include the telethon opening with it, but I'm judging these scenes based on the deleted portions.
  • Extended Forget You - Four stars
    Wasn't too excited about this, since the extra scenes were in the music video version (though I was sort of hoping we'd get the msuic video versions of this and Man or Muppet). But it's still great, though I wonder why they chose a whatnot to play the farmer. It would have been a good scene for Link or Pops. Yeah, I know, they often had generic whatnots in scenes that could have been given to more consistient characters.
  • Extended Punch Teacher - Five stars.
    A very funny scene. Though I was sort of expecting Mary to give a response to it, since she is a teacher. Was also hoping we'd get to see Gary's "Are there Muppets in this?" line. I guess we'll still be wondering what led to that line (or maybe he said something else and the line was dubbed into the trailers, but even then, we don't see Gary talking in the CDE office scenes at all).
  • Extended "Let's Talk About Me" - Five Stars
    James Bobin said that this was the only deleted scene he regretted cutting, and I can see why. It's very good.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
I haven't gotten to see the deleted scenes yet but I plan to look at them tomorrow.