Monday Morning Meeting

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
*Applauds the aliterative exposition in this segment. *Approves of the planning for the next episode of the Muppet Show within this particular fan's universe.
*Leaves contentedly. :flirt:
Glad I could oblige! :wink:

An interesting take on the frog/pig relationship, and I can see the guys annoying the snot out of Kermit just for the heck of it, especially when it concerns his weakness for Miss Piggy.
AH, mi gusta! I've always thought their relationship funny, even when I didn't get it as a child. Their argument in TGMC is still the funniest interaction between them in any movie I've ever seen (I'm playing 800 different emotions! Well, try playing one of them right)

Two things: proper usage is "had no qualms," not "held no qualms"
The term is "deep-seated," not deep-seeded," although the words probably had a common origin.
The first one I could see (will go back and chew on the difference), but the second one - really? I can see the semblance, but for some reason deep-seated seems different than that of deep-seeded. Now I'm wondering if I meant the former and not the latter or if I misspelled it and Word decided I meant the latter and not the former.

Hmmmm....ponder I shall.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Ponder away Pinky. But yes, you need to read what you've writen if you're relying solely on Word instead of your instincts when it comes to catching homonyms to click on ignore when Word attempts to auto-correct everything. We've been there, cause everybody makes mistakes oh yes they do. :wisdom:

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Ponder away Pinky. But yes, you need to read what you've writen if you're relying solely on Word instead of your instincts when it comes to catching homonyms to click on ignore when Word attempts to auto-correct everything. We've been there, cause everybody makes mistakes oh yes they do. :wisdom:
Ru: (in a stage whisper) He's talking about me. My typing fingers go faster than my brain. In fact, I actually turned in a paper recently where I referenced an origami website that was supposed to feature "Paper Airplanes and Boats" and I typed--you guessed it--"Paper Airplanes and Boars." (I must have Linkie-pie on the brain! hahahahaha) My teacher was apparently more amused than appalled and didn't dock me!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Actually... That's why I have to open up a separate wordpad window to write up my posts. Used to be able to just type directly into the post's edit field itself... But apparently when in an online edit field, my JAWS program can't keep up with my furious typing speed whenever I know what it is I'm writing or going to write. That, plus I've pretty much learned how to attempt to keep up with the broken English some people post here, well, you're not the only one prone to those little grammatical gremlins Aunt Ru.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Well, thank God I'm not the only one!

Once, when I was sick (and delirious) I typed out an entire paragraph that - at the time - made sense, however when I read it over again once I was in a semblance of clarity, was kinda just gibberish that I didn't understand.:grr:

Had to type the whole thing again, having no idea what the original idea was after that. However, it has now spawned the in-joke of me never having any idea what it is I'm saying once I've become sick (and why I no longer write while addle-brain)

Ruahnna

Reaction score
Last muffin--I promise. Some of my best writing actually occurs when I am in a somnambulistic state somewhere between awake and asleep. This usually means that I'm just aching to write and have been too slammed by my impossible schedule to do much, so I'm attempting to stay up late and get some words down. Stuff just pours out of me in that state, and although I have to clean up the typos and stuff (well, sort of--haha!) it's usually quite usable. But everybody's different, and no two people write the same way. (Glad it's not just me, either!)

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
I too enjoy the guys ribbing the ribbit just for the halibut. :smile:

Curious where you intend to go with the frog/pig thing...cautious romance is what I seem to be picking up here, especially given your line about romance springing forth wherever it darned well pleases, despite the amphibian's more reserved instincts. This could be fun. Hard to believe you intend this as a short piece, as thus far it all seems like a prelude to something greater! Hope you continue with it.

One final nitpick: it's spelled "cymbals"... :halo:
----------------

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Curious where you intend to go with the frog/pig thing...cautious romance is what I seem to be picking up here, especially given your line about romance springing forth wherever it darned well pleases, despite the amphibian's more reserved instincts. This could be fun. Hard to believe you intend this as a short piece, as thus far it all seems like a prelude to something greater! Hope you continue with it.
Interesting that you should pick up on that. :smile: Originally, this was gonna be a one shot and just leave it at that, but my mind is never satisfied for long, so before I knew it, the idea of a secondary piece roared its ugly head. So yeah, this is probably gonna be a two-shot instead of a one shot.

One final nitpick: it's spelled "cymbals"... :halo:
----------------
:grr::rolleyes::eek::embarrassed: You know, you would think a former band nerd like myself would have caught that or rather, would have know the difference. *le sigh* I blame my roommate. I seem to be losing more and more brain cells living here than ever before. So yeah, the blame is there.

So, guess what I was supposed to do today and did not? If you guessed a whole lotta stuff, you're right, but one of those things was working on this (read: finishing so that I can start that two shot that this has now become) and didn't. Which is amazing considering that I woke up two hours earlier than I normally do.

Right. I'm going to finish this. This week. It shall be done.:sigh::insatiable:

Katzi428

Reaction score
Take your time finishing it! I love it! Just wondering one thing. Since it is a meeting with the staff, does Kermit discuss (or attempt to discuss) the week's menu with The Swedish Chef?
(I love the nicknames you have for us reviewers: "Etymoiolgist" for Ru. & "This Just In" for Newsie. LOL!! )

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Take your time finishing it! I love it! Just wondering one thing. Since it is a meeting with the staff, does Kermit discuss (or attempt to discuss) the week's menu with The Swedish Chef?

Huh, you know, I hadn't thought of that. I guess that would most likely deal with the actual show, seeing as I don't have them in the boarding house (at least for this. Who knows what my mind will come up with)

(I love the nicknames you have for us reviewers: "Etymoiolgist" for Ru. & "This Just In" for Newsie. LOL!! )
Can you tell I'm having just a little too much fun with this board??:batty::smile::cluck: