Best Kermit and Piggy Scene

What do you think is the best Kermit and Miss Piggy scene?

• "The Moon doesn't look like you..." (Muppet Movie)

Votes: 2 9.5%
  • "You may talk tough Miss Piggy..." (The Great Muppet Caper)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • "The first time it happens." (The Great Muppet Caper)

• "I miss you, I need you..." (The Muppets)

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • "Somebody's getting married." (Muppets Take Manhattan)

• "Love Led Us Here..." (Muppet Treasure Island)

• "You don't need mistletoe when you're green!" (It's a Very Merry Muppet Christmas Movie)

• Other

Votes: 6 28.6%

• Total voters

Princeton

Reaction score
My favorite quote is the one written in my signature mainly because I think that's the closest thing I've heard Kermit to saying "I love you" to Miss Piggy. LOL! And the I miss you and I need you was sweet too! Basically I thought that was the best confession or closest anyways... I've ever seen Kermit tell Miss Piggy.
But is it necessary? This is exactly why Piggy is my least favorite Muppet: She has done nothing since 1976 that is deserving of Kermit reciprocating her love. There is only one Muppet that has a truly loving relationship with Kermit (and I don't mean in a sexual way) and that's Fozzie. Rewatch the 'motorcycle cop' scene in TMM: out of all eleven Muppets in that scene (other than Kermit), it is Fozzie who gets the angriest at Max and the most indignant of Kermit's showdown plan. This is because Fozzie is Kermit's best friend; he's not going anywhere. As long as Kermit has Fozzie, Piggy can go jump in a lake.

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
But is it necessary? This is exactly why Piggy is my least favorite Muppet: She has done nothing since 1976 that is deserving of Kermit reciprocating her love. There is only one Muppet that has a truly loving relationship with Kermit (and I don't mean in a sexual way) and that's Fozzie. Rewatch the 'motorcycle cop' scene in TMM: out of all eleven Muppets in that scene (other than Kermit), it is Fozzie who gets the angriest at Max and the most indignant of Kermit's showdown plan. This is because Fozzie is Kermit's best friend; he's not going anywhere. As long as Kermit has Fozzie, Piggy can go jump in a lake.
As Jim Henson once said "you can't blame her for trying so hard" if you don't like Miss Piggy that is fine and you're entitled to your opinion however I ask that you respect the ones that are Miss Piggy and Kermit fans. Your not gonna change my mind at the fact I think Miss Piggy is very deserving of Kermit and I'm not gonna try and change your mind because it's okay to have differences. Like it or not Kermit and Miss Piggy are together watch recent interviews with Kermit he has clearly said they've been together for 35 years and they're dating. No they aren't married but they're together. I think saying Miss Piggy should jump in a lake is going a little too far. I don't care for some of the muppets myself but I wouldn't wish them to jump in a lake. And as to your first question yes it is necessary. Agree to disagree on this one.

zoebell

Reaction score
i know that miss piggy is love/hate with some people- but to me that is nothing but an indicator of how three dimensional her character is

because let's be honest, you can't really HATE a puppet. if you do that means you're not looking at her as a puppet, you're responding to her like she's a real person, worthy of an emotion as strong as hatred. and that is entirely a credit to how real she tends to come across, and that's also the reason why so many people love her. she sort of transcends her puppetry due to how strong a presence she is. and that to me is what's amazing about her character. she's so strong that everyone has to respond to her with either love or hate

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
Okayyyyyy back on subject with what this thread is about...I also like in "Letters to Santa" when at the end Piggy decided not to go on the trip to the Caribbean because no one would be able to put sunlotion on her back and Kermit says "me." Yeah it's the little things in their moments that I like. Lol!

Princeton

Reaction score
I think saying Miss Piggy should jump in a lake is going a little too far. I don't care for some of the muppets myself but I wouldn't wish them to jump in a lake.
I was being kind; if I said what I really feel, it would probably result in me being banned.
i know that miss piggy is love/hate with some people- but to me that is nothing but an indicator of how three dimensional her character is.
If anything, she's one-dimensional. Her whole gimmick has been "I'm a star! I want celebrity status!" and doesn't care who she has to use or who gets hurt in the process. Snooki is more complex than Piggy.

zoebell

Reaction score
oh i totally disagree on that one. i think she's one of the few three dimensional muppets

Pinkflower7783

Reaction score
As I said before we're respecting your opinions you need to respect ours. And I don't agree with your opinion just as you don't with ours. So once again AGREE TO DISAGREE.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
But is it necessary? This is exactly why Piggy is my least favorite Muppet: She has done nothing since 1976 that is deserving of Kermit reciprocating her love.
I guess the way I see it, very few of us really "deserve" the love of another. We're just very fortunate if someone loves us despite our flaws.