When you need to rant...

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Compare TV, or even sitcoms back in the 1970s to 1990s, then compare right now. In my opinion, the majority of my favorite shows go a while back.:smirk:
You're telling me. Heck, go back further, sitcoms from the late 50s through the 70s are MUCH funnier, and actually MAKE SENSE compared to most sitcoms on TV today!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And you know, even though I think perhaps Chevy Chase is going a little overboard in his tirades, I think he does pretty much have a point... a couple of weeks ago, my dad and I ended up seeing an episode of community... when it was over, we looked at each other and said, "What did we just watch?" It's not funny. It makes no sense. Why is it on TV?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
And you know, even though I think perhaps Chevy Chase is going a little overboard in his tirades, I think he does pretty much have a point... a couple of weeks ago, my dad and I ended up seeing an episode of community... when it was over, we looked at each other and said, "What did we just watch?" It's not funny. It makes no sense. Why is it on TV?
Yeah, I'm kinda thinking that too. I kinda liked the show when it started, but it ain't good anymore.
And Chevy Chase's lines are just..stupid. He doesn't say anything funny. Why is he there? The other characters aren't funny either. It seems people like this show.
(P.S. Is that the same Chevy Chase that's in Follow that Bird? (as the news reporter))?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
(P.S. Is that the same Chevy Chase that's in Follow that Bird? (as the news reporter))?
Indeed. As far as comedy goes, he's one of the greats. He was one of the original SNL castmembers, he really is a comedy legend.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I don't think anyone would care about Don't Trust The B---- In Apartment 23 if it was called Apartment 23 or something more plain. It's part of a marketing scheme by ABC to drum up attention. Look at Cougar Town; I haven't watched a lot of it, but I've gathered it's not about the "cougar" lifestyle, but a fairly typical sitcom. ABC likes giving their shows tawdry titles (GCB anyone?).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I don't think anyone would care about Don't Trust The B---- In Apartment 23 if it was called Apartment 23 or something more plain.
I never even heard the "Don't Trust the B----" part of the title until the last couple of days or so, I saw promos for it weeks ago, and they only refered to it as "Apt. 23", but even then, all I could do was shake my head and try not to bang it against the wall.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
--------------
*shrug* Why do you guys even WATCH TV anymore? Despite the Count's proclamation, it is still and will be evermore a "wast vasteland". Wouldn't you rather be reading, or writing, or puppeteering instead??

-------------

mo

Reaction score
I actually posted earlier on this thread that I can't read.I can.