Monday Morning Meeting

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
Ugh, so firstly, very very sorry I did not finish this when I said I would. Needless to say that my home life currently is...let's just say that I would rather be living in the Muppet Boarding House or the Happiness Hotel or a cardboard box at this point. I don't even care which one first.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::cry:

Secondly, guess who keeps coming with ideas faster than she can write them down? <---this girl right here. Yeah. So, here we go again!

Kermit snorted at that. Piggy always did have a knock for getting him into trouble and whether she knew it or not – or rather whether he admitted to the fact – he always did get a kick in the ways she tried. “I’m sure,” he said, glancing at her. “Well, I had planned to take you to lunch in order to discuss your…suggestions, but by the looks of this, I’ll be surprised if I could buy you a bag of popcorn with this list you gave me.”

Standing with the notion to stretch and head out herself, Piggy took the time to stretch as much as possible, which of course had nothing to do with the fact that Kermit seemed to be a bit mesmerized with her doing so – the blouse was the right choice after all, she thought with a small smirk.

“I have every confidence that vous will choose something that is not only effective, but worthwhile,” she replied, walking around him in order to head out. One satin covered finger also managed the trip from one shoulder, across the back of his neck, and to the other as she passed. “However,” she continued, pausing to lean against the table in order to address him. “Moi would like to draw your attention to item number 425.”

An unexpected giggled escaped the green lips before he was able to cover it by clearing his throat. “Piggy,” he began. “I haven’t even gotten past item number five to even begin to look at item number four hundred twenty-five.”

“Should look at it now.”

“I will look at it when I’m good and ready,” he retorted, the response coming automatically. This was how arguments started – both of them needed to have the last word. After waiting a beat, he acquisitioned with, “Which is now.” Unrolling the scroll to find item four hundred twenty-five took a bit of maneuvering, especially when the paper insisted on wanting to keep rolled, Kermit grinned at the sight of the suggestion offered.

“I’ll tell you the same thing I told Gonzo,” he said. “Trim it down and we’ll discuss it.”

“Over dinner?”

“Lunch.”

“Over lunch and dinner?”

She’s going to be difficult I see, came the thought. “I’ve only suggested lunch,” he replied. “You’re the one suggesting dinner.”

“And yet I haven’t heard a no to either,” came her retort.

Well…she had him there. He really did want to take her to lunch today, something that had only entered his mind when he had seen her this morning. But the prospect of dinner – which was her suggestion, by the way! – did seem to be a great idea, especially if he choose the location.

Heaving a dramatic sigh that he felt was worthy of her, Kermit said, “Fine. Lunch and dinner, but only if you have dinner at home.”

Piggy gave him a look of confusion, her baby blues narrowing slightly. Certainly he wasn’t suggesting…playing it up as a joke, she asked, “You want to fly to Paris to have dinner?”

Was she being funny? Or serious? I really hope she’s joking, the frog thought. Did she consider Paris her home now? Kermit wasn’t even aware how long she had lived there…considerably a long enough time to make her mark as the editor of a high fashion magazine.

Deciding to go with the tried and true form of sarcastic wit he secretly loved and employed when he could, he looked at her and retorted, “Cute.”

“I have been known to be adorable.”

“And beautiful,” Kermit added, smiling when he noticed the telltale signs of a blush rising on her cheeks. “And stunning. And gorgeous. And stunningly beautifully gorgeous.” Seeing that he had her attention – and he usually did when he started breaking out the compliments – Kermit did one last thing that he hoped would garner sympathy – the pollywog eyes.

“Dinner?” he asked, his voice hopeful. “At home? Yes?”

Piggy stared at the frog for a rather long time, a little too long in Kermit’s opinion, seemingly accessing all there was to know – or rather, remember – about the leader of Muppets in front of her. Truth be told, she actually hadn’t expected him to agree to dinner, nevermind about suggesting they have it at the home they once shared. That threw her for a loop.

This had been a familiar game between them and while the familiarity of it was nice, the diva wasn’t really sure of what was going to come with it. She had meant it when she said she was planning on staying, however she hadn’t really thought of anything past finishing the show and getting the theater and their trademark names back.

However, if he was serious about dinner, it would give her a chance to let him know what her plans were for that week and hope that he wouldn’t be too put out about it. And, being honest with herself, when had she ever said no to his sad pollywog eyes routine?

Heaving her own sigh, Piggy pushed off from the table and looped one of her arms through that of Kermit’s own skinnier one with the purpose of leading them both out of the office and out into the world at large. “Well frog,” she announced. “You’ve twisted my arm. You buy me lunch and I’ll make you dinner and then we’ll discuss items 140 and 425.”

Kermit shook his head in mirth. “I only remembering saying we’d discuss item 425 at dinner,” he replied. “If you want to discuss item 140, you’ll have to have breakfast with me. I’ll even throw in a room.” Kermit was immediately stopped before he could reach the doorway, discovering that while he was continuing forward, Piggy had stopped.

And was giving him an unreadable look.

“An extra room,” he amended, finally realizing what it was that he had said. “We have plenty. I mean, I have plenty. Of room that is.”

“I know that.”

“I know you know that,” he stammered. “And I know you know that I know that sounded rather forward, but I hope that you know that I know that we both know how many rooms we…I have at the house. And I certainly hope you know that I know that you know that I didn’t mean to insinuate…”

“Kermie, you’re rambling.”

“I know and I know you know that when I’m rambling it probably means that I’m nervous, though I’m sure you know that I know that you know…”

“I know.”

“And I know you know, so…”

“Kermie,” she purred, taking her hand and physically stopping him from talking by closing his mouth. “Stop talking.”

“Hrmmm.”

“Lunch?” Kermit nodded. “Dinner around seven o’clock?” Again, Kermit nodded. “Good,” she said, releasing him and making sure that they continued on their way. “We have a lot to discuss.”

And that's it for that. Yes, there will be a sequel when I start on it (which will hopefully be now) and will probably be included here. Or should I make a new thread?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
This lastest segment definitely shows promise. The fact that Piggy's cajoling Kermit's meal planning routine to get what she wants for the upcoming week is right up her alley. Kermit stammering and rambling when confronted by the pig's proximity, also deftly handled.

If this is the conclusion of your oneshot, then please let us know, we usually can tell when a story's ended or when there's a feeling that it could lead to more which could confuse the non-practiced reader, which is why we ask if this is the end.
Sequel? Yes, separate thread most definitely as all the ongoing series have had individual threads for all their entries.
*Is reminded of own April oneshot, but has another bout of creative insecurity to contend with first, Batssica will have to wait.

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
This lastest segment definitely shows promise. The fact that Piggy's cajoling Kermit's meal planning routine to get what she wants for the upcoming week is right up her alley. Kermit stammering and rambling when confronted by the pig's proximity, also deftly handled.
Oh good! :smile: I only hope I can keep that feeling as I make my way into the sequel.

If this is the conclusion of your oneshot, then please let us know, we usually can tell when a story's ended or when there's a feeling that it could lead to more which could confuse the non-practiced reader, which is why we ask if this is the end.

Sequel? Yes, separate thread most definitely as all the ongoing series have had individual threads for all their entries.
Si, si, tis end of this part, I guess I should say. I admit that I did struggle for an appropriate end (and of course my preoccupation with outside real life forces), but I figured that the current end makes sense, yes? Cause on one hand, Piggy could be talking about that huge list of hers, but on the other hand, she could also mean that thing that I hinted at (which were several) Tee hee:halo:

This time around I really want to get much more written before I post and of course looked over before my excitement in posting gets the best of me. Do look for 'Monday Dinner Date' on a MC forum near you...April 2012.

*Is reminded of own April oneshot, but has another bout of creative insecurity to contend with first, Batssica will have to wait.
Hey yeah! I was reading those! And was patiently waiting for April. How does this nag stick thing work? Do I just poke you with it?

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah, that's how they work. But I wonder if I left that nagging stick closet open so anyone just fetches one out and starts using them at will. At least my Riddler-themed ? stick is tucked away in my room at the Jim Townhouse at Hensonville.
Good news is I've got the fic planned out at both the club and song stages.
Bad news is I've got to write it, dunno when that'll happen, and then get it posted for everyone to read/review.

newsmanfan

Reaction score
-------------
Hmm. This seems an awkward place to end a story...honestly, you should just plug right on from here, is my own preference, but eh...*shrug* your story.

Kermit getting so flustered when he realizes just what he unwittingly insinuated and doing the whole "I know you know" routine is amusing. Happily Piggy takes it all in stride. Watching the two of them one-up the other by pollywog eyes and tight blouses is pure romantic comedy. Very nice. :smile:

Minor gaffe: I think you meant "acquiescing" instead of "acquisitioned" --unless the frog is going out on a midnight expedition to, er, "acquire" some genteel submission? Huh...in my day, we only did that to get street signs...
And having Piggy "access" her thoughts seems too, well, Borg-like. Maybe she just stands there and muses with a wry pout to that cute snout?

Enjoying. Please continue in some form. :smile:
----------------

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
-------------
Hmm. This seems an awkward place to end a story...honestly, you should just plug right on from here, is my own preference, but eh...*shrug* your story.
I'm not exactly that happy with it, but I think it should segway into the next story. Also, as mentioned, I'm a bit distracted with real life not working the way it should, but of course, what do I turn to when I'm upset with life? Writing.

I expect that this next one will be downright heartwrenching in such that I'm working through my own emotions.

Kermit getting so flustered when he realizes just what he unwittingly insinuated and doing the whole "I know you know" routine is amusing. Happily Piggy takes it all in stride. Watching the two of them one-up the other by pollywog eyes and tight blouses is pure romantic comedy. Very nice. :smile:
YAAAAAAAAY!

Minor gaffe: I think you meant "acquiescing" instead of "acquisitioned" --unless the frog is going out on a midnight expedition to, er, "acquire" some genteel submission? Huh...in my day, we only did that to get street signs...
And having Piggy "access" her thoughts seems too, well, Borg-like. Maybe she just stands there and muses with a wry pout to that cute snout?
Hmmmm...may have to go back and look at that. Again, I think I'm happy with my first fan fic post. :super:

I'm watching Bill Cosby, which is something that will hopefully get in me in a better mood than I feel. I had wanted to watch the Muppets, but felt that even the joyousness of the Muppets could not break through my mood.

Working on the plot and outline and will hopefully get started on the actual writing later tonight.

Muppetfan44

Reaction score
I definitely hope you continue this story....I would definitely be interested to see how Kermit and Piggy handle this new part of their relationship and how everyone else starts planning for another show...keep up the good work

Misskermie

Reaction score
I late replying to this.

Anyhoot, I love how Kermit rambles, and Piggy says, "Stop Talking." It's so CUTE! More please!

WebMistressGina

Reaction score
I late replying to this.

Anyhoot, I love how Kermit rambles, and Piggy says, "Stop Talking." It's so CUTE! More please!
Better late than never, my frog loving friend! Monday Morning Meeting is actually done, but there will be a sequel of Monday Dinner Date that I'm working on concurrently while also doing 8Ball Rhumba. That's gonna be the major drama one with more of a focus on Piggy, so trying to bring up my inner diva!