The "Have You Ever Wondered..." Thread

Beakerfan

Reaction score
Not only is it more difficult, it's more expensive. Also, from a design aspect, just curtains looks better than blinds. Also also, there are actually many houses in the "real world" with just curtains :wink:.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Whenever something animated wins an award and the animated characters are shown making their acceptance speeches, do the companies producing them know the winner in advance, or do all studios actually animate acceptance speeches or what? The only examples I know of are at least two of the times when Rugrats won the "Best animated show" category at the Kids Choice Awards (1997 and 1998, I believe... Maybe more), and I think the first winner of the "Best animated feature" category at the Oscars.

Though now that I think about it, I think both times when Rugrats characters appeared to accept the award, I think the animation was all reused with new dialogue.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Though now that I think about it, I think both times when Rugrats characters appeared to accept the award, I think the animation was all reused with new dialogue.
Yeah, I'm pretty sure a lot of them do it that way... Nick, Cartoon Network, and the like, they seemed to either have their own in-house stock animation or recycled animation from the actual shows for such things, like back in the day when CN had Cartoon Cartoon Fridays.

HeyButtahfly

Reaction score
Haha, I still can hear Dexter's voice in my head saying, "Cartoon CarTOONS!"

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Have you ever wondered how lightbulbs are able to completely cool off in like a couple of minutes, even after they've been burning all day?

newsmanfan

Reaction score
------------
Heh...clearly you've never dealt with theatre lights... tungsten-halogens is HOT.

Have you ever wondered why humanity in general LIKES being spoon-fed their social values through television?
--------------

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Ok, so I was wondering this earlier. What was the fascination in elementary school of throwing pencils at the ceiling to get them to stick? It was like...a status symbol or something.

Or did I go to the only elementary school that did this? :smirk:

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
School? I've seen office workers do that. I think it rates highly in the Boredolympics.

-----------