TV Alert: Miss Piggy on Fashon Police March 30

Hubert

Reaction score
Saw the appearance, had me laughing with all the catty back and forth between :mad: and Joan. And yes, her scenes did get deleted because Joan's part as Eileen got cut when TMTM aired on The Hub, dunno why though.
What I meant was, Joan did appear on TMTM, but she didn't CO-STAR with Miss Piggy like she said, she only appeared in one scene.

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I've only seen the clip. There are plenty of Muppet appearances with the Muppets traditionally puppeteered behind a partition so it's nice to see these rare, special occasions when a character is sitting in a chair. A lot goes into creating the prop chair and matching it to the set. I also think Eric did a great job with Piggy's micro expressions. This isn't just Eric's Piggy or Frank's Piggy. This IS Miss Piggy at her finest. Loved this!! :mad::concern:

Hubert

Reaction score
I've only seen the clip. There are plenty of Muppet appearances with the Muppets traditionally puppeteered behind a partition so it's nice to see these rare, special occasions when a character is sitting in a chair. A lot goes into creating the prop chair and matching it to the set. I also think Eric did a great job with Piggy's micro expressions. This isn't just Eric's Piggy or Frank's Piggy. This IS Miss Piggy at her finest. Loved this!! :mad::concern:
Yeah, that was nice, instead of saying, "Look at Miss Piggy, she's a puppet everyone!!!!!" they're saying "Look at Miss Piggy, she's actually a real celebrity!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Forgot to add my positive reaction... I thought she looked fabulous! Those shoes were to die for! And I do like her sitting full body in a chair, although I can see what the previous poster was getting at. She did look like she was kind of on the edge of her seat. I'll just pretend that she was irritated and was on the verge of walking off set. :wink:

Hubert

Reaction score
Forgot to add my positive reaction... I thought she looked fabulous! Those shoes were to die for! And I do like her sitting full body in a chair, although I can see what the previous poster was getting at. She did look like she was kind of on the edge of her seat. I'll just pretend that she was irritated and was on the verge of walking off set. :wink:
Wait, am I the previous poster you speak of?

jvcarroll

Reaction score
I still haven't seen the whole appearance. I hope someone posts the whole thing soon! I'm a poor artist without cable. :embarrassed: Due to the art of improv, the appearances seem to be hit-or-miss. I really think they're starting to get really good with these, but not all of them are going to be gems.

As for Miss Piggy's look - it's getting so much better. A lot of it is getting her out of those flat-ironed wigs. Her fashion faux pas photo really illustrated the differences in her styling. The puppet looks better too. Let's not forget there were several Henson-era puppets that weren't that hot.

Here comes the nit-picking:

However, I still don't understand what prevents them from achieving the classic Piggy facial features as they appear at the pinnacle of her popularity. I wish Disney and Puppet Heap would more directly reference this Piggy's structure. They do have the styling down.
(As pictured in the ad below)​
Still, it was a shame to see that beautiful LV outfit only to have the puppet appear wall-eyed and her ears haphazardly placed...
when we've seen her look so good too...​

zoebell

Reaction score
i think eric is really good with piggy and i love the way she's been looking lately

if there's one thing in her appearances that i think should be there, it's a bit more spontaneity. piggy always had a tendency to derail interviews and interrupt and trail off on her own thing sometimes, at least when frank was doing her. and then the interviewer had to sort of keep up with her...but it's possible that's just really hard to replicate, because clearly that was coming out of frank's own head

Cindy

Staff member
Reaction score
Wait, am I the previous poster you speak of?
No, sorry. I was refering to zoebell's comment about having the Muppet sit behind a table so that they have more "flexibility" to move.

Beauregard

Reaction score
Piggy always had a tendency to derail interviews and interrupt and trail off on her own thing sometimes
YES! But mostly on Cooking shows, where the interviewers are more intent on cooking than interviewing. I always loved the way that Piggy showed off the fakeness of television. I enjoyed the interview where she was shouting off-camera for someone to basically back up a van so she could steal all Martha Stewarts silver.